Nokia 7.1 performance

I am having several issues with my brand new phone.  I observed lags at various points while using my Nokia 7.1. like when I uninstall an app my phone hangs.

Nokia 7.1 performance

Anshulag Anshulag
✭✭  / 
I am having several issues with my brand new phone.
 I observed lags at various points while using my Nokia 7.1. like when I uninstall an app my phone hangs. Also while using apps like Instagram I faced notch problem (seems like phone gets confused whether to show notchor not and it keeps on flashing the notch). 
There's also much lag in performance which I have been observing from the starting (last Saturday,when I get this phone for me).
 I thought that this is the issue of the android version so I updated it to latest Android but nothing changed. 

Tagged:

Comments

• ikijibiki ikijibiki
    ✭✭  / 
    Which OS is installed? Mine just updated to Android 9 and it's better.
  • Anshulag Anshulag
    ✭✭  / 
    Android 9 only.
  • wyk wyk
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    Dont install apps outside of play store & dont use any kind of background scanning apps like anti-virus or cleaner... It will do nothing only slow ur device down. 
  • Anshulag Anshulag
    ✭✭  / 
    I am using  no app outside playstore and neither any background running scan application.
  • steve steve
    ✭✭✭  /  edited January 1
    Even though the notch is nothing new now , I don't think every phone version and app combination has been fully tested, an app developer has to best design the app to run as intended on a huge range of phones, like I use a cam app called freedcam so I can disable noise reduction and alter the contrast and saturation levels pre image capture, unfortunately the 7.1 doesn't run it fully like my old Moto g4 and g5s and Nokia 3.1 which runs it flawless...the notch issue you mention sounds odd, have you changed the notch settings in the developer mode section?  I leave my notch setting as intended and not noticed any issues yet, if anyone else has the same apps as this initial poster could they please check the performance ? 
  • steve steve
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Also the phone will lag a little sometimes when uninstalling some apps, just as in a pc the uninstall process takes system resources to complete the process 
  • Peter N J Peter N J
    ✭✭  / 
    I was having many issues, heating, battery drain, apps were acting weird ... not working, typing, lagging and so on. It was driving me nuts. I think I found the problem / Solution.

I corresponded with google about an app error I was getting. 

I removed and reinstalled the google account from my phone, I cleared the Storage and Cache from Google Play Services. I had to also untick/re-tick 'automatic date and time', and 'automatic time zone'. 

I forgot to save the chat we had unfortunately as the above could of been a bit more specific.

12 hours later, my battery is still going, yes its still going at 71%, amazing. (previously +/-5 hours till dead) No heating, gmail seems to be working, manual upload imaging are working and so on. Not sure if typing is better but no lagging.

Wahooo.