From Nokia 8 Pie Beta to official Pie

Could you clarify do I need to roll back to nokia 8 oreo from nokia 8 pie beta to get full version of nokia 8 pie OTA?

From Nokia 8 Pie Beta to official Pie

Ela79 Ela79
✭✭  /  edited December 2018
Could you clarify do I need to roll back to nokia 8 oreo from nokia 8 pie beta to get full version of nokia 8 pie OTA? And if so what do I have to do?  Will there be more changes to nokia camera, adaptive battery and so on? I mean this nokia 8 pie beta feels like a lite version of full Pie compared to other Nokia models that had pie already. I've also had some issues in wifi connection stability in pie beta.. Will the official version have any changes to that? Also had issues with fingerprint scanner.  I mean't to send pictures about that throu feedback app but when it occured I didn't have time to do that. Will I be able to send more throu feedback app if that happens again or is this beta program closed and nobody will review those anymore? Could I please get answer straight from Nokia or HMD experts? 

Comments

• ThePocetnik ThePocetnik
    ✭✭  / 
    I would like to know that either. I'm hoping that upgrade from beta to official version will be avaiable, because from mail info it is the same build without feedback app so it shouldn't be a problem for OTA update.
  • Yougourtha Yougourtha
    ✭✭  / 
    I have the same question : do i need to rollback to oreo to be able to download final Pie to my Nokia 8 ?
    Or it's possible to have Ota update from beta pie to Final Pie ?
    Thanks
  • Ela79 Ela79
    ✭✭  / 
    What is the meaning of this community when nobody from HMD Global answers?? 
  • wilson shrestha wilson shrestha
    ✭✭✭✭✭  / 
    Could you clarify do I need to roll back to nokia 8 oreo from nokia 8 pie beta to get full version of nokia 8 pie OTA? And if so what do I have to do?  Will there be more changes to nokia camera, adaptive battery and so on? I mean this nokia 8 pie beta feels like a lite version of full Pie compared to other Nokia models that had pie already. I've also had some issues in wifi connection stability in pie beta.. Will the official version have any changes to that? Also had issues with fingerprint scanner.  I mean't to send pictures about that throu feedback app but when it occured I didn't have time to do that. Will I be able to send more throu feedback app if that happens again or is this beta program closed and nobody will review those anymore? Could I please get answer straight from Nokia or HMD experts? 
    I would like to know that either. I'm hoping that upgrade from beta to official version will be avaiable, because from mail info it is the same build without feedback app so it shouldn't be a problem for OTA update.
    I have the same question : do i need to rollback to oreo to be able to download final Pie to my Nokia 8 ?
    Or it's possible to have Ota update from beta pie to Final Pie ?
    Thanks
    Guys let me clarify that you don't need to rollback from Pie Beta to Oreo to receive the Stable Pie update. You are supposed to receive the Stable Pie directly.

Right now the stable Pie is the same like the lite version of Pie. Nokia has promised to update the camera, provide all the other missing features in the next update. Yes the beta program is closed for now but you can still provide feedbacks to them about the bugs through support or feedback app directly. Sorry to disappoint you but I'm a just a community member. Nokia rarely answers to posts in here. According to them this is a place where community members help each other.
  • We'll stay waiting for
  • febi febi
    ✭✭  / 
    I had lot of hope about Nokia 8(2017) when I purchased it in 2018, i was thinking that Nokia will provide updates at the earliest and will fix camera low light issues and provide new camera software with ARC support and ARC emojis night shift mode etc. Most awaiting Pie declared Nokia by 19 December and 1 week before that received Pie Beta. I enrolled in the Beta program and started using it for a week and I found that Camera low light issue not resolved, and software is old as any 5000 rupees phone only difference I could find that ARC integrated with camera and interface options are buggy and distorted menu,   I reported this Nokia and after few days received an email from Nokia that they could not find any Bugs and Beta version will be the Final version hence requested to continue with Beta or revert to Oreo to receive Pie OTA. I rolled back on 21st of December and and from that day no news about Pie.  

Today I decided to sell the Nokia and and I felt it is never promising and major important Pie fetures are missing. I moved my data and contacts to my old iphone 7(still receives latest updated and great support and performance). Good Bye Nokia 8 Flagship **** Cheat Phone.