Feedback on Newly launched Nokia 8.1

Finally got an opportunity to try recent new launch Nokia 8.1.

Feedback on Newly launched Nokia 8.1

sajwaz sajwaz
✭✭  /  edited December 2018
Finally got an opportunity to try recent new launch Nokia 8.1. Thanks to Nokia ( HMD Global) for giving me an opportunity to do so by gifting a device :smiley: I should say Nokia has won it fan back. The device is gorgeous and as always it has solid build. The design is beautiful and I have been getting only praises for the design. The biggest advantage for the Nokia currently is android one. But I would like to see more Nokia branded apps on the devices. We need more gestures to be enabled.

It would be great if Nokia can bring few customization to some of apps to give it feel of Nokia. 

Some how I see dual 4G  is not supported on the phone currently. We need that feature.

Dark theme is not setting correctly. Even if we manually set as Dark theme it won't apply across the system only it effects launcher it seems but not to settings menu neither the phone etc apps.

We need gestures such double tap on finger print scanner to lock, tap of finger scanner or power button to capture the photo.

Face unlock feature is missing currently we need the face unlock feature.

Audio quality feels bit distorted. It will be great if we have Digital Dolby or any other audio standard implemented in the device. Presently it has OZO audio support but that's only for video recorded using Nokia camera on the device. There is no way to play only OZO audio on  device. Also equalizer is missing . 

There is no settings to hide the notch presently. But I have found a way to do that so.

Camera is pretty good. Some times we get overexposed photos. Also images seems to be grainy during photo captured in lowlight. We need more settings within Pro Mode. Improvement is required within Bokeh mode. Sometime edges of the object get blurred while capturing the image. Need more AI stickers in built in camera app.

It is feedback from a Nokia fan as we just Nokia to do better and grow going forward. All the best to Nokia phones.

hope they are listening to feedback @edo @Priyanshu @juho

Comments

• nitheesh nitheesh
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    @sajwaz good points...
    Just now I received my phone, will provide feedbacks by coming days.
  • madbilly madbilly
    ✭✭✭✭✭  / 
    @sajwaz great feedback! I don't have the 8.1 yet but all of your feedback makes sense to me, especially more customisation of the software to make it feel like a Nokia, not a Nexus.
  • todesurteil todesurteil
    ✭✭✭  /  edited December 2018
    Just wondering why some received their 8.1's already and some of us have to wait till mid/end of January? Another lie of waiting for the factory to deliver in January 2019? Come on it doesn't make sense then as to why some received their devices if you are waiting for the factory. Rather tell us the truth then. Sorry @sajwaz for writing this on your review, but I'm tired of being lied to constantly and receiving the short end of the stick with Nokia these few months. And now this too. 

At the end of January my Business contract (2nd Contract) expires and I have to upgrade. Reading this I must say at this stage I doubt I will upgrade my second device with a Nokia, don't want to get another so-called flagship next year and get treated like this again and stand in the back of the line/queue when it comes to firmware et alia... And why should I?

• sajwaz sajwaz
    ✭✭  / 
    Just wondering why some received their 8.1's already and some of us have to wait till mid/end of January? Another lie of waiting for the factory to deliver in January 2019? Come on it doesn't make sense then as to why some received their devices if you are waiting for the factory. Rather tell us the truth then. Sorry @sajwaz for writing this on your review, but I'm tired of being lied to constantly and receiving the short end of the stick with Nokia these few months. And now this too. 

At the end of January my Business contract (2nd Contract) expires and I have to upgrade. Reading this I must say at this stage I doubt I will upgrade my second device with a Nokia, don't want to get another so-called flagship next year and get treated like this again and stand in the back of the line/queue when it comes to firmware et alia... And why should I?

It depends on your location. Presently phone is available in India and Middle East markets only rest all regions will get post New year
  • Excellent device with an excellent camera,very good audio quality,thou if possible some enhancement at welcomed ,using the phone for last 1 week 
  • sajwaz said:
    Finally got an opportunity to try recent new launch Nokia 8.1. Thanks to Nokia ( HMD Global) for giving me an opportunity to do so by gifting a device :smiley: I should say Nokia has won it fan back. The device is gorgeous and as always it has solid build. The design is beautiful and I have been getting only praises for the design. The biggest advantage for the Nokia currently is android one. But I would like to see more Nokia branded apps on the devices. We need more gestures to be enabled.

It would be great if Nokia can bring few customization to some of apps to give it feel of Nokia. 

Some how I see dual 4G  is not supported on the phone currently. We need that feature.

Dark theme is not setting correctly. Even if we manually set as Dark theme it won't apply across the system only it effects launcher it seems but not to settings menu neither the phone etc apps.

We need gestures such double tap on finger print scanner to lock, tap of finger scanner or power button to capture the photo.

Face unlock feature is missing currently we need the face unlock feature.

Audio quality feels bit distorted. It will be great if we have Digital Dolby or any other audio standard implemented in the device. Presently it has OZO audio support but that's only for video recorded using Nokia camera on the device. There is no way to play only OZO audio on  device. Also equalizer is missing . 

There is no settings to hide the notch presently. But I have found a way to do that so.

Camera is pretty good. Some times we get overexposed photos. Also images seems to be grainy during photo captured in lowlight. We need more settings within Pro Mode. Improvement is required within Bokeh mode. Sometime edges of the object get blurred while capturing the image. Need more AI stickers in built in camera app.

It is feedback from a Nokia fan as we just Nokia to do better and grow going forward. All the best to Nokia phones.

hope they are listening to feedback @edo @Priyanshu @juho
    Dark theme is an os concept which is related to google not Nokia so I don't think Nokia has any control over it unless they opt out of android one device program they can't change much of default stock android