March security update Rolled out

Received march security update on TA-1004 r8 now.Not yet downloaded.

March security update Rolled out

pechu pechu
 / 

Received march security update on TA-1004 r8 now.Not yet downloaded.

Comments

• ramz6 ramz6
     / 

• LennartB LennartB
    ✭✭✭  / 

Got it, installing as we speak.

• pardeep pardeep
     / 
    No update to camera yet.. 
  • pechu pechu
     / 

One noticeable change is they have added google lens in this update. 

• LennartB LennartB
    ✭✭✭  / 

Do you mean as a seperate app or integrated in google photos? I don't see anything google lens related on mine. Then again i also don't have google assistant since my phone language is set to dutch-Belgium.

• manuj manuj
     / 
    March security update??? Where is it??? I have not got any notification on my Nokia 8:frowning_face:
  • pechu pechu
     / 

@LennartB Its integrated with photos.Go to gallery and open any photo ,u could  see google lens icon as 3rd option.(after edit icon).

• pardeep pardeep
     / 

@pechu google lens got integrated with the last update of google assistant and google photos. It has nothing to do with march security update. This is just a security patch.

• pechu pechu
     / 

oo i c..I didn't noticed that one.Sorry  

• bloomba bloomba
     / 
    Yesterday got march update on TA-1004, but notification of 8.1 disappeared (not yet installed).
    Probably I have to re-insert a Vodafone Sim to receive update notification (same trick as for 8.0).
  • Derekrs Derekrs
     / 
    I did not receive a notification for the update but tried the Vodafone sim swop and the update appeared. This leads me to believe that there is a white list in operation covering certain service providers and BT is not on the list. This is quite bizarre as BT only sell unlocked phones and mostly Sims. I don't understand HMD's logic for blocking updates to BT sim equipped phones. Maybe it's Brexit related.
  • duncadelic duncadelic
     / 
    I'm on EE in the UK who havn't even yet pushed out 8.1 so it's anyone's guess when I'll get the March patch, they are the slowest network for updates in the UK, I made a huge mistake going with them!
  • LennartB LennartB
    ✭✭✭  /  edited March 16

That sucks duncadelic.

If you want to go through the hassle; resetting the phone and connecting to wi-fi NO SIM inserted during set-up should prompt 8.1 update.

• duncadelic duncadelic
     / 
    @Derekrs I always thought it was the networks that blocked/delayed the updates not the OEM's? I've read the reason for the blocked/delayed 8.1 update from EE is because of EE's WiFi calling causing problems with the update, I don't know if this is all of the problem tho, but that's what I read on the Nokia sub on Reddit.
  • user1507208628483 user1507208628483
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Not received the march security update in the UK on Tesco mobile yet. I normally get them pretty quickly but this one is taking longer.
  • Dont think the update is available to UK yet as mine is not locked to any sim.

• I'm in the UK using Nokia 8 TA-1012 on EE and haven't received the march update or the 8.1 update. Not really sure what the holdup is, know EE are bad but they're not normally this bad
  • Its not EE but HMD hasnt released March update in the UK as of yet.

• Derekrs Derekrs
     / 
    Hi, I am in UK using BT sim (they own EE and piggyback on their network). I received the March security update about a week ago, but was only able to initiate the download by using an expired Vodafone sim instead of my BT one. So clearly the update is available in the UK
  • Im not locked to any carrier and I havent recieved the update.

• Derekrs Derekrs
     / 
    Nor am I. I had the same problem with receiving 8.1 although none with the 8.1 beta, 8.0 both beta and final so it would seem that this problem started with 8.1. Only HMD can explain where the problem lies.
  • This is the reply I got from support.

"Then if you don't receive it by the end of the month, you can contact us again!"

Very insightful.

• Been told by support to wait till the end of the month and see if I get the update by then, and if not, to contact them then.

• mrbelter mrbelter
    ✭✭✭  / 

I asked BT and therefore EE if they are actively blocking or delaying system updates for SIM free Nokia 8 handsets and so far they have just ignored me.

• Still no update. Guess the March update will happen in April. Nokia is dropping the ball on this!
  • UK unlocked TA-1012, still awaiting March update. 

• Dad's got a Sony on Tesco, his phone did an update tonight. Not sure what update but took a while. I've looked and says 1st march security update on his phone.
  • It is linked to the network you are on, for some reason HMD are only provisioning it for certain ones. I use EE and did fine with updates until the consumer release of 8.1. This only came when I popped a 3 SIM in. However this month even that didn't work. I will try with a Vodafone SIM and report back.
  • mrbelter mrbelter
    ✭✭✭  / 

No matter who i have contacted regarding the lack of updates for EE and its MVNOs i do not get an answer and silence generally leads to uncertainty and suspicion.

I am normally an advocate of be patient, your time will come but this is all a bit odd. If a network is interfering with updates for SIM free handsets then that's kind of worrying.