Failing to send WhatsApp media messages

I have noticed that on my 7.1 I currently cannot send WhatsApp picture messages over wi-fi.

Failing to send WhatsApp media messages

I have noticed that on my 7.1 I currently cannot send WhatsApp picture messages over wi-fi. The signal is good and phone connected for browsing etc, the phone will send the picture messages when I turn wi-fi off and use mobile data.
I have googled for this issue with WhatsApp but found no results, so think it may be tooto with the phone (Pie update possibly?).
I have found other app issues with the phone, e.g. not loading BBC Sport app sometimes when you are signed into the apps account but then working when you sign out!
Anyone else having similar issues

Comments

• Anilkasok Anilkasok
    ✭✭  / 
    My nokia 6.1 plus has the same problem
  • Usmans Usmans
     / 
    I am having the same issue, yesterday I spent nearly 2 hours with a "person" on the support app and still no luck. I have noticed that cellular data has no issue, it is the wifi connection that is the problem. But other phones connected to the same wifi have no trouble at all sending media files.
    Any luck yet??
  • BaileyATL BaileyATL
    ✭✭  / 
    [{"insert":"Have a new Nokia 7.2. same problem. \n\n"}]
  • pnokio pnokio
    ✭✭  / 

I just tried it and it sent fine from my 7.1. Have you looked at your settings in WhatsApp? Look in settings and WIFI and see what the setting are.