No notification sound

I am a Nokia fan Where I am now using a Nokia 8 When I purchased the device name there is no issue in notification sound , when I receive a mail / what's app message the notification sound will came .

No notification sound

System System
 /  edited May 6
I am a Nokia fan
Where I am now using a Nokia 8
When I purchased the device name there is no issue in notification sound , when I receive a mail / what's app message the notification sound will came .
But after two days there is no sound for notification , I checked the notification settings of phone as well the app
But both are enabled , but still no sound for the notification, but while getting an incoming call , ringtone is ok
Kindly help me to resolve the same

Comments

• pikachu pikachu
    ✭✭  /  edited May 6
    I've exactly the same issue. Whenever I get any notification, there's no sound. And I've enabled sounds in notification for the app. Whatsapp and Gmail never have any notification sound. It's not good. Nokia needs to solve this issue
  • Unknown
     /  edited May 13
    Yes i have also the same problem. Seems a bug in oreo 8.1/8.0.
    Temporary solution - restart your device then notification sounds should start working correctly.
  • kael kael
     /  edited May 13

I don't get any notification after glance is turned off. Glance turn off in a pocket or after 20 minutes, and then there is no sound notification for gmail, viber, whatsapp... I checked settings, did factory reset after upgrade to april security patch, turn it off and on but nothing helps. When i put sim card in my old lg g2 everything works fine...

• Shantanu Shantanu
     /  edited September 17
    Nokia have N no. of software bug, even it doesn't help you on basic job like call and notification, need to format once in a 2 month, else you will no longer to attend the the call as only screen will flash during call without any ring. Ph software/apps are upto date, Now each day i m rebooting the ph to get notification sound and call ringing to bump. Its a issue update after 8.1 and seems Nokia don't have software developer team to fix it, they just completely dependent on Google to get it free. Till that users are responsible for bug issue, Nokia just handover from it !!!