Nokia 7 plus continuously hangs. Device unusable until locked and unlocked again. - Page 11

(Quote)

Nokia 7 plus continuously hangs. Device unusable until locked and unlocked again.

Comments

• KingBoss KingBoss
     /  edited December 2018
    Hey, i have done all that Nokia had ask me to do to fix this screen freeze/unresponsive issue and nothing work. The issue is actually an hardware issue, I bought my phone from amazon and was unable to return the phone (due to the 3 month warranty expiration) after waiting so long to see if an update would of rectify the issue. I Rectify The Issue By Replacing the Screen, now my phone works really well,no issues at all now. I am very disappointed with Nokia, I had to spend an extra 188 USD on a brand new phone just to enjoy a good experience.
  • Hey, i have done all that Nokia had ask me to do to fix this screen freeze/unresponsive issue and nothing work. The issue is actually an hardware issue, I bought my phone from amazon and was unable to return the phone (due to the 3 month warranty expiration) after waiting so long to see if an update would of rectify the issue. I Rectify The Issue By Replacing the Screen, now my phone works really well,no issues at all now. I am very disappointed with Nokia, I had to spend an extra 188 USD on a brand new phone just to enjoy a good experience.
  • I experience the same issues for several months KingBoss, may I ask where did you got your screen replaced? Nokia support centre? Thank you in advanced!
  • I have this phone for 9 month, screen freezing start when I have updated to Android 9. Other things work well. I didn't have even one problem with this phone on Android 8.1.
  • Always hanging essue problem lock and unlock properly then work very well
  • amitk95 amitk95
    ✭✭  / 
    I got this device on 4th May and till now i didn't felf any lag, but i'm not happy with the low light imaging experience on this device and after the Dec patch, the battery backup was somehow reduced on my device.
  • Mabye there is a conflict with an or some apps in Android 9, because I haven't this problem for about three weeks and it appears again and freezing 15 to 20 times a day.
  • tjc2005 tjc2005
    ✭✭  / 
    Mine also does this. Cmon, the issue was reported last year in July. Sort it out Nokia 
  • Hi,
    I'm facing the same issue here. The issue starts when it has been upgraded to Android Pie. Please we need a solution. 
  • lakshaykaura lakshaykaura
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Sent my device to service center lets see.
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Many other users started facing this touch problem again
  • ash95 ash95
    ✭✭  /  edited February 2019
    Here are a few ways
    Ram management depends on various factors
    Refer to this video for more info:-

1.reset your phone
    2.with reference to the above video,clear apps 
    3.remove clean master,cm apps,DU apps and other third party useless apps,as they all are rip-off,and kill memory.

Hope it has helped you all
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Same problem I am facing. Just feels like a **** phone now. What to do?? Is Nmteam Nokia seeing this thread?
  • random random
    ✭✭  / 
    Started happening on mine a couple of weeks ago. Doh!
  • mittu mittu
    ✭✭  / 
    Iam also facing same problem daily.
  • Same issue been faced with in couple of month of purchasing this smartphone
  • vikas vikas
    ✭✭  / 
    Wort software experience due to software bug
  • vikas vikas
    ✭✭  / 
    They are not optimizing the battery
  • Sagar Golvelkar Sagar Golvelkar
     /  edited February 2019
    My phone is not getting hang but WhatsApp and Camera app are frequently stop working in between use. So I meed to know. How should I fix this?
  • StriderBIH StriderBIH
    ✭✭  / 
    After I bough the phone, didn't have problems at all for about three months. It started 10-15 days ago...I'm not sure if it is after january security patch.
    I tried every workaround mentioned on this forums (except battery emptying), but nothing helps. Touch panel firmware: Goodix 1.017.20.
    It's really annoying and it happens very often for me...
    I'm not sure if it is a hardware problem, but it doesn't mean it can't be fixed by software. Hardware and software are interconnected and maybe they can make some workaround in firmware which will avoid problematic functionality. If it was only hardware problem, it probably would be there from beginning. But not - phone was very stable and functional for first three months.

Anyway, after problem with touch with Lumia 1520, and now this problem - I will never buy Nokia again.
  • Problem seem solved after replacing of screen under warranty .
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Problem solved after screen replacement by service centre
  • Parneet Parneet
    ✭✭  / 
    Screen touch hangs all the time. Its frustrating and really annoying. There is no solution till date and no response from nokia india till date on any threads. Poor choice i made shifting from xiaomi to nokia. Worst phone ever.
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Get your screen change from service center
  • Tunde Tunde
    ✭✭  / 
    Hi, read your comments on this issue and went and disabled the storage manager in Settings. Seems to have worked on my 5.1. plus. Still watching though!
  • Tunde Tunde
    ✭✭  / 
    Hi, read your comments on this issue and went and disabled the storage manager in Settings. Seems to have worked on my 5.1. plus. Still watching though
  • interface no response might happen every day. If touched the screen several more times during phone hung , a message as attached would pop
  • Same issue is with my Nokia 7 plus after recent upgrade
  • I uninstalled Google Play music and cleared cache of chrome and Google app and then faced a lag. It got stuck on the app settings and after sometime a pop up came as quickstep ( i.e stock launcher) is not responding. After that incident I feel that the performance has gone down. Any suggestions?
  • Engineblock Engineblock
    ✭✭  / 
    Get your screen change from service center
    has it solved the problem?