Pre order and free google home mini

So its been widely reported that those who buy a nokia 7+ in May Will get a free google home mini

Pre order and free google home mini

user1522918560540 user1522918560540
 /  edited May 2018
So its been widely reported that those who buy a nokia 7+ in May Will get a free google home mini

There is no mention of this on Nokia website,Is this even true then,because surely they would state the offer to attract custom.

Ive read also reports that you will get a code to redeem the offer once you receive uour 7+

What is the situation wiith this offer.If you preorder before May are you included,

So many questions ??

Comments

• I did a bit of digging and found some info.Yes you can claim the home mini by using your phones emei number after the 2nd of May:

Full terms and conditions here:

https://www.nokia.com/en_gb/phones/googlehomemini
  • I read that page too. But it talks about Nokia 7 Plus phones bought from selected retailers and promotion valid for UK residents only. I live in UK but I am buying the phone from Amazon EU Sarl: are the phones coming from them eligible for the promotion or should I buy it from the Nokia Store and/or some other physical UK store?

• I would buy from Nokia UK or a UK retailer seen as the promotion is based on the imei number of the phone which they will be able to link as being bought in the UK.The promotion is only open to the UK and Ireland so an eu phone won't be redeemable
  • Yeah...sometimes Amazon makes strange things with orders. I cancelled my previous order (Amazon will refund) and in the meantime I ordered one from the Nokia Store...thanks!

• Trveller72 Trveller72
    ✭✭  / 

Hi,

Did anyone got his IMEI as valid on the site?

I think Amazon should be a valid retailer and there is an issue with Nokia site that would not recognize the IMEI.

• dodimo dodimo
    ✭✭  / 
    I have bought my phone from Uk retailer and my IMEI its not valid.
  • Trveller72 Trveller72
    ✭✭  / 

Is this working for anyone?

• If you brought from a UK retailer and your emei not working I would be questioning whether you got a UK model. I noticed some retailers were merely importing phones from Europe and selling them on. A clear sign would be no UK plug  

• Trveller72 Trveller72
    ✭✭  / 
    I think there is an issue with the website, as it does not say it has to be from uk retailers, it says approved. Address should be UK or Ireland.
    Also one tech support confirmed I should be eligible.
  •  Bought a 7 plus from UK Amazon & just had my IMEI accepted. So it works for some at least...

• Trveller72 Trveller72
    ✭✭  / 
    Thank you for the update.
    I bought mine from Amazon Germany.
    Ah well ...
  • Trveller72 Trveller72
    ✭✭  / 
    Is your model 1046 or 1055?
  •  TA-1055

• dikkedikkie dikkedikkie
    ✭✭  / 

Why only for UK users and not the netherlands.

• Trveller72 Trveller72
    ✭✭  / 
    Talked with their support, they said it is only if you bought it from uk or ireland.
    I am seriously thinking to return it
  • dikkedikkie dikkedikkie
    ✭✭  / 

Well, im not going to return it because of this speaker. I was just wondering why not other countries as well

• Trveller72 Trveller72
    ✭✭  / 
    You are right, that won't be enough, but:
    No update yet to 8.1
    On Amazon Germany i bought it with €400 and less than 2 weeks later it is€352.
    So speaker + price, I lost €100 .
    Only thing is that I like the phone 
  • Anyone receive their Google home mini yet?

• I redeemed mine. But no news on the dispatch date yet...
  • shandroid shandroid
    ✭✭  / 
    I redeemed mine on day I got it (UK seller) and it said it's on its way but no way of tracking or knowing if it will come or when
  • I redeemed mine too (UK), it said dispatched but still waiting for it.
  • shandroid shandroid
    ✭✭  / 
    I asked support chat and they said they don't have that information.
    I emailed and they replied that a 3rd party vendor deals with it so they don't know.
  • Hi,  I bought my Nokia 6.1 from Carphone Warehouse, I went to the Nokia site and entered my IMEI which was accepted.  That was on 5th May and I have heard nothing since.  It will probably just turn up one day (or not!).

• quigger quigger
    ✭✭  / 

The Google Home Mini will be despatched (sic) to customer within 28 days of redemption.

https://www.nokia.com/en_gb/phones/googlehomemini-promotion-rules

• user1525897489417 user1525897489417
     /  edited May 2018
    Hi, I have just received my Google Home Mini. I registered for it first week in May.
  • shandroid shandroid
    ✭✭  /  edited May 2018
    Just got mine too
  • Did you receive any email prior to the shipping? Or was it just delivered today without any further notice?

• shandroid shandroid
    ✭✭  / 
    Mine just turned up without warning.
    Chalk white version
  • quigger quigger
    ✭✭  / 

I ordered my Google Home on release day (Amazon UK phone stock).

It has just turned up without warning as well. It was DHL and not Royal Mail post. Not signed for service though.

Chalk white version.

• Mmm...I redeemed mine on the 8th of May and was accepted so mine should turn out as well during this week. At this point I think I just have to wait a couple more days. Thanks to everyone! :)

Prev1