In Nokia 8.1

No notch turn off option

In Nokia 8.1

Comments

• You can turn it off in developer options
  • no developer options in my 8.1
  • karvenki said:
    no developer options in my 8.1
    You have to unlock developer mode , multi tap the "build number" at the bottom of "about phone" section , until you see a message saying developer mode unlocked or something similar
  • It should then appear in the system section 
  • nitheesh nitheesh
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    @Rohanr Enable developer mode (for enable, please look at @steve 's comment) and follow these steps:
    Settings > System > Advanced > Developer options > and enable Full bezel
  • @nitheesh
    A lot better than my description 
  • nitheesh nitheesh
    ✭✭✭✭  /  edited December 2018
    @steve Common.... you explained very well and mentioned the most important part. Cheers!!!
  • There is no such option in developer options beneath "quick options developer tiles"... I'm having a TA-1119
  • NIMISHA NIMISHA
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    There is no such option in developer options beneath "quick options developer tiles"... I'm having a TA-1119
    You really don't have it that option, you are using 8.1? How does it possible? There are more option below revoke USB or that's it?
  • NIMISHA NIMISHA
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    mine looks like this..and have so many more option which is not on screenshot as it has many down  there.....reset your device once and then check. :)
  • Yup it's very weird. And no bezel options below except the ones to simulate bezels or cutouts in pie. Somehow disappointing ☹️
  • NIMISHA NIMISHA
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    Yup it's very weird. And no bezel options below except the ones to simulate bezels or cutouts in pie. Somehow disappointing ☹️
    Try to reset and if the problem will not be solved then contact them straight. 
  • hi, same problem here. i did a factoryreset but no full bezel option  :'( 
  • NIMISHA NIMISHA
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    Contact Nokia @user1520755990834 or ask them every one has that option why don't you have and also check have you updated for security patch of Dec 1?
  • NIMISHA NIMISHA
    ✭✭✭✭  / 

• patch level is from 1. december 2018
  • NIMISHA NIMISHA
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    patch level is from 1. december 2018
    Then definitely contact Nokia for this. It's a issue that you don't have option. 
  • the chatsupport from nokia told me to send it back:

• NIMISHA NIMISHA
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    Contact them at toll free no. 
  • NIMISHA NIMISHA
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    Also email them at [email protected] will get back to you
  • I have the the opposite issue! The notch is hidden by default and I can't unhide/show the notch because the "full bezel" option is missing from developer settings! Please fix this Nokia.
  • Daniel W. Daniel W.
     /  edited January 17
    I received the phone a few days ago, with the notch hidden by default, and I couldn't find the full bezel option either. I contacted Nokia Mobile Care twice and got two different responses. The first one I talked to told me that there were no way to do that in the settings, but the second one told me that I should return the phone to the store because this setting should be in all new devices. I returned the phone and will get a replacement next week, so I'm very excited to see if this problem also comes with the new device. Maybe this is a region-locked thing? I do wonder why the phone is marketed with the notch hidden here in Norway, while the international Nokia site clearly shows that there is a notch.
  • Full Bazel Should Same As Bottom Chin Like Pixel 3 xl
  • singhnsk singhnsk
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    Seems like they have made changes based on markets. For example Europeans are very less likely to accept a notch as compared to Asians who "want" a notch.
  • Daniel W. Daniel W.
     /  edited January 18
    singhnsk said:
    Seems like they have made changes based on markets. For example Europeans are very less likely to accept a notch as compared to Asians who "want" a notch.
    Yeah, it could be. It seems like an odd choice though. Even if some markets are more or less inclined towards the notch, why deny the individual customer the choice between both options?
  • singhnsk singhnsk
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    Yeah, it could be. It seems like an odd choice though. Even if some markets are more or less inclined towards the notch, why deny the individual customer the choice between both options?
    Agreed. Several phones received the "Status bar style" setting with the recent security updates. The 7.1 got it in January. So, maybe they will add it to the 8.1 with the January update. Let's hope for the best :smile:
  • NIMISHA NIMISHA
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    I don't understand why Nokia phones lack of some features, it costs 27k and still having problems with camera, few don't have notch hidden feature, and few lack volre feature. 

@HMD_Laura please look forward to these issues we have spent 27k with all trust 🙏
  • SASHA UROV SASHA UROV
    ✭✭✭  / 
    I have everything working, but I like it with notch, the screen looks bigger
  • SASHA UROV SASHA UROV
    ✭✭✭  / 
    For my nokia 8.1 working good