Nokia 7 plus continuously hangs. Device unusable until locked and unlocked again. - Page 4

I jst cleared junk file via norton cache cleaner

Nokia 7 plus continuously hangs. Device unusable until locked and unlocked again.

Comments

• shouvikg796 shouvikg796
    ✭✭  / 

I jst cleared junk file via norton cache cleaner

• bvanaerde bvanaerde
    ✭✭  / 
    Which app is that exactly? Can't seem to find it in the app store.
  • https://cdrc.gujarat.gov.in/how-to-lodge-complaint.htm#fee

I will move to consumer forum after 27.07.2018.

• Zisco Zisco
    ✭✭  / 
    I installed Norton Clean and cleaned the junk but the problem persist
  • I also installed the Norton cache cleaner ,no changes on the situation. Mobile frequently hangs as usual.
    ✭✭  / 

Update ur phone to android p

✭✭  / 

Install android p v3 via ota and install norton cache cleaner and share ur experience,it almost 24hrs there is no touch issue.bt u can face little stabilization issue as it is beta version

• I'm using Android P Beta3 from 2 days and today installed nortal cleaner app but after issue still persists. How much we try to get rid off this issue but no solution is getting by any method.
    I have read pathetic service centre experiences of many users that's why I'm afraid to go to service centre because if they keep my phone for 10-15 days then what will I do.
    #NokiaSucks
  • bvanaerde bvanaerde
    ✭✭  / 
    Great, that Norton app is not available in Belgium. Why on earth would they put a region lock on an app like this...

Going to search for an alternative.
    ✭✭  / 

Download apk file

• george v george v
    ✭✭  / 
    You can bypass it with a VPN application
  • bvanaerde bvanaerde
    ✭✭  / 
    I think I'll have to change quite a lot of settings in order to fool the app store. Just a VPN does not work (I tried).

Also, I find it strange that a cache remover would solve the problem completely... Especially when a clean install did not solve it. About a day after a clean install, it was working well here. My guess is, it will eventually come back.
  • user1524229032763 user1524229032763
    ✭✭  /  edited July 2018
    Guys please please understand this is purely a Hardware Issue. Banging your head against apps or software tweaks is not going to help. I GUARANTEE THAT THIS IS A MANUFACTURING DEFECT. Otherwise Nokia would have provided the fix by now or atleast answered to this thread.
  • user1529997790973 user1529997790973
    ✭✭  /  edited July 2018
    I'm now thinking that it might be a s/w issue with HMD's implementation of android one. My phone seems to be working perfectly fine for the last 3 weeks now. It just might be that android system wasn't tested properly by HMD before installing it in the phone. That's what happens when you copy paste the source code and then try to run it. Don't know when the company is going to give us some clarity on the matter.
  • Its a big problem..somedays it doesn't happen at all.on other it happens continuously...i also discovered when the screen freezes and any app with the short cuts through hard press still works.however if u click the shortcut..the screen doesn't respond...not sure whether its a hardware or software issue.. whatever be it..hmd needs to solve this asap.. people have bought these fones because of the nokia brand..customers will start loosing faith on them
  • Pooya Movahhed Pooya Movahhed
    ✭✭  /  edited July 2018
    What difference does it make if it is software problem or harware problem when they have not been able to resolve it after 4 months? Software or hardware, this piece of junk that has cost me more than my two previous phones combined makes me hate its brand everyday, both software or hardware. This is on Nokia and Google. They both have not even acknowledged the problem after receiving thousands of complaints and have done next to nothing to compensate for the misery they have caused. Android One program is now dead in reality; it can't even offer a normal user experience. Why would we trust a company, even as big as Google, when with all their big name have no respect for the customers? There is no fix for this problem, and software or hardware, this is a disaster of a phone. I have decided to start using Apple phones in my next upgrade. At least I will be faced with a company that will accept its responsibility againts the customers.
  • i am facing the screen freeze problem for the past 15-20days. What HMD is doing to solve this problem? only they and god knows! its way too irritating. every time it happens, i have to lock & unlock device again. im not sure whether to recommend Nokia phones to friends anymore.

• user1526919067797 user1526919067797
    ✭✭  /  edited July 2018

My phone is at Nokia Care since 05 July 2018 and today is 27 July 2018 and still I dont have any updates from Nokia care Vadodara. More over I had personally visited them thrice but every time they told me that they will call me once your phone is repaired. And to extent of their irresponsible behavior I didn't any call in all these days. Why anyone will buy a phone and give it to back to Nokia for repair (due to manufacturing defect)  purpose within few weeks of usage. Why we have invested money in that? It is like PONJI scheme where they had given nice advertisement of their phone that they had made a world class phone, taken lots of money from customers and then disappeared in fog. And in India no one can do anything against them as customer grievance redressal and courtrooms are full of flaws.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                            

✭✭  / 

I suggest you to download android p and norton cache cleaner app.my problem has totally gone 

• I upgraded to Android P and installed Nortan cleaner app but the issue still persists. I tried so many things but nothing is helping in order to get rid off this issue 
    ✭✭  / 

Restart ur phone 3 times

• kutty kutty
    ✭✭  / 
    I am facing hanging issuein nokia 7 plus...why this much product seeling under brand name nokia..this is horrible....pls fix all the errors....
  • Arun Mohla Arun Mohla
     / 
    I was also facing the same issue from the last 1.5 months.. the screen was freezing 6-7 times a day and i have to lock and unlock it again and again... However, i downloaded 2 applications from playstore..1. TouchScreen Repair (RedPi app).
    2. Super star - Speedy Responds.
    And from the last 4 days i havent faced the issue .. onle a single screen freeze issue was there for a second... These apps worked for me, hope they work for all of you also...
    I will write back if screen freezes again.
  • Arun Mohla Arun Mohla
     / 
    Apologies.. the second app is "super touch - speedy responds".
  • george v george v
    ✭✭  / 
    My phone had stopped doing this for more than 15 days and today, for no apparent reason, froze 7 times. After the first time, I reboot the phone. It froze again shortly after.
    I installed screen repair, run it and restarted
    the phone again. It did it again a couple of hours later.
    Uninstalled the app again and restarted the phone again. It did it again. The last time it did it was while I was writing this comment.
    It's very strange. I didn't install any new application's lately. The only think I can think about is that the last 2 days I charged the battery to 100% while all the previous days I didn't charge it more than 85%.
    However the battery charge seems far irrelevant to this problem.
    I'm curious to hear Nokia's opinion about the problem. So far they have avoided to express their opinion but at the cost of losing customers. I don't think they can avoid facing the issue for ever.
  • I bought the phone yesterday and I have faced the same issue where the screen just freezes and works only I've locked and unlocked my device
  • I have the same, I am thinking trade it with other brand of mobile.  Never consider Nokia again.. Very disappointed.

• This is extremely unprofessional on the side of HMD to not answer this issue even if a huge number of customers are facing the same. They must be ashamed of themselves for destroying the image of the Nokia brand. They do not deserve to own this brand. All members in this thread please vow to not buy Nokia from HMD again.
  • jimmyireland jimmyireland
    ✭✭✭  /  edited August 2018
    How long is this thread going now... No fix ignored Juho has ignored it totally this kind of ignorance and arrogance is NOT the way forward for a community that's supported Nokia for years in their old form and new.. Has to be said I'm sorry but that's how I feel right now.

Having submitted many reports and continuing to purchase devices if this keeps up its not looking good for that relationship to continue.