Nokia 7 plus continuously hangs. Device unusable until locked and unlocked again. - Page 10

Same here

Nokia 7 plus continuously hangs. Device unusable until locked and unlocked again.

Comments

• Same here
  • lakshaykaura lakshaykaura
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Thankyou so much for uploading video, we need such proofs to show to Nokia people
  • Same bug here in Germany.  :s
  • Many times phone got hanged 
    Wifi also having the problem in searching the network.
    Please do something on this 
  • https://community.phones.nokia.com/discussion/9717/bootloader-unlock-for-nokia-devices
    Please go ahead, agree and comment to this. Would be great if Nokia gets to know about this
  • I also have the same problem 
  • dmt1992 dmt1992
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Touchscreen freezing problem is really irritating
  • Aakash Aakash
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    Oluj said:
    I bought Nokia 7 plus in Nigeria and it hangs. It's really frustrating to use as I need to constantly lock and unlock to use. I won't recommend for anyone as it's not worth the price (except I see a change) I feel highly disappointed to have invested 100+K and get such service as this. Please fix the problem urgently. Thanks
    Hi oluj,
    Please have a look over the issues of #Nokia7plus . Users Of #Nokia7plus are waiting for these updates.
    Link:

https://community.phones.nokia.com/discussion/9434/serious-issues-of-nokia-7-plus-users-of-nokia7plus-please-have-a-look/p1
  • Aakash Aakash
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    bvanaerde said:

@LakshayKaura I don't see how this would be different from the several factory resets that other users have done. Also, if Nokia had a real solution for this problem, it would have been include in one of the updates.

Yes,it's not working with reset.
    Only Update is required.
  • Aakash Aakash
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    dmt1992 said:

I am using Nokia 7 plus since May 2018 (India). My touchscreen gets unresponsive to touch randomly. It just happens randomly. It becomes usable after locking and unlocking the device. I am having this problem for the past 1.5 months, even after Pie update. But soon after October Security update, the issue seems to happen more often than before. Now it has become really annoying. Please fix this with the next update!

I had another issue with earphones before. But all such issues got resolved after Pie. Now this problem is getting annoying. No other issues so far.

Please have a look over the issues of #Nokia7plus . Users Of #Nokia7plus are waiting for these updates. 
    Link:

https://community.phones.nokia.com/discussion/9434/serious-issues-of-nokia-7-plus-users-of-nokia7plus-please-have-a-look/p1
  • Aakash Aakash
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    Totally agree. Am having same problem since MAY 18.Extremely disappointed with Nokia. How I wish , I could just dump the device and switch to my old brand,but can't afford to waste the money spent on Nokia 7+ Hope Nokia ressolves this issue forever
    Please email this to [email protected]

Please have a look over the issues of #Nokia7plus . Users Of #Nokia7plus are waiting for these updates. 
    Link:

• vinayak vinayak
    ✭✭✭  / 
    even me facing the same issue. This happened when I have updated my device. I tried factory rest, fail-safe mode but the frezzeing of sceen issue is still there. Everytime I have to lock and unlock my device to make my device run smoothly. It's worse to see that tough having beta labs Nokia is not considering these bugs seriously. 
  • mcj mcj
     / 
    Since November upgrade same happens to me. Restarts itself several times a day under all kinds of circumstances. Sometimes accompanied by overheating. Have done everything except factory reset. 
  • Aakash Aakash
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    mcj said:
    Since November upgrade same happens to me. Restarts itself several times a day under all kinds of circumstances. Sometimes accompanied by overheating. Have done everything except factory reset. 
    You are talking about October security update.Right?
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Could someone please provide any update if they have any about this issue? Major show stopper for me rightnow.
  • kp5 kp5
     / 
    nithin said:

It may be an hardware issue. But as I said, I never faced this issue on android Oreo. I used my phone running Oreo about 5 months before I get the Pie update. It happened right after upgrading it to Pie. So may be something related to the display driver in the firmware. 

I'm glad that I am not the only one who started facing this issue since upgraded to Pie!
    I purchased this device from official site in May and since then I've never faced this issue until I upgraded to Pie last month. Few days back my device display completely went black, I could feel that device was working since I was getting sound coming from it but couldn't see anything until I soft restarted it.
    From then on, I get this screen freeze issue but it's so erratic! I noticed though for me it's more apparent whenever using very high speed WiFi or while turning on 4G data and multitasking simultaneously.
    I tried that Files app disable, Norton cleaner and disabling system modify settings of those system apps but I don't think it's fixed the issue.
    Has anyone tried sending 6+ months old device back to Nokia to get touch panel replaced without any cost? Mine doesn't have any screen crack but a small dent on the metal frame and small loss of ceramic coating.
  • larsson adelbrown larsson adelbrown
    ✭✭  /  edited December 2018
    There is a problem with screen rotation on Android Pie.  Enable or disbled auto-rotate screen and see if makes any difference.
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Could someone please provide any update if they have any about this issue? Major show stopper for me rightnow.
  • Problem solved with last security update  2018.11
  • I am also facing the same issue. Dont know what to do with it. It hangs and goes black screen until battery goes full down and charging issue 

• Hello,
    I've the same issue. I've the last update of December. Is it a software or hardware problem? My phone is still under warranty, should I claim?
    Regards,
  • bvanaerde bvanaerde
    ✭✭  / 
    Hello,
    My phone is still under warranty, should I claim?
    Regards,
    If the latest update still did not fix your problem, you should definitely report it. For me, the problem was unacceptable, and I managed to get a refund for the device.
  • Naveen Naveen
    ✭✭  / 
    How many are still facing the issue ? And how many went to the service centre for the screen replacement.
  • I'm not sure but it seems to be ok since a couple of days :) 
  • pranjal pranjal
    ✭✭  / 
    I am still facing the issue. 
  • For me, the problem has disappeared after the November update. Have had problems from the beginning. I keep my fingers crossed.

• ashis kar ashis kar
    ✭✭✭  / 
    It happened with me once... But i detected the issue is actually with facebook.. the UI freezes sometimes with fb and chrome.. but its an app issue not phones
  • ashis kar ashis kar
    ✭✭✭  / 
    After trying disabling double tap to wake feature the problem still persisted. I visited Nokia service center and they reinstalled the stable build of Oreo. According to them the latest release was problematic. HMD global should really test the software before they give it to customers. This is really frustrating because even the cheapest handsets don't suffer from this issue. But even after installing fresh software there's no guarantee that the phone will work smoothly. I bought the 7 plus solely because it'll get Android P. But if their are so many problems in HMD Globals Oreo implementation I wonder how many problems we're going to face in the Android P update. I'm simply not happy with what HMD Global is doing with the software side of things. How do u think u r going to regain the trust of customers under the Nokia name when u can't provide a stable phone? HMD global needs to think deeply about this situation. I can say this for sure that Xiaomi has much better software. At least it is stable.
    This is the most lame comment i have ever seen.. xiaomi is one of the worst privacy breacher with advt floating in UI.. full of bugs... If the problem persist in some handset.. its like 1 to 2% of quality issue.. and it happens with every company from Samsung to apple.. so keep us posted about ur issues.. but dont bring cheap brands like Xiaomi into it.. 
  • I was facing this issue since quite some time. May be 2-3 months. Two days ago I disabled double tap to wake. Now it's working fine. On Android pie. With latest December update.
    ✭✭✭  / 
    After December update the problem was almost gone but still its there but its like once or twice a day only but earlier it was like twice every hour.
    Still once or twice a day is bearable.
    But the charging jack issue is not bearable :neutral: