Background Service Killed even when whitelisted - Page 2

Hmd please sort this out for future updates. You are destroying great apps.  https://www.reddit.com/r/Nokia/comments/ab5gs7/sleep_as_android_issue_with_pie

Background Service Killed even when whitelisted

Comments

• cjk28 cjk28
     / 
    Hmd please sort this out for future updates. You are destroying great apps. 

https://www.reddit.com/r/Nokia/comments/ab5gs7/sleep_as_android_issue_with_pie
  • Hi everyone, take a look at https://dontkillmyapp.com/ for hints on how to remedy these issues for Nokia and other manufacturers that do similar bullshit to their phones...
  • Trying to get some attention on twitter too :-)
  • todesurteil todesurteil
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Is there no one that can write a app with some code to block this code from running or disable it in some way? Or will you need to root your device for such app to be able to run and disable the process? Just wondering?
  • madbilly madbilly
    ✭✭✭✭  /  edited January 6
    Hi all,

I just found out about this from the Nokiamob post earlier today. This sounds like a very annoying issue for those affected. I have a Nokia 8 and I don't think it battery saving is so aggressive on this phone, but then I don't use sports activity trackers.

I have several apps running in the background which seem to work okay (messaging, email and news apps) and others that seem to get killed (or not start on boot) (other messaging apps). I can't see a pattern.

I have noticed that my phone only really keeps 3 apps in recent view long term (a day) max 6 short term (minutes). But these are foreground apps aren't they?

The best thing to do is keep raising the issue with support. I wish I'd known about this before I went to Dubai, it's something I would have tried to ask about.

Good luck :)
  • todesurteil todesurteil
    ✭✭✭  / 
    madbilly said:
    Hi all,
    {edited}...
    The best thing to do is keep raising the issue with support. I wish I'd known about this before I went to Dubai, it's something I would have tried to ask about.

Good luck :)
     :o  :# They might have arrested you and thrown you in a jail there if you dared ask questions about this @madbilly and then we would have been communicating with you from a Dubai jail. 
    [Just joking]...   

• madbilly madbilly
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    You should have heard some of the questions I did ask!
  • demonicshady demonicshady
    ✭✭  / 
    This problem is really annoying on Nokia 2
  • sotosev sotosev
    ✭✭  / 
    I have similar  problem in a Rotation control app. After approximately 30 min app closes and I need to run it again. Thanks guys given me  a solution of killing battery protection app. 
  • Saeb said:
    ok I un installed with adb in my nokia 7 plus with android pie

adb shell
    pm list packages|grep com.evenwell.powersaving.g3
    pm uninstall --user 0 com.evenwell.powersaving.g3 
    pm uninstall --user 0 com.evenwell.powersaving.g3.overlay.base.s600ww

I`ll let you know If this solved my problem or not

Hi there

This solution isn't working in my case. I unistalled:

1:
    com.evenwell.batteryprotect
    com.evenwell.batteryprotect.overlay.base.s600ww

and

2:
    com.evenwell.powersaving.g3 
    com.evenwell.powersaving.g3.overlay.base.s600ww

I use mi band 3, mi band & tools and sleep as android. In app & notifications is mentioned that "pattery protection" (1) and "powersaving" (2) are not installed for this user. 

But I have during the day short gaps in heart rate monitoring and long gaps in the night often starts up when I go to bed till I use my phone firstly in the next morning. So sleep as android didn't catch my movements and heart rate to monitoring my sleep.

Any ideas?

Best regards,
    Peter
  • Saeb said:

adb shell

I don't know if this forum is still active but I too had issues and thanks to you I uninstalled it too with adb with little help of your code
  • Boris Mitov Boris Mitov
    ✭✭  / 
    Saeb said:

adb shell

Hi there

This solution isn't working in my case. I unistalled:

1:
    com.evenwell.batteryprotect
    com.evenwell.batteryprotect.overlay.base.s600ww

and

2:
    com.evenwell.powersaving.g3 
    com.evenwell.powersaving.g3.overlay.base.s600ww

I use mi band 3, mi band & tools and sleep as android. In app & notifications is mentioned that "pattery protection" (1) and "powersaving" (2) are not installed for this user. 

But I have during the day short gaps in heart rate monitoring and long gaps in the night often starts up when I go to bed till I use my phone firstly in the next morning. So sleep as android didn't catch my movements and heart rate to monitoring my sleep.

Any ideas?

Best regards,
    Peter
    This should be more problem of mi band 3 not picking your heart rate during these times as the band it self stores the data even if not connected for a few hours. 
    I also use mi band 3 with nokia 7.1 at the moment and even when i find the band disconnected from my phone (the scrached Bluetooth symbol on the display of the band) i don't have gaps in the readings although i use Mi fit for tracking. 
    Just today i read about that problem with the battey app that kills background applications and i will most likely try to eliminate it so i do get my notifications on time as this is critical for my job. 
  • It wasn't the mi band 3, I solved the problem so:

there are 2 possibilities to connect mi band 3 with the smartphone, only thru mi fit app or over bluetooth as device ("mi fit -> mi band 3 -> Unlock screen). After I changed that, it works without gaps.

• Boris Mitov Boris Mitov
    ✭✭  / 
    This problem should be taken care of. The killing of the apps is very bad. I have nokia 7.1 and the problem is present and very annoying. Every app is reloading on reopening. 
    Check the findings here on this site. I am not sure the solution is working tho.
    https://dontkillmyapp.com/nokia
  • I bought Nokia 6.1 Plus a few days ago.
    I unistalled the app using the following commands:

It seems to be ok.

But when I leave the battery running, the phone switch off after reaching 1% of battery level.
    I expect it to shutdown gracefully when the battery is running out like all the other Android phones.
    Does it relate to the removed apps?
    Or should I go and get a replaced handset?

Thanks a lot.

• madbilly madbilly
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    @Ah Sing good feedback on this fix and how it's affected behaviour when the battery runs out. Doing this could kill the battery, which would be worse than having to reload apps.
  • I would also appreciate if this issue would be fixed. I cannot use SleepAsAndroid anymore because my alarm won't ring.
  •  Uninstalling com.evenwell.powersaving.g3 using adb doesn't work, app can't even be deactivated.

Also com.evenwell.powersaving.g3.overlay.base.s600ww can't be uninstalled, but at least I was able to deactivate it, but it didn't help to prevent the app being killed.

Using a TA-1043 with Android 8.1.0 (May 2018).

I uninstalled com.evenwell.emm as well. Now the phone is very fluidic and responsive. No apps are autokilled. I use Nokia 2.1
  • This issue is severely limiting the usefulness of your phones, Nokia! 

Many apps require background services running for them to work properly. I have at least 4 different apps for syncing stuff between PC and phone, work related stuff related to geofencing and tracking etc. that doesn't work because these services are killed. 

We have also started to warn our customers against buying Nokia (and a few other) devices because of this issue. 
  • Danie Danie
    ✭✭  / 
    igniztion said:
    This issue is severely limiting the usefulness of your phones, Nokia! 

Many apps require background services running for them to work properly. I have at least 4 different apps for syncing stuff between PC and phone, work related stuff related to geofencing and tracking etc. that doesn't work because these services are killed. 

We have also started to warn our customers against buying Nokia (and a few other) devices because of this issue. 

If only it was possible to adjust this the way you want it to work.  Maybe allow some background apps to run longer than others or at least be able to adjust the killing to be on or off based on personal preference or adjust the time delay before apps would be killed etc.
  • sravan5227 sravan5227
    ✭✭  / 
    Please sign the petition and share as much as you can

http://chng.it/NHYzP74wkF
  • sravan5227 sravan5227
    ✭✭  / 
    Please sign this petition and share as much as possible

http://chng.it/6KV6S5gQr4
  • My mi band 3 disconnected automatically plz say guys how to solve the problem
  • Spox Spox
    ✭✭  / 
    Nearly september and still not fixed on my nokia 5.1 all the dont kil my app stuff but it doesnt work.
  • amal joe amal joe
    ✭✭  / 
    Applock is the most affected service. I would lock an app. after a few minutes app lock would stop and anyone can open the locked app. When I relaunch Applock, I have to give all accessibility services from the beginning. :/