Nokia 7 plus continuously hangs. Device unusable until locked and unlocked again. - Page 6

I applied the Abuyer solution since yesterday and the phone seems to be more stable. It is not 100% but more manageable

Nokia 7 plus continuously hangs. Device unusable until locked and unlocked again.

Comments

• I applied the Abuyer solution since yesterday and the phone seems to be more stable. It is not 100% but more manageable
  • bvanaerde bvanaerde
    ✭✭  / 
    As user1533089151263, I didn't want it to be a real hardware problem, as it would result in having no phone for several weeks. Not everybody has a spare phone lying around.

I'm still hoping Nokia will publish some explanation on this matter, certainly because a lot of users are experiencing the issue.

I will definitely send it back for repairs if Android 9 does not solve the problem. If the final version takes too long, I might even send it back sooner.
  • Has anyone tried hard reset (not the factory reset) ?
  • @Arun I have tried hard reset and every other possible solution but this issue still persists. Nothing is helping out.
  • mash91 mash91
     /  edited August 2018
    Guys I have tweeted this to @NokiaMobileIn twitter handle and I suggest everyone that please fill up their every social media handle with like these words so that whoever reach at their social media platforms will be known about this issue and think 100 times before buying this phone. If they notice people are considering other brands due to this then might be they will bother to address this issue.

DO NOT BUY "Nokia 7 Plus".(BUGGY TOUCHSCREEN)
    The issue is touchscreen gets unresponsive every now and then so frequently and works only after locking and unlocking it.
    #HateNokia
    Check out below thread on Nokia Community Forum about this ridiculous issue:
    https://community.phones.nokia.com/support/discussions/topics/7000023755
  • Naveen Naveen
    ✭✭  / 
    Anyone facing issue after August update.
  • Yes. Still facing screen touch issue after August update.
  • Yes, present even after the August update.
  •  enven after Android 9 (Pie) Beta 4

• Try this guys!!! Do not use the app block list or the restricted app list. I allowed all the apps to run in backround. Don't restrict any of the apps. The lag is not there anymore.
  • None of my apps are restricted
  • george v george v
    ✭✭  / 
    Nokia repair center in Hungary sent my phone back on last Thursday. I received it today because I was on vacations. They changed some parts according to a paper report they had inside the package. They mentioned some fault codes they received when they tested the device.
    The whole process of sending my device, repair by Nokia, and sending it back took a week.
    The device now works perfectly.
    Obviously it's a hardware problem.
  • george v george v
    ✭✭  / 
    Nokia repair center in Hungary sent my phone back on last Thursday. I received it today because I was on vacations. They changed some parts according to a paper report they had inside the package. They mentioned some fault codes they received when they tested the device.
    The whole process of sending my device, repair by Nokia, and sending it back took a week.
    The touch screen now works flawlessly.
    Obviously it's a hardware problem.
  • george v george v
    ✭✭  /  edited August 2018
    To all people here who have this problem with their phone
    Take your phone to Nokia for repair. There is no other way to fix it.
    Mine was repaired
  • KENNETH KENNETH
     / 
    Thanks for the heads up George
  • Thanks for sharing your experience George
  • Anyone from India, who got repaired his device from service center ??
    Kindly confirm how much it took them to repaired the device. I'm asking this because I have no spare phone, if I submit my phone their then how much time I have to be without a phone.
    Please mention your city.
  • shouvikg796 shouvikg796
    ✭✭  / 

You have to wait for minimum 20-30 days or more.i have sent my device to service centre krishnagar, wb.they told me to wait for 2 weeks 

• What is the actual problem @George V, Is it display problem? I visited service center twice. They Installed software again but issue persist. Infront of them phone is not hanging.

• george v george v
    ✭✭  /  edited September 2018

@user1526886261656, I live in Greece. I too visited a Service Center in Greece (there are 2) and they told me they have never heard about this problem. They didn't even bother to spend some time to look at the phone. They told me to leave it to them and they would check it. If they couldn't fix it they would send it abroad. In this case they told me minimum time would be 2 weeks and maximum 4 weeks. I decided to not leave my phone with them.
    Instead I searched Nokia's site and I found "Nokia repair services online":
    https://www.nokia.com/en_gb/phones/support#service
    I followed this process and at the end they send me with email a DHL courier tag and instructions how to package and drop my phone to a DHL drop off point in order to be sent to Nokia Repair Center in Hungary.

The tag was valid for the next 7 days. I did the process. I was continuously informed with email about the current location of the phone.
    Anyway, the next day the phone was delivered to Nokia in Hungary. They informed me that they are evaluating and repairing it and that they' ll inform me when they 'll send it back to me. After 3 days they said that they had sent it back with DHL again.
    In 2 more days the phone was back.
    Inside they had a report which said:

Mechanical Repair

Symptom code: 5006 - Touch: Problem with touch keys
    Fault Code: 501 - Touch - Module electrical malfunction

Replaced spare part: MEB2N84009A - Adhesive_Right_Lens_B2N

Replaced spare part: MEB2N84010A - Adhesive_Left_Lens_B2N

Replaced spare part: MEB2N84012A - Adhesive_TP_Top_1-2_B2N

Replaced spare part: 20B2N0W0001 - ASSY KIT_B2N/LCM module

• dokape dokape
     / 

Nokia 7 Plus, Bought April 16, 2018 via Amazon Germany. 399.- Euros.

And also this sucking bug:
    Sometimes, not reproducable, minimum 1 per day, often more than 10 times a day, the touchfunction freazes.
    No touch at all. No spezial buttons (Back, Menu etc below). Not dependend on any specific APP. 
    Lock Screen, unlock Screen and - how magic - it works again. For 10 minutes until 2 hours. 

@NOKIA / HMD Global:
    How can I change the device? Updates do not seem to fix it. 
    Do all Nokia 7 Plus are affected? 

• It seems it is not a software issue.You can give your phone to Nokia Care and get the touch panel replaced.
  • This is not a software issue. i recently got my nokia 7 plus screen replaced by nokia care and its working fine after that. screen replacement is only the way here. I had tried many options but trust me its a hardware issue. it took some time by nokia care but got my phone fixed.
  • How many days they took? My device is in nokia care from 9th aug

• Parry Parry
     / 
    Frndz if you are using beta updates then u need to wait till 14 September fir solutions coz I asked Hmd they said we will get stable update with September update
  • it took 15 days
  • i did not submit my phone. they note and when the display arrived at the center then asked me to submit it and returned it till evening. fine n working properly
  • zahed zahed
    ✭✭  / 
    Same issue .
  • Zisco Zisco
    ✭✭  /  edited September 2018

I have suffered this problem for about 2 months, without any improvement, every day the touch screen failed several times, some days worse than others, but now I have 7 days without any touch problem, very strange, it never happened before.

This happened to someone of you?

• this happend with me, problem will be occurred again my device is in service centre for 30 days