Nokia 3 8.1 Slow perfomance

Does anyone else have problems about the recent Update of oreo8.1 ?

Nokia 3 8.1 Slow perfomance

Francis Doquier Francis Doquier
✭✭  /  edited December 2018

Best Answers

Answers

• wilson shrestha wilson shrestha
    ✭✭✭✭✭  / 
    Yes the initial impression after the update was same for me where the phone felt sluggish.

Well then I factory resetted the phone and after that the phone didn't felt slugguish even after I installed all the apps that I used to use before like Facebook and all. In fact the phone felt much stable and quicker than before.
  • Yes the initial impression after the update was same for me where the phone felt sluggish.

Well then I factory resetted the phone and after that the phone didn't felt slugguish even after I installed all the apps that I used to use before like Facebook and all. In fact the phone felt much stable and quicker than before.
    I have done factory reset and it's still sluggish. Adaptive brightness is also buggy - sometimes works sometimes doesn't. 
  • I also have the same problems after updating
  • wilson shrestha wilson shrestha
    ✭✭✭✭✭  / 
    Yes the initial impression after the update was same for me where the phone felt sluggish.

I have done factory reset and it's still sluggish. Adaptive brightness is also buggy - sometimes works sometimes doesn't. 
    I am experiencing the same thing with Adaptive brightness but the phone works the same for me maybe because I don't use that many apps.
  • Same here,only I now have to punch into lock screens 2 times to actually use the phone on every restart
  • Is factory resetting really helpful in this case?
  • Is factory resetting really helpful in this case?
    I've tried 3 times, and for me it doesn't actually fix the problem.

• KaMy Khan KaMy Khan
    ✭✭  / 
    I have tried factory reset. It didn't work. Phone is still laggy, will they fix it?
  • user1515420347122 user1515420347122
    Is factory resetting really helpful in this case?

Do not do factory reset, it does not fix anything. As I said before in other threads, I think the UI lags come from the addition of Night Light (just my assumption).

In the meantime, we can only wait until further fix. To others who have not yet updated, I recommend staying in 8.0 until a fix is issued.
  • TGWN TGWN
    I upgraded to v8.1 today.. I wish I didn't.

The UI and the phone overall performance is very sluggish, almost 50% performance loss, and stutters are everywhere.

Several apps became unusable to varying degrees, notably the Facebook app.

We need a way to rollback to v8.0 if these issues aren't going to be fixed quick, I'm unable to use my phone anymore, after the dreaded update.

-Mike
  • TGWN TGWN
    Seriously, the phone had become way too slow and it also started lagging. Also I'm unable to clear Facebook using the square navigation key. Anyone else having this problem? 
    Yes.. I'm having the same exact issue after upgrading to v8.1.0

Just the Facebook app, I didn't experience this issue with other apps though, so far...

The whole phone experience is ruined with this new update, very frustrating...
  • KaMy Khan KaMy Khan
    ✭✭  / 
    Any news on how they gonna fix it?
  • jab jab
    ✭✭  / 
    KaMy Khan said:
    Any news on how they gonna fix it?
    Probably not until Pie  :'(
  • Appu Mali Appu Mali
    ✭✭✭  / 
    In next patch update bugs will be fixed by hmd
  • alv4 alv4
    ✭✭  / 
    This.
    Apps may run fast, but the system UI is sloooow.
    On recent apps, on the notification center, Hope they fix it soon.
  • futon88 futon88
    ✭✭  / 
    Same issue, here.  Phone was perfect until the 8.1 update, now animations are choppy and the experience is poor.  Even the lock screen is brutal.  No change after a factory reset, and no additional apps installed.
  • futon88 futon88
    ✭✭  / 
    Same issue, here.  Phone was perfect until the 8.1 update, now animations are choppy and the experience is poor.  Even the lock screen is brutal.  No change after a factory reset, and no additional apps installed.
  • futon88 futon88
    ✭✭  / 
  • Appu Mali Appu Mali
    ✭✭✭  / 

• JohnyS JohnyS
     / 

Have anyone noticed that auto brightness is not working? Mine doesn't. 
    Not only it is not working, but it is using a lot of power in the background. I noticed after the update to Oreo 8.1 my battery does not last as long as it used to, and when I checked, it said 30 % of power was used up by "Backlight power saving policy". So I disabled the adaptive brightness and will see if that helps. Why does Nokia pushes through updates that make phone performance worse? If I can advise you, do not update to 8.1 because it does not bring anything good and breaks things that worked previously.

• Appu Mali Appu Mali
    ✭✭✭  / 
    JohnyS said:

Have anyone noticed that auto brightness is not working? Mine doesn't. 
    Not only it is not working, but it is using a lot of power in the background. I noticed after the update to Oreo 8.1 my battery does not last as long as it used to, and when I checked, it said 30 % of power was used up by "Backlight power saving policy". So I disabled the adaptive brightness and will see if that helps. Why does Nokia pushes through updates that make phone performance worse? If I can advise you, do not update to 8.1 because it does not bring anything good and breaks things that worked previously.

Thank you for giving information here, the update yet not received in India, if it's received I will not update my phone
  • TGWN TGWN
    ✭✭  / 
    If they'll just give us a way to roll back the update and go back to Oreo 8.0. until they fix this (if ever)...
  • Protokulture Protokulture
    ✭✭  / 
    Same here, in addition, my LTE signal is completely lost when turn on Wi-fi and roll back to Mobile data, it doesn't work at all, but restarting the phone.
  • mohsenaf mohsenaf
    ✭✭  / 
    UI and overall performance is slow, it seem overall cpu usage is high, battery drain quicker than Android 8 also.
    I have No brightness issue at all.
    UI look is perfect, background activity manager work great expect interaction with WhatsApp, battery manager can't force stop WhatsApp
  • mcnorington mcnorington
    ✭✭  /  edited February 9
    Since 8.1, performance has become worse and the phone does not want to put an SD card as an external drive
  • Oreo 8.0 was good but oreo 8.1 is not working properly.the worst experience ever