Where is the 8 Sirocco Pie update promised in November 2018 come on Nokia

Nokia as a company are very good at making phones but appalling at customer service, they belive making a statement but not sticking to the promises is acceptable or even worse just playing lets keep it secret.

Where is the 8 Sirocco Pie update promised in November 2018 come on Nokia

russell russell
✭✭  / 
Nokia as a company are very good at making phones but appalling at customer service, they belive making a statement but not sticking to the promises is acceptable or even worse just playing lets keep it secret. I am fed up being ignored, I have written to Nokia through many channels and never had an answer. I have been with Nokia since the Nokia Orange but enough is enough, when I need to replace this phone it is highly unlikely to be with Nokia, shame as they have a good product, but a good product is worthless with out the backup and support.
I no longer really care where the Pie update is or when / even if you are going to release it, life is just to short to waste it chasing lost causes.

Russell.

Comments

• russell said:
    Nokia as a company are very good at making phones but appalling at customer service, they belive making a statement but not sticking to the promises is acceptable or even worse just playing lets keep it secret. I am fed up being ignored, I have written to Nokia through many channels and never had an answer. I have been with Nokia since the Nokia Orange but enough is enough, when I need to replace this phone it is highly unlikely to be with Nokia, shame as they have a good product, but a good product is worthless with out the backup and support.
    I no longer really care where the Pie update is or when / even if you are going to release it, life is just to short to waste it chasing lost causes.

Russell.
    You may got hurt for not getting pie update but what reality is that to serve a pure android for every device.
    HMD has been commited for pure upgrades so it may take time to get updates but final product will make you a smooth experience across your device.Hope you may understand
  • Fritz Fritz
    ✭✭  / 
    But why do all the cheaper Nokia phones get android before their premium clients that bought the Sirocco?

We feel neglected!

I hope that the camera now support .RAW in pie version.

Many of us was sold to the idea that the Sirocco is an android one device. All I can see is false advertising doing the rounds.

I think all Sirocco owners should get an gift of some sort  from HMD Global for being NEGLECTED as we all bought your flagship models under false promises from the company.

Maybe a set of nokia bluetooth earbuds...
  • user1520881638007 user1520881638007
    ✭✭  /  edited January 9
    Android 9 Pie is officially released for nokia 8 sirocco skipping beta labs in some regions.plz check your device for software update
  • Fritz said:
    But why do all the cheaper Nokia phones get android before their premium clients that bought the Sirocco?

We feel neglected!

I hope that the camera now support .RAW in pie version.

Many of us was sold to the idea that the Sirocco is an android one device. All I can see is false advertising doing the rounds.

I think all Sirocco owners should get an gift of some sort  from HMD Global for being NEGLECTED as we all bought your flagship models under false promises from the company.

Maybe a set of nokia bluetooth earbuds...
    As this is one of high end flagship mobile HMD need to test this mobile at utmost care before official released.there are also a case where non android one devices are also needed hero features of android.so based on feedback and device supporting issue updates may delayed from expected.But at the end you will get pure and smooth android experience.Hope You may understand 

• russell russell
    ✭✭  / 
    Still not in the uk, so no point pinning it to every post.
  • singhnsk singhnsk
    ✭✭✭  / 
    russell said:
    Still not in the uk, so no point pinning it to every post.
    Thanks to @Audioboxer , you can manually install the update if you may wish to. He is from UK too :)