diappointed with spare parts non-availability

Despite company's shared warehouse strategy, a most common component I.e.

diappointed with spare parts non-availability

vikasm vikasm
 /  edited December 2018
Despite company's shared warehouse strategy, a most common component I.e. receiver speaker of four month old Nokia 7 plus is not readily available even at good economic regions like Chandigarh. It would take 12-15 days time by authorized service centre to procure the same.
Very disappointed by the approach and sitting without my Nokia for so many days.
Sorry to say, Nokia you disappointed me.

Comments

• I have had to ditch my Nokia 8, sent away for repair, via carphone warehouse and got an email, saying they can't repair and i need to change my phone. Bitterly dissatisfied with Nokia. 
  • singhnsk singhnsk
    Super User  / 
    @vikasm I'll have to agree that the non-availability of spares at official service points is really a common problem. It is kinda the same across the country and I am really hoping that they address it with priority. They should at least reduce the delay even if the spare part is not available at the service center. Transit from any part of the country to Chandigarh will not take such a long time.

@Jeffb What do you mean when you say that they cannot repair? Is it that the company denied service for a device which was still in warranty? Or is it out of warranty when you sent it for repair?
  • Couldn't get the parts, i believe. I only had the phone since July 18, poor product sadly. I had high expectations. 
  • singhnsk singhnsk
    Super User  / 
    Jeffb said:
    Couldn't get the parts, i believe. I only had the phone since July 18, poor product sadly. I had high expectations. 
    So... they will give the phone back and not repair it at all? If they can't find the parts, then they need to replace it. Isn't it standard practice? I'd really want you to take this up with the support team :)
  • Got myself a Huawei phone instead. Dont think i had the option. All top range Nokia aren't on the Carphone warehouse site anymore,well the Nokia 8 is not on.
  • I wont be getting anymore Nokia phones, poor product. 
  • @jeffb What was wrong with your 8?
  • Speaker knackered, i couldn't hear alarm, music or phone ringtone. Could hear music in headphones though. Sent it for repair via Carphone warehouse but only to be told i have to change my phone.