Show notch

Nokia is hiding in some countries the notch of the Nokia 5.1 Plus. Is there a possibility to show the notch again?

Show notch

Jannis Jannis
✭✭  /  edited December 2018
Nokia is hiding in some countries the notch of the Nokia 5.1 Plus. Is there a possibility to show the notch again?

Comments

• Jannis Jannis
    ✭✭  / 
    Okay, here is a picture how our Nokia 5.1 Plus looks. At least Nokia should leave us free to decide if we want the notch or not.

• sathvik tekale sathvik tekale
    ✭✭✭  / 
    We've the feature of hiding the notch in the developer settings
  • sathvik tekale sathvik tekale
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Here's the screenshot of the feature.

• Jannis Jannis
    ✭✭  / 
    Exactly this option is missing in the developer-options :(
  • nirman nirman
    ✭✭✭  /  edited December 2018

@[email protected]"sathvik tekale" this feature is still under development.
  • Jannis Jannis
    ✭✭  / 
    Hello Nirman. I have read that with Android Pie there will be a possibilty (like for the Nokia 6.1 Plus) to show or hide the notch. Is there until then no possibilty to show the notch?
  • nirman nirman
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Jannis said:
    Hello Nirman. I have read that with Android Pie there will be a possibilty (like for the Nokia 6.1 Plus) to show or hide the notch. Is there until then no possibilty to show the notch?
    Depends on hmd global
    Nokia 6.1 plus initially came with notch hiding feature then it was removed with an update and hmd global promised nokia 6.1 plus user that it will return with pie update so.
  • Ethan Shaw Ethan Shaw
     / 
    It still doesn't show up with the new update either.
  • zongaarpi zongaarpi
    ✭✭  / 
    In Europe this option was missed. I turn on and off with more shortcut app, but after pie update every time when  i tried the app crashed.
  • Jannis Jannis
    ✭✭  / 
    Some people say that Nokia is doing this in Europe because of some missing patents. But if this is true, why does Nokia for instance doesn't hide the notch of the Nokia 7.1 or Nokia 8.1 here in Europe?
  • zongaarpi zongaarpi
    ✭✭  / 

• Please sign the petition against Nokia's aggressive killing of background apps and share as much as you can

https://www.change.org/p/nokia-nokia-don-t-kill-my-apps?recruiter=58541197&utm_source=share_petition&utm_medium=copylink&utm_campaign=share_petition
  • zongaarpi zongaarpi
    ✭✭  / 
    nirman said:

@[email protected]"sathvik tekale" this feature is still under development.

• Jannis said:
    I have same problem and I got 2 divice of Nokia 5.1 plus ,and the full bezel is missing from the developer mode I what that notch

• zongaarpi zongaarpi
    ✭✭  / 
    muntean said:
    Jannis said:
    I have same problem and I got 2 divice of Nokia 5.1 plus ,and the full bezel is missing from the developer mode I what that notch

Try this with Shortcut creator app, but for me the setting crash every time: https://www.techmesto.com/hide-unhide-notch-nokia-android-phones/.
    I contact to Nokia customer service, and they said try factory reset and some bullshit,then they said some region by the market requirements this option was disabled but they work on it, just like the other bugs in pie. I don't know why they let the customers to decide want the notch or not in every region. 
  • Karaj Karaj
    ✭✭  / 
    Find the Full Bezel option in display settings.
  • zongaarpi zongaarpi
    ✭✭  / 

• zongaarpi zongaarpi
    ✭✭  / 
    Man no in display and no in develover options.
  • Karaj Karaj
    ✭✭  / 

• zongaarpi zongaarpi
    ✭✭  /  edited March 26
    For you but not for everyone sadly, and that was the problem. Some region this option was unavailable. But why?