its suggestion that can we RE DESIGN NOKIA E90 COMMUNICATOR AS PER NOWDAYS TECHNOLOGOY

HELLO NOKIA PHONE DESIGNER I AM HUGE FAN NOKIA MOBILE I HAVE NEVER CHANGE MY BRAND I KNOW THE COMPANY HAS CHANGED AFTER ANDROID LAUNCH I WAS JUST SURFING ON INTERNET JUST BUMPED INTO Cosmo Communicator The ultimate mobile communicator - a pocket computer, mobile phone and camera - all in one!

its suggestion that can we RE DESIGN NOKIA E90 COMMUNICATOR AS PER NOWDAYS TECHNOLOGOY

HELLO NOKIA PHONE DESIGNER I AM HUGE FAN NOKIA MOBILE I HAVE NEVER CHANGE MY BRAND I KNOW THE COMPANY HAS CHANGED AFTER ANDROID LAUNCH I WAS JUST SURFING ON INTERNET JUST BUMPED INTO Cosmo Communicator
The ultimate mobile communicator - a pocket computer, mobile phone and camera - all in one! WHICH IS SIMILAR TO NOKIA I WOULD SUGGEST IF YOU CAN RE DESIGN NOKIA E90 COMMUNICATOR AS PER NOWDAYS TECHNOLOGOY LIKE COSMO COMMUNICATOR YOU CAN HAVE GOOD BUSINESS IN SMALL MARKET I GUESSS BELOW IS SPEFICATION

Technical Specifications

Below is the full Cosmo Communicator technical specification.

Cosmo Communicator (Initial Specification)
Network:

Wi-Fi

802.11a/b/g/n/ac

GSM

Yes

CDMA

Yes
  WCDMA Yes
  LTE World-wide modem (Cat.7 DL / Cat. 13 UL )
  VoLTE Compatible
  ViLTE Compatible
  VoWi-Fi Compatible  
  Dual SIM operation Dual 4G Modem
Body: Form Factor Wide clamshell
  Dimensions 17.14(W) x 7.93cm(D) x 1.6(H)cm
  Weight Approx 320g
  SIM Dual-SIM / 1 x eSIM
Main Display: Type Colour FHD+ (18:9)
  Size 5.99 inch
  Resolution 2160x1080, 403 ppi
  Multi Touch Yes
  Protection Scratch resistant glass
External Display: Type Colour AMOLED
  Size 2 inch
  Resolution 570 x 240, 300 ppi
  Multi Touch Yes
  Protection Scratch resistant glass
Platform: OS Android 9 OS (Pie), Linux OS compatible
  Chipset Mediatek P70 (8-Core)
  CPU 4x Cortex A73 @2.0GHz 
4x Cortex A53 @2.0GHz 
  GPU ARM Mali G72 MP3 @800MHz
  APU Dual-core mobile AI processors
Memory:

RAM

Card Slot

6 GB

microSD

Internal 128 GB
Camera: External Camera 24MP
  Internal Camera 5MP
Sound: Speakers Stereo Speakers
  Microphone Integrated ambient Microphone
  3.5mm Jack Yes
Comms: WLAN Wifi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac
  Bluetooth v4.2
  GPS Yes plus AGPS
  NFC Yes
  FM Radio Yes
  USB 2x USB Type C, OTG support, HDMI out (via adapter cable)
Features: Keyboard Mechanical full keyboard

Voice Assistance

Dedicated button for voice commands
  Sensors Accelerometer, compass, light sensor, gyro, magneto-sensor
  Fingerprint /
Call Answer Buttons
Call answer toggle button with fingerprint sensor
Battery:   Li-Ion 4220mAh battery
Misc: Colour Space Grey Metal, Gold-plated (limited edition)

ADVICE IF YOU CAN RE DESIGN

Comments

• madbilly madbilly
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    @R.K.BHADRA this has been suggested several times before. I can only assume that HMD don't think there is a big enough market for them to spend effort making it, which is a shame. If you want a phone like this then I suggest you buy the Cosmo Communicator or the Fxtec Pro1.

Cheers :)
  • Danie Danie
    ✭✭  / 

I also loved my E series (E72) not for the screen as it was too small and could have been much better quality, and it was not touch either.  Not for the OS as it was getting a bit outdated for the capabilities of the phone. Also not for the optical track point as it never felt or worked as well as those on a Blackberry even if I have to admit that while hating a Blackberry in general.

But what really stood out about my old E72 is the fantastic little keypad and the long battery life.  The keypad was really small, but the quality was great and the tactile feel was superb.  I enjoyed typing on it so much compared to anything else I have used.  Granted the smart typing features with touch screens these days was not there, but it also had all kinds of features like long press and short press and shift and function key features which came pretty close even if not configurable.

I do not really have much experience with the communicator series as I have only used one for a few days once off.  In general I got the same feeling of good tactile feedback from the keypad and in that case the keypad was also a more comfortable size.  I did not like the flat keys as it was not so easy to feel your way around the keypad without much need to look etc.

Another good experience with quality keypads which I had before using Nokia handsets were back in the days when I was still using Siemens handsets.  The reason for recalling that is that I remember back in the day, in an effort to escape from the typical issue of the writing of the keys rubbing off due to constant use, they introduced a handset with glass, jewel-like keys.  I cannot remember anymore, but it was something like the SL55 or something.  Now I am thinking to myself, what if Nokia were to introduce a communicator type phone, but this time with well defined glass keys that would be quite good for a quality sensation.  It should obviously have great tactile feedback when typing like those of old, but on top of this, having glass keys would enable it to work with the real Google keyboard app with full configurability if done well.

Now I would think that could be quite the differentiator in our current market, especially if it is a really tough and durable design with good battery life, maybe having just a low power e-ink status screen when closed that can stay on all the time with a clock and some app updates etc, maybe even e-book reading features etc. while it could still pack a serious battery and spec sheet including camera, memory, chipset, all the sensors of a top-end phone, pen and even some infrared and rf blasters to serve as a generic all device remote.

• madbilly madbilly
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    Hi @Danie,
    That's a really good suggestion. I definitely feel like there's a gap in the market for people who want a good quality smartphone without a touchscreen. Obviously it's still possible to buy Blackberry's, so people could buy those, but something more like the Asha with QWERTY keyboard would probably be more successful.
    Cheers :)
  • Danie Danie
    ✭✭  / 
    Yes, well personally I am quite happy with the touch screen experience, though when it really comes to typing I don't think it will ever compare to an actual keypad where you have tactile feedback and especially where your can distinguish the different keys by touch.  That sensation during typing just cannot be replaced by a flat, smooth piece of glass so I would love to see the two being combined.  Like a high end touch screen communicator with a proper quality qwerty keypad. The bonus would be if the functions of the keys can be customised like I mention above to give you functions that currently only touch screens can offer.  I can really see myself buying such a handset.
    I am very curious though to know whether anyone else would also be interested in something like that.
  • madbilly madbilly
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    Hi @Danie, I didn't properly take note of your suggestion for reconfigurable keys, that's a really cool idea! So you're suggesting something which will probably cost as much as a high-spec smartphone, not the kind of low--mid-budget device I was thinking of. I think there is a market for something like you suggest, but maybe not a big market. A company called Planet Computers has made some devices like you suggest, but without the reconfigurable keys:
    There is obviously a market for these kind of devices, but maybe not very big. However, if they had a Nokia badge on them then I think a lot more people would be interested!
    Cheers :smiley:
  • Danie Danie
    ✭✭  / 
    Exactly what I am thinking.  In fact if it does not have a Nokia badge on it I would probably not really look at it unless I am really convinced of the experience I will get.  On the other hand, if it had the Nokia badge and proper specs like the communicators of old I would probably not think twice before getting it.