Bug Report for Android 8.1 Update

Hi, I'd like to file a bug report for yesterday's Android 8.1 update push for Nokia 3.

Bug Report for Android 8.1 Update

Yuki Yuki
 /  edited December 2018
Hi,

I'd like to file a bug report for yesterday's Android 8.1 update push for Nokia 3.

Bug description: Developer > Stay Awake while charging is no longer working in Android 8.1 Nokia 3. It was working in Android 8.0.0 Nokia 3.
Model: Nokia 3 - TA-1032
Previous version: Android 8.0.0 with November 2018 security patch
Current version: Android 8.1.0 with December 2018 security patch as of 2018-12-20 push (Philippines local time)
Root status: No, never rooted.
OEM unlock status: No, never.

Steps taken:
a. Disabled Developer settings
b. Reboot
c. Re-enabled Developer settings
d. Reboot

But to no avail.

Could this be fixed in January 2019? I know you guys are going to go into hibernation mode, I mean, vacation, so please do take your downtime, enjoy life. But I hope it a fix can be pushed in January 2019.

Thank you very much.

Tagged:

Comments

• boblu boblu
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Yuki said:
    Hi,

I'd like to file a bug report for yesterday's Android 8.1 update push for Nokia 3.

Bug description: Developer > Stay Awake while charging is no longer working in Android 8.1 Nokia 3. It was working in Android 8.0.0 Nokia 3.
    Current version: Android 8.1.0 with December 2018 security patch as of 2018-12-20 push (Philippines local time)

Steps taken:
    b. Reboot
    d. Reboot

But to no avail.

Could this be fixed in January 2019? I know you guys are going to go into hibernation mode, I mean, vacation, so please do take your downtime, enjoy life. But I hope it a fix can be pushed in January 2019.

Thank you very much.

I am agree with you dear. 
    Try sleep  time to 30 minutes while changing. 

Thanks😊
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCaKUWhjEV8FqgX6J1f12YFQ
  • Yuki Yuki
     / 
    boblu said:
    Yuki said:
    Hi,

Steps taken:
    b. Reboot
    d. Reboot

But to no avail.

Thank you very much.

I am agree with you dear. 
    Try sleep  time to 30 minutes while changing. 

Thanks😊
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCaKUWhjEV8FqgX6J1f12YFQ
    Yeah, it's the temporary workaround I did. Of course it's a hassle, you have to remember to lower it when going out.

I think it's possible to fix it by rooting the phone, however, [1] I don't like to root this phone; and even if I do, [2] in this 8.1.0 upgrade, Nokia disabled "OEM Unlocking". Speaking of "OEM Unlocking", I'd like to add, they need to re-enable this feature.

I found out yesterday that OTA updates/upgrades can fail. Rare, sure, but it did happen already before for another popular brand. An OTA was corrupted, applied, and the result was soft brick. Since in this brand's model, OEM Unlocking was enabled by default, it was easy to fix it -- both by the company and the users -- reflash.

However, if their OEM Unlocking was disabled, there is no way to fix that soft brick other than to get it back to the manufacturer's assembly and have it reset by completely reformatting it or they give us a new unit -- is this something Nokia is willing to do, give us a new unit?

I don't have time to wait for a replacement phone from Nokia in such a very unfortunate scenario. Thus, from hereon, I'll be enabling the OEM Unlocking setting before doing an update/upgrade just to be safe. The bad, yes "bad", thing is Nokia disabled OEM Unlocking!

Two things for fixing in January 2019:
    1. Fix the "Stay Awake" feature
    2. Re-enable "OEM Unlocking" feature

Please please. :)

• Many reports showing, update to PIE will not connect Bluetooth with your car audio, headsets and more.  Nor WIFI has the same connection problems.  This problem still not fixed and driving people crazy.
    THIS IS THE REASON, I TRADE OFF NOKIA as 10 years ago, I WILL NOT COME BACK WITH THIS BRAND, and of course all my friends knows how the brand WORKS.
    NOKIA will not ever fix the problems, as long as you buy the phone and provide non function update.
  • Opsrot Opsrot
    ✭✭  / 
    I always do factory reset before update never had any problems. 
  • Nothing you can do about these bugs in Nokia.  Since these bug issues happens in many of the Nokia phones, and Nokia did not provide any update that helps this problem.  

• hi i have problem with my nokia 5. plz help i need to solve this problem my phone is just stopped on youtube video it doesnt response anymore i pressed all buttons but it dont response i connected it to my windows 10 laptop but i dont see notifaction about connected phone. i really need to solve this problem
  • fixing bugs in nokia 3 will be a great headache for developers because it doesn't have great processors. please do not update your phones untill you are sure that there is no such big bugs that can effect your phone experience.