Fingerprint Issues

Hello, My Nokia 6.1 (TA-1050) originally had one of the fastest scanners on any phone I have had, however now it barely works at all.

Fingerprint Issues

lumiaeric lumiaeric
✭✭  / 
Hello,
My Nokia 6.1 (TA-1050) originally had one of the fastest scanners on any phone I have had, however now it barely works at all. I scan a new fingerprint in, lock my phone and then try to unlock it and it gives me one of two messages- 'Partial fingerprint detected' or 'Not recognised'. This is with a fingerprint I just scanned 10 seconds ago and it doesn't work. I love my Nokia but I can't use the scanner at all which is really frustrating for me, and I know I'm not the only one with this issue. It would be nice if someone at HMD/Nokia could issue an update or something to help fix this.
Thanks.
Tagged:

Comments

• singhnsk singhnsk
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Hello, please try to clean the fingerprint scanner using a wet soft cloth. And if it still does the same, then there is likely a hardware fault with the fingerprint reader. If you bring it to a Nokia service point, then I'm sure they will take a good care of it :)
  • lumiaeric lumiaeric
    ✭✭  / 
    singhnsk said:
    Hello, please try to clean the fingerprint scanner using a wet soft cloth. And if it still does the same, then there is likely a hardware fault with the fingerprint reader. If you bring it to a Nokia service point, then I'm sure they will take a good care of it :)
    Unfortunately cleaning the scanner doesn't help at all and in the UK you have to contact the seller (carphone warehouse) which is a pain. Hopefully in the new year they may be able to help.
  • srvks srvks
    ✭✭  / 
    Yes mine too. It is not as great as it was in oreo.
  • srvks said:
    Yes mine too. It is not as great as it was in oreo.
    +1