Android Pie red tint before screen lock

I noticed a strange issue during my usage of Android Pie beta.

Android Pie red tint before screen lock

Mihail Tinchev Mihail Tinchev
✭✭✭  /  edited December 2018
I noticed a strange issue during my usage of Android Pie beta. When turning off the screen and locking the device, the display was turning red for a fraction of a second. Have you experienced it as well? Now, I rolled back to Oreo in expectation of the official release of the Pie and I do not observe this problem. Can it be from a bug in the Pie firmware. If it is, the situation will be very discouraging. I do not know what the HMD developers are doing.

Comments

• Mihail Tinchev Mihail Tinchev
    ✭✭✭  / 
    I forgot to mention: a friend of mine with Nokia 7 Plus and Android Pie has the same issue.
  • Seryip Seryip
    ✭✭  / 
    Mine has the same issue on Oreo, so I dont think that's the Pie thing. To be honest, this doesn't bother me much, but it could.
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Because I do not have it on Oreo, it bothers me.
  • I noticed it just now after reading this thread. I'm afraid now I wont be able to unsee it.
  • Dheeraj Dheeraj
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Mine's running on pie(beta) and i dont see it.
  • alberto4 alberto4
    ✭✭  / 
    Mine is running on Pie beta and noticed it from the first second if it's appearance but it doesn't bother me
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Very interesting! Some have it on Oreo, some on Pie, some on both, some on neither. I do not know who or what to blame. The hardware or the firmware?
  • madbilly madbilly
    ✭✭✭✭✭  / 
    I don't have this problem.
  • i have this issue and thought of it as a hardware prob, but the chat support says it is an issue with the OS
  • Ahmadr Ahmadr
    ✭✭  / 
    I think  It' just on mode battery saver  :#
  • saurabhwadikar saurabhwadikar
    ✭✭  / 
    Yes I have same type of issue 🤔
  • any update on this? 
  • Dheeraj Dheeraj
    ✭✭✭  / 
    any update on this? 
    Dont hope for a fix
  • ignas ignas
    ✭✭✭  / 
    I've noticed it on Oreo occasionally, that's if it was actually the same thing you've noticed - a video would help. But I think it's just how the display shuts down, with red subpixels turning off last. Oddly not a constant thing, for me anyway, I only see it very rarely.