Without any Audio files in my internal storage it still occupies more than 1.2 GB

Even though there are no audio files in my internal storage it still occupies more than 1.2 GB of space and due to this the phone has started to lag.

Without any Audio files in my internal storage it still occupies more than 1.2 GB

Even though there are no audio files in my internal storage it still occupies more than 1.2 GB of space and due to this the phone has started to lag. I tried everything but it still occupies so much space. Help would be best. :| :|  

Answers

• cooljevil cooljevil
    ✭✭  / 
    I also have this problem on my phone! When I explored my internal storage using the native Files app, I saw it was the ".thumbnail" that takes space. If you have social media apps full of photos, the specific file may increase. 

I actually don't know what will happen if I delete that file, but I will just not for the sake of all my pictures!

To make things believable, check your storage through the settings and click the Files there and see for yourself.

Here are some screenshots from my phone:

The very below is the first and the last is in the topmost (only for pictures).

That's all I know to help you!
  • L Ali L Ali
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Haha the same problem with my device also, even almost 8 GB space takes by Android Oreo 8.1 and some space takes by social application, and some space takes by photos and videos, so after all this i have almost 6 GB space free which is not enough for me.