Cant receive sms after pie update India.

I am not receiving sms after pie update. My sim card is working fine in another mobile. Please help.

Cant receive sms after pie update India.

pardeep pardeep
✭✭  / 
I am not receiving sms after pie update. My sim card is working fine in another mobile.
Please help.

Answers

• marsic marsic
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    @pardeep You mean you received the official pie upgrade for your Nokia 8? Your not talking about the beta, right?
  • pardeep pardeep
    ✭✭  / 
    Its beta only. I have not received official pie upgrade.
  • wilson shrestha wilson shrestha
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    Well if it's a beta then its bound to have these kind of bugs, better wait for beta and see if the issue still persists. If it still persists then you could try and contact them through support app reporting about the bug so that they can fix it in next major update.
  • naufrago naufrago
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    Is it all sms or just OTP messages?
    I was able to send and receive regular sms while OTP messages were blocked.
  • pardeep pardeep
    ✭✭  /  edited December 2018
    Just found out that sms from telemarketers having alphanumeric sender name like AXHOMCEN are not coming. Rest messages are coming as usual.
  • pardeep pardeep
    ✭✭  / 
    naufrago said:
    Did you find any solution?
  • naufrago naufrago
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    pardeep said:
    naufrago said:
    Did you find any solution?
    No solution. I had this issue on beta release and reported via feedback app. Many other users complaining failure to receive otp messages. I reverted to Oreo 8.1 and works fine now. Most probably they will fix it in next update, 9.1 or so.
  • nathanho nathanho
    ✭✭  / 
    Same issue for Vietnam OTP message, and the bank apps don't work too.
  • marsic marsic
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    I have just received the payment confirmation from my cellular network provider, they send an SMS where the sender is the name of the company instead of a phone number (I don't have them in my phone book). Is that the "OTP" the you're talking about?
  • naufrago naufrago
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    marsic said:
    I have just received the payment confirmation from my cellular network provider, they send an SMS where the sender is the name of the company instead of a phone number (I don't have them in my phone book). Is that the "OTP" the you're talking about?
    That's the one. Search for otp on Nokia forums, you'll see other posts.
  • Vertigo155 Vertigo155
    ✭✭  / 
    nathanho said:
    Same issue for Vietnam OTP message, and the bank apps don't work ttoo.Hello myfriend. I solved the problem. I removed the blocked numbers. Now there's a message from banks.
  • Vertigo155 Vertigo155
    ✭✭  /  edited January 6
    Pardeep dedi ki:
    Pasta güncellemesinden sonra sms alamıyorum. SIM kartım başka bir cep telefonunda iyi çalışıyor.
    Lütfen yardım et.
    Hello my friend.. I removed the blocked numbers. Now there's a message from banks.
  • B_A B_A
    ✭✭  / 
    is this OTP issue solved?? im also facing with 6.1 plus after Andoird PIe upgrade
  • Sri-639 Sri-639
    ✭✭  / 
    try this
    Guys found a solution, cleanup all the blocked contacts in sms app and 
    1. clean up cache and data of sms app , do the same for phone and storage 
    which you can find under all apps
    then do a soft reset by volume up+power key
    there you go sms started coming again 
  • amit_b amit_b
     /  edited February 11
    As of 11-feb-19 (nokia 5) , only (1) deleting list of blocked contacts and (2) clearing the cache of messaging app under settings> storage > other apps proved sufficient to solve the issue of not receiving OTP SMS es.