Nokia 7 plus continuously hangs. Device unusable until locked and unlocked again. - Page 2

I also have the same issue

Nokia 7 plus continuously hangs. Device unusable until locked and unlocked again.

Comments

• user1525363255784 user1525363255784
    ✭✭  /  edited July 2018

I also have the same issue

• user1529997790973 user1529997790973
    ✭✭  /  edited July 2018
    An update to my last post - even after visiting the service centre and installing the so called stable build, the problem still persists. How many times in the day are we supposed to turn the screen off and on in the day for the phone to work? Forget the phone working normally. I'm talking about the phone working like every other phone on the market does. Seriously how long is it going to take u to send us a fix?
  • libin2711 libin2711
    ✭✭  /  edited July 2018
    I am definitely sure rom developer at Nokia are not acting professionally, it seems to me like bunch of amateurs making mistakes porting and patching firmware, its really not hard if you are paid for it.

Look at custom rom like Lineage OS they are fixing bugs in weekly bases and you guys with all source codes, unrestricted kernel access codes still leaving so many bugs. Aren't you debugging??

My previous cheap Xiaomi phone performed way better.
  • Zisco Zisco
    ✭✭  /  edited July 2018
    After installing android P and using it for two days, the problem appeared again, so I decided to return to Android 8 1, for two days I had no problem with the touch, now my touch again stopped responding once and I had to lock and unlock the screen to work. thought that I would not give the problem after reinstalling android 8.1. I begin to think that it is a hardware problem, I hope it is not so.
  •  Try to flash your device once...or go to the nearest service center...

Or if you want to unlock pattern Nokia 7 plus follow this.

or Frp bypass Nokia 7 plus check here

• Hi, note that after buying the device you need to update the device to the latest software version and make sure you are always have data for effective and ultimate performance.
    The device has no problems at all.
    Just make sure you are not too tired of buying data and you are good to go.
    Enjoy the best mobile device you have ever seen.
    The speed is something else.
    Thank you HMD global.
    NOKIA Remain the best.
  • @user1524229032763 I am also facing the same issue. What is your status on the Delhivery pickup? Did they exchange it?

• bvanaerde bvanaerde
    ✭✭  /  edited July 2018

@ABuyer

Your suggested fix seems to be helping a bit. But as you said yourself, it doesn't completely remove the problem. It's still happening from time to time. Where did you find this solution?

• user1526919067797 user1526919067797
    ✭✭  /  edited July 2018

Nokia care center is changing the whole touch module of my phone and they said It will take approx 15 days to procure the same and its installation. If problem not resolve even after changing the touch module then I will move to consumer forum.

• NikhilAditya NikhilAditya
    ✭✭  /  edited July 2018
    Even I experienced this issue
  • ABuyer ABuyer
    ✭✭  / 

@Ben Van Aerde

Found it on reditt. The first time you disable all those apps it helps a bit and the more you keep on using the phone the better it gets upto a point. If you have just applied the "fixes" keep using it for like 2 weeks and in my experience the overall smoothness improves. There will still be the occasionall freeze but they are few and far between, overall user experience is a lot better.

The 3 major improvements you'll experience are.

1) Transition animations will stop being choppy after a couple of days. Some animations will improve from the get go.

2) The occasional touch freezes and split screenc app freezes reduces greatly.

3) apps stay in memory and don't reload. Some bigger apps refresh but the mostly pick up from where you left off. Twitter feed stays in the same place, if you are playing a YT video it and just exit in the middle and do some other stuff on the phone opening YT will take you back to the point where you were. Games tend to refresh but not reload. The screen will go white for a moment and then it goes back to where you left the game. Its not a full reload. Also refresh only happens if you come back to the game after a good few hours or the next day. Taking a call or taking a break to do something and then opening the phone again in my experience will not force close the game.

My guess is the Android OS is learning the usage pattern and optimizing it.

I've rooted and installed custom OS's on my older phones and what I think HMD devs are doing is applying a very aggressive (battery saving focussed) CPU governor which is not allowing the CPU/SOC governor to respond fast enough hence the jittery choppy animations and lags.

Use the phone with the "fixes" in place and post a comment after a few days if you find the overall smoothness improves.

• The device is a wonderful piece.
    HMD global has just follow the path of Nokia.Giving clients value for their money.I am so proud of Nokia.
    Buyers complaint because the have not actually taking time to know the piece of machine they have.
    Imagine 4gb of ram internal mm capacity and an option for SD.up to 256gb.

That should be a laptop of about 1/2 a mil.
    Please buyers try to study your device before complaining.
    Enjoy hypertech.
    Alma
    ✭✭  /  edited July 2018

@user1530066638275

Don't comment anything about users who are facing the particular issue. Issue is being recognized by Nokia Care Center and that's why they agreed to change the touch module. And second thing; lots of people are facing the same issue and they all are not dumb.

If what you commented is true that Nokia Care is fool too. Don't be over smart by commenting anything just for sake of post.

• If you do the proper things, you will not be blaming Nokia care.
    Are they dum by offering such a machine for the globe?
  • Pooya Movahhed Pooya Movahhed
    ✭✭  /  edited July 2018
    The issue persists. Nokia has not resolved it. Don't get distracted we will take this to consumer protection platforms.
  • user1529997790973 user1529997790973
    ✭✭  /  edited July 2018
    It's about time that HMD Global gave us a solution for this issue. Why isn't there a moderator replying on this post? This shows that they are aware of the problem and choosing not to comment on it. How many times in the day are we supposed to lock and unlock our phones just to make it work? Service centres do absolutely nothing imo. Company needs to look into this now as this is making us loyal Nokia fans steer away from the products. I was told to not buy a Nokia in 2018 and I didn't listen. I guess I was wrong.
  • bvanaerde bvanaerde
    ✭✭  /  edited July 2018

Some reactions from their chat support. I have summarized the important replies:

• it has to be something related to the software, Ben
    • we will forward to the relevant department in order to fix the issue. we really hope to be able to fix it soon
    • Actually Ben we are going to work hard on that and we hope that the issue will be solved soon
    • Actually, our technicians are working to find more about this and eventually resolve the issue with a security patch.
    • is there any way in following the progress? --> Not really, I'm sorry
    • but for now, it's not sure if a fix will come in the next update? --> No, it's not
    ✭✭  /  edited July 2018

Someone please suggest how we all (those who are facing said issue) can file consumer complaint in bundled way?

• bvanaerde bvanaerde
    ✭✭  /  edited July 2018

Even after I tried every known "fix", I still had the problem regularly. So I went and installed the developer preview yesterday.

Apart from some minor issues that are probably solved by performing a factory reset, it seems to be already usable as a daily driver. So far, No touch problems!

• Zisco Zisco
    ✭✭  / 
    @bvanaerde I installed Android P developer preview and after a few days it starts to happen again, then I roll back to 8.1 and after a few days again the issue appears. Please comment if happen to you. Regards
  • bvanaerde bvanaerde
    ✭✭  / 

@Zisco I'll report back in a few days.

• shouvikg796 shouvikg796
    ✭✭  /  edited July 2018

after updating to July security patch the problem is gone(atter 6 hours using)

• mash91 mash91
     /  edited July 2018
    I'm also facing the same issue from last one month. Nokia support told me to do factory reset and then check. But after factory reset, the issue still persists.
    At Nokia, nobody is taking this critical issue seriously.
  • bvanaerde bvanaerde
    ✭✭  / 

@shouvikg796 Please keep us posted in a few days, to make sure it does not reoccur.

• shouvikg796 shouvikg796
    ✭✭  /  edited July 2018

it occurs again bt 2 times only

• Pooya Movahhed Pooya Movahhed
    ✭✭  /  edited July 2018
    I installed the July security update. Nothing has changed. Frequent freezing and you habe to turn the screen off and on. Such a waste of money this phone.
  • bvanaerde bvanaerde
    ✭✭  /  edited July 2018

Sad to hear it also happens on the July update. I was to be expected, as this was only a security update from Google, and thus probably no changes from Nokia.

The freezes do not occur on the Development Preview (so far), although I've experienced some system reboots. I'm hoping the new beta will be released soon, I'm expecting this one to be a bit more stable.

• george v george v
    ✭✭  /  edited July 2018

This apparently is a hardware problem. If it was a software bug then all 7 plus devices would exhibit it and it would be fixed by updating the software. Since the company replaces screens or even whole phones it is more than obvious that it is a hardware issue.

The company ought to recall all Nokia 7 plus phones and replace them with new devices which have eliminated the problem, for example they sport a different screen micro-controller, one that doesn't suffer from this fault.

I expect them to do this as soon as they have produced a revised Nokia 7 plus without this hardware issue.