Face unlock Nokia 7 plus - how to make it work?

It's included in the specifications but I can't find it in settings.

Face unlock Nokia 7 plus - how to make it work?

chriswopet chriswopet
 /  edited October 25

It's included in the specifications but I can't find it in settings.

Comments

• Unknown
     /  edited September 2

Hi user1525416021491

The face unlock at Nokia 7 plus is currently not available but we aim to bring this to you later in Q2. 

Please stay tuned. 

Have a nice day, 

Laura     

• user1524501771221 user1524501771221
    ✭✭  /  edited May 7

Why you guys have removed the Google Smartlock trusted face? 

• Jozef Jozef
     /  edited May 28

My 7+ came with android 8.0 pre-installed. Face unlock worked fine on that version. After upgrading to android 8.1 the face unlock is gone. I don't understand why. I purchased this phone because it is advertised as 'Android one'. On your site https://www.nokia.com/en_us/phones/android it says "the Nokia smartphones with Android One stay secure and feature the latest Google innovations ". I assumed that meant getting everything that is in Google's android. 

• Jozef Jozef
     / 

I got an update yesterday. Face unlock now works fine. Thank you. 

Sorry about the bad copy/paste in my previous post.

• Jarvislopes Jarvislopes
     / 
    I recently bought the phone it was preloaded with 8.1 n I cannot find face unlock I've seen alot of other people post videos about it on YouTube.. in April 2018 we're in June... So am I missing something here ?
  • Jozef Jozef
     /  edited August 20

@user1526756072037

My phone came with 8.0 preloaded. After updating to 8.1 face unlock was gone. Last week my phone got the may 1 security update and face unlock is working again. You can find it under Settings -> Security & location -> Smart lock -> Trusted face

• Jarvislopes Jarvislopes
     / 
    I know about trusted face....it's a Google preload .. I'm taking about faceunlock in settings- security& location- faceunlock people who had the 8 and upgraded to 8.1 got it but those who had 8.1 out of the box don't have that option
  • Unknown
     /  edited August 28

Hi all out there, 

with the latest update the face unlock at Nokia 7 plus is now available again. 

Just checking if it works for you all?

Best regards, 

Laura

• Hi Laura,

My Nokia & plus got 1st May security update and with that update mobile has got a new feature trusted face...... but it is very very unresponsive....  When you mention face unlock is available again; do you mean trusted face or dedicated face unlock feature?

Thanks

• Pruthvi Raj Pruthvi Raj
     /  edited May 29
    @Krishnendu dutta I think it's just trusted face because the dedicated face unlock feature is not yet released in India (Mine is indian unit) it is only available in China. But we can expect this on 3rd or 4th update
  • Hi Laura,
    When will the security update for face unlock release for Indian units?
  • Navjot Navjot
     / 
    Will 6.1 also get dedicated face unlock frautre? Since Chinese version already got.
  • ramz6 ramz6
     / 
    Go to settings and go to security and location and there you can find smart lock and enter into it by typing your pin in case if you are using fingerprint there you can see the option trusted face it is Google's face unlock by the way Nokia 7 plus hasn't received the face unlock from nokia
  • Mnsher Mnsher
     / 
    Yep. No face unlock, and yahoo doesnt work on wifi as well twitter works fine on data. i guess alot of buge in nokia 7 plus may update.
  • Hi, I got June security patch update in Nokia 7 Plus and I have installed today. I don't see face unlock feature yet. I had a chat with Nokia Agent yesterday. I was told that face unlock would come with June security patch update. But I don't see it. Can Nokia Agent answer why it is not provided?

• klvenky klvenky
     / 

Even I didn't find the face unlock. i got my Nokia 7 Plus preinstalled with android 8.1 oreo. I have got may and june updates, but still not able to find the face unlock. Let me know the details. I am from India just in case needed. 

Also this comment section is not visible, even after logging in. I am a web developer so I removed the display:none style to see it :p

• Hi, I doesn't have the face unlock too.
    Nokia 7 plus, Android 8.1

when it will be available again?
  • Even after the July update the face unlock feature isn't working.. It only recognizes the face during setting it up.. After that even if i try n number of times.. The face unlock feature isn't working. Any idea or news when we're actually gonna get it? Because i see in some posts that few users are already having access to face unlock.. Its not fair that only few have and the majority don't have the access
  • How can i get face unlock update modle 1046 pakistan
  • MUNEEZ DHEVAN MUNEEZ DHEVAN
     /  edited September 2
    I bought Nokia 7 plus on 16.08.18 it has been preload is 8.1 Oreo and how can I use face unlock security feature I need this feature give me a solution as soon as possible.
  • Face unlock is not available for india right now. Face unlock will be available shortly. 

• When will the face unlock be available for Indian units who have updated to android P?
  • I have got my nokia 7 plus 1 month ago with android 8.1 and i didn't find the settings faceunlock i juste got the smart lock face reconization for google and after the android 9 update even the face reconization doesn't work again. Any one can help me please ??
  • Face unlock feature is not provided to Nokia 7 Plus yet even in android pie update.
  • swagato swagato
     / 
    Noki 7 plus have no face unlock fractures.
    In settings>security>smart lock> face unlock i found that it cannot identify between face & other object.
    I think that is not face unlock... It is picture unlock..no matter whether it is face or any other object.