Navigation bar issue

There is strange bug with navigation bar. Sometimes it just stop working and I have no idea why this happens. Reboot solves this problem. 

Navigation bar issue

Stoyan Minaev Stoyan Minaev
✭✭  /  edited December 2018
There is strange bug with navigation bar. Sometimes it just stop working and I have no idea why this happens. Reboot solves this problem. 

Comments

• posix posix
    ✭✭  / 
    It's not the navigation bar issue, its issue of bottom 1.5cm part of the touchscreen, which is unresponsive. You can fix this without restart, go to Settings -> System -> About phone. It will load the info about the touchscreen, and it will fix it, but just for a while. Next day it will be the same.
  • wyk wyk
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    Do u get any stopped working notification as it happens generally when app hangs. Is the notification panel accessible when happens this. 
  • posix said:
    It's not the navigation bar issue, its issue of bottom 1.5cm part of the touchscreen, which is unresponsive. You can fix this without restart, go to Settings -> System -> About phone. It will load the info about the touchscreen, and it will fix it, but just for a while. Next day it will be the same.
    Oh... Anyway, than you for response.
  • posix posix
    ✭✭  / 
    wyk said:
    Do u get any stopped working notification as it happens generally when app hangs. Is the notification panel accessible when happens this. 
    Yes, notification panel works ok, that's usually only way to get into settings anyway. It is definitely touchscreen bug, not the navigation bar, since when you turn on "Pointer location" in developer settings you can easily see the area which doesn't work. I'll post screenshot with this next time my touchscreen get stuck.
  • love4chat love4chat
    ✭✭  / 
    simply keep double tap to wake option ON for this problem to solved for now
  • -8- -8-
     /  edited August 16
    A family member has the exact same issue ever since he got the Nokia 7 Plus. Whenever the phone has been on standby for extended periods of time (around 6 hours or so) the navigation bar becomes unresponsive and only a reboot fixes the problem until the next extended standby.

A soft reset did not help even though it changed the navigation keys to the swipe navigation this part of the screen still becomes unresponsive after extended standby.
  • Same here. I just experienced the issue for the 25th effin' time. Really annoying. I had to do the stupid workaround which is go to Settings, About Phone. Then the navbar will become responsive again