Android 8.1 in Australia - didn't arrive

Hi All, I'm located in Australia and my phone is currently running Android 8.0.0.

Android 8.1 in Australia - didn't arrive

Denis.S Denis.S
 /  edited May 7

Hi All,

I'm located in Australia and my phone is currently running Android 8.0.0. I believe that the OTA for an upgrade to 8.1 has been released more then 2 months ago. When I'm trying to perform Update check - I'm getting the message that the system is up to date.

I have been in contact with Nokia support via chat and was suggested 2 ways:

1) using a trick win uninstalling Google Services and VPN

2) taking out SIM and restarting

None of them worked for me.

Did anyone have been in the same situation and been able to resolve it?

Thank you!

Denis

Comments

• Unknown
     /  edited April 26

Australian as well with the same phone. I am also not getting the latest updates and Support can't help. I have also tried all the tricks in the book without success.

The whole selling point of a Nokia phone for me was stock Android and timely updates :/

• Denis.S Denis.S
     / 
    I must say, that Customer Support was pretty quick returning a reply (within hours), good job on that.

If anyone keen to try, please give it a go and let us know. I will be able to try it no earlier than tonight

"Hi Denis.S,

Thank you for contacting Nokia Mobile Care regarding your inquiry about the Android 8.1 OTA Update.

We are sorry to hear this. To be able to assist you better, could you please tell us the Current Android Version and the Security Patch Date of your device: You can see it by going to Settings >> About Phone.

To try and get your phone to update to the latest Android Security Patch and Version, could you please do the following:
    First, please go to Settings >> Applications >> Three dots on the top-right >> Show System >> > Cache >> Carrier Services >> Storage and tap to clear it.
    Remove any SIM Cards on your device and shut down your device (Long press the Power Button >> Power Off).
    Wait for about 15 minutes, then turn on your device without the SIM Card.
    10 minutes after it loads, please connect to a stable Wi-Fi Connection and check for your System Updates by going to Settings >> About Phone >> System Updates.
    Should this not work, please go back to step 2, but on step 3, please insert a SIM Card from a different Network Operator and proceed to step 4.

We apologize for this inconvenience. Please know that we will be waiting for your reply with the status of your device after doing this. Should you have any other questions, issues, inquiries or suggestions, please feel free to add them to the reply to this E-Mail. We will be happy to help you!

Best Regards,
    Nokia Mobile Care Team"
  •  I just checked for updates this morning and it is now showing the 8.1 update on my TA-1012 in Australia.

I am downloading it now.

• Denis.S Denis.S
     /  edited April 27
    Yep, seems like it is rolling out since yesterday's evening. Good news!

This discussion has been closed.