Nokia 7 plus headphone jack issues.

The audio quality via headphone jack is terrible. i hope Nokia fixes it coz the audio quality is very low & distorts at high volume.

Nokia 7 plus headphone jack issues.

chets4589 chets4589
 /  edited November 2

The audio quality via headphone jack is terrible. i hope Nokia fixes it coz the audio quality is very low & distorts at high volume.

Comments

• malaya malaya
     /  edited September 18
    Yep. Same complaints. And I don't think the earphone fully fits in the headphone jack
  • Manish Manish
     /  edited November 10
    Since the recent OTA update I have started facing another issue with the headphone jack. It works inconsistently, it stops working in between and then I have to restart my phone to make it work again.

I have tried multiple earphones/headphones but the issue remains.

Anyone else facing the same issue ??
  • user1526635180237 user1526635180237
     /  edited July 4
    Yes i am facing the same issue
  • puneet puneet
    ✭✭✭  /  edited September 18
    Activate the system ui tuner and turn on the visibility for 3.5 mm jack. The phone will detect headphones perfectly.
  • Manish Manish
     /  edited June 8
    Puneet, Can you guide me for the same.

How to activate the UI Tuner and turn on the visibility for headphone jack
  • puneet puneet
    ✭✭✭  /  edited August 6
    Pull down the QS panel, hold the settings icon for a few seconds and then let it go. It will activate the system ui tuner. The UI tuner would be present in the system settings area. Go to it and turn on the visibility for 3.5 mm jack.
  • Manish Manish
     /  edited September 10
    I am able to see the headphone jack icon now and I am able to see what is happening. As I am taking out the headphone from the jack then the icon gets enabled and as I am plugging it in then it gets disabled. It should be the opposite. It should enable the headphones sign once it is plugged in and disable once it is plugged out.

Definitely something is wrong on the software part here
  • puneet puneet
    It's working as it should be for me. Shows when plugged in and vanishes on plugging out.
  • Manish Manish
     /  edited June 8
    Issue still persists for me.
    Anyways thanks for the help buddy. Appreciate it.
  • puneet puneet
    So, this issue started happening with me also. When earphones are plugged in, sound comes from loudspeaker but when earphones aren't plugged in, sound doesn't come through loudspeaker. Buggy software.
  • malaya malaya
     / 
    Well hasn't happened to me till now. Fingers crossed.
  • puneet puneet
    ✭✭✭  /  edited September 30
    It almost feels like the software is developed and maintained by amateur developers.
  • Manish Manish
     /  edited June 8
    I tried the factory reset. It's still buggy, headphones icon is not getting enabled at all now but so far the phone has responded positively regarding headphones plug in.

Don't know what these software developers are doing
  • malaya malaya
     / 
    Isn't it Google's own software? #Androidone 
  • puneet puneet
    ✭✭✭  / 
    It is but maintaining it is Nokia's responsibility for its devices.
  • I am also having the same problem, headphone jack is not working properly after the recent update.
  • Manish Manish
     / 
    I have tweeted this issue to Ajay Mehta-Head of Nokia India, HMD Global.

If anyone wants to add up to that tweet to highlight the issue then following is the link::
    Check out @IamManishArora’s Tweet: https://twitter.com/IamManishArora/status/998553881398280193?s=09
  • This situation happen in my Nokia 7 + also, a bit disappointed with the software qc

• sbk0689 sbk0689
     /  edited September 19
    For me headphone jack is not working, it only works if I insert 25%but if push it completely it will not work, sound will come from loudspeaker please help me understand is it a problem with the device i.e hardware issue or software issue
  • Manish Manish
     / 
    It's a software issue buddy. We all are facing almost the same problem since the last OTA update.

Don't know when Nokia is going to fix it.
  • Keitosha Keitosha
     /  edited November 9
    I'm having the same issue as well since the last update. Headphone detection became bugged as ****. Sometimes no audio at all or only mono or distorted. Reverting to an earlier build fixes the issue, reinstalling the May update causes problems again.

Guess this is Nokia's way of telling their users "And now your N7+ also lacks a headphone jack, like the competition"
  • user1527057053164 user1527057053164
     /  edited June 27

After I report the problem to Nokia CS, he told me to clear cache of Google Play and software reset it done by simultaneously pressing and holding the power and the volume up buttons for 10 to 15 seconds. Lets try this method to see if it works.

• Henry M Henry M
     / 

Does it happen the same with bluetooth headphones?

I have the phone and less than one month I already issues? Starting to regret the decision of choosing the Nokia 7+.  Let´s see how Nokia developers react on this, if problem persists next update i´ll just get rid of it.

• Henry M Henry M
     / 

Audio over bluetooth headphones works fine at least....

• I am also facing the same issue...when i plug in the headphones the headphone icon just disappears and sound comes from speaker and vise versa.
  • Per Per
     / 
    Hi folks.
    Sadly I have the same problem. I just found out by trying that if the sound goes through the speakers when you have your headset plugged in disconnect the headphones. Start your music and put the plug to your headphones 3/4 in to you phone. Then I get the music to my headphones. Plug it all the way in and start the music again. It works for me... But this is really bad by Nokia.

Have someone this problem with traditional headphones without a mic? Cause then you only have 3 instead of 4 connection surfaces on your plug... 
  • i have same issue as manish and puneet.
  • ayushp ayushp
     / 
    Facing same headphone issue after the recent update its not detecting my headphones.
  • nokia should fix this issue in the next update.
  • afroznk afroznk
     /  edited August 15
    I am also facing the same issue...when i plug in the headphones the headphone icon just disappears and sound comes from speaker and vise versa.