Android Pie starts up :)

Android Pie starts up :)

petrus petrus
✭✭✭  /  edited December 2018

Comments

• Will pie beta users get this update as well ? 
  • petrus petrus
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Let me know when someone has it. Well thank you
  • I was kind of expecting this to happen after Christmas, but it's good to get to know probably already today if the stable Pie really is somewhat lobotomized or actually has some or all of the bits and pieces not in beta.
  • keith said:
    Wonder if we will get the promised camera update as well. 
    I'd be very surprised to see it suddenly at this point as the beta had several other unexpectedly incomplete details. Of course, doesn't mean it's 100% impossible.
  • dray78 dray78
    ✭✭✭  / 
    dedovec said:
    It's too fast after the end of the beta. Hm... I'm worried about the final Pie already. 

Don't worry. It will be the same 💩 as the Beta.  :D
    If that will be the case, and i think it will be, then it's just 8.1 with a new jacked on. Shameful to name it Pie.
  • Ebete si maikata Ebete si maikata
     /  edited December 2018
    dray78 said:
    If that will be the case, and i think it will be, then it's just 8.1 with a new jacked on. Shameful to name it Pie.
    I don't know, just presuming, because i am at the same opinion as the other users- too short beta testing, followed by immediate official release...
  • petrus said:
    Today as I watch, nobody got Android Pie. At the forum we are from all over the world and nothing.  :D
    HDM is a damn liar , like other lies , camera , android pie update and etc about Nokia 8.
  • marsic marsic
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    Well since they kept calling the 8.1 as the new Nokia 8... The mother lovers and their watering down tactics ...

Anyway, kinda strange that nobody on this planet reported receiving the stable pie. Another psychotic circus maneuver, HMD-specific shift show?
  • ignas ignas
    ✭✭  / 
    Hey now, they've still got 14 hours of "today" left at UTC-12.
  • naufrago naufrago
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    I am good where I stand. I will wait for 9.1 as I suspect none of the bugs were hunted down.
  • petrus petrus
    ✭✭✭  / 
    naufrago said:
    I am good where I stand. I will wait for 9.1 as I suspect none of the bugs were hunted down.
    Yes you are very right. Actually I was also right that the final will be the same as the beta.
    Sarvikas confirm this and all collected feedback from the beta will be used to improve the Pie in the next release.

"Quality of the betalabs build was good so we are rolling it out as commmercial release now. We will do a subsequent release and introduce new features and address other feedback that we got. This immediate step is to simply get more people on Pie"

That's why they said " the only difference will be the Feedback app".... 

So who is with the beta, stay with it. The final release is exactly the same.

Actually, I wanted only improved camera app, everything else really is working very good in Pie beta. The camera is a bit improved, but just a bit. 

Thank you for the information.  :) 
  • kos kos
    ✭✭  / 
    Hi there! Do I need to roll back to Oreo rfom the Beta to receive Release version or it will come OTA over it?
  • Jivko Antonov Jivko Antonov
    ✭✭✭  / 
    You are actually with the final version . At this point do nothing. Nex month you will receive security patch and will remove Feedback app.
  • marsic marsic
    ✭✭✭✭  /  edited December 2018
    I wonder why I've rolled back to Oreo. Most likely I wanted a "fresher" upgrade, without caches or other residues from the beta causing issues. But now they confirm that the beta was actually... it? So no super camera? Also, no pie crumbs anywhere on the planet? Can the insult go any further? What the spanking funk!
  • petrus said:

It's annoying that HMD doesn't feel it would be a good idea to share information such as this directly to their own site (this forum, or have a frequently updated Android update blog on the site) in addition to tweets and talking to enthusiastics forums. Particularly the earlier, more brief version was just one of the many replies to his original tweets, buried deeply within.
  • gulasa gulasa
    ✭✭  / 
    Se me está actualizando pero el parche de seguridad de goofle :s
  • I wonder why they released this crippled beta if they are prepairing a new update which will provide more features? They tried to make us shut up, because they didn't complete their own schedule! This is very bad attitude!
  • petrus petrus
    ✭✭✭  / 
    gulasa said:
    Se me está actualizando pero el parche de seguridad de goofle :s

I also received a security update for December.
  • kiranzzz512 kiranzzz512
    ✭✭  / 
    Me too got a security update
  • barros barros
    ✭✭  / 
    Me too. December security patch 
    Portugal - Vodafone