December security patch

Received December security patch today but no pie update, so it seems that we will get pie in Q1 2019. 

December security patch

notiz notiz
✭✭✭  / 
Received December security patch today but no pie update, so it seems that we will get pie in Q1 2019. 
Tagged:

Comments

• Confirmed, no pie update.
    Really disappointing: this model was sold as "Android Pie ready". It's not fair having left it behind, running Oreo 8.0! Even 2017 Nokia 3 is updated to Oreo 8.1, and that's not Android One at all.
    HMD should clarify their approach to Android One: some of us have bought these phone exactly for this reason, "swift and immediate updates".
  • notiz notiz
    ✭✭✭  / 
    I totally agree with you, the problem with HMD is the large number of released phones, they need to slow down in that area. 
  • Krikereg Krikereg
     /  edited December 2018
    notiz said:
    I totally agree with you, the problem with HMD is the large number of released phones, they need to slow down in that area. 

Most of all, IMHO, HMD must respect their customers. Android One isn't just a colourful boot logo, a fanciful box sticker or some fine print on the back of the phone. Android One is a commitment. We own an Android phone released in Q2 2018 within both the Android One and Project Treble programmes, and it's running... Oreo 8.0. Not even Oreo 8.1. It should be running Pie since August.
    This kills people's trust more than anything. Would anyone really purchase a Nokia 5.1 right now? I don't think so. You kill people's trust, you kill your own product. Old lesson, but it looks like it's not learned.

• Where did you confirm it?
  • Krikereg said:
    notiz said:

Most of all, IMHO, HMD must respect their customers. Android One isn't just a colourful boot logo, a fanciful box sticker or some fine print on the back of the phone. Android One is a commitment. We own an Android phone released in Q2 2018 within both the Android One and Project Treble programmes, and it's running... Oreo 8.0. Not even Oreo 8.1. It should be running Pie since August.
    This kills people's trust more than anything. Would anyone really purchase a Nokia 5.1 right now? I don't think so. You kill people's trust, you kill your own product. Old lesson, but it looks like it's not learned.

Very true.