May security updates...

Why May security update is not out till now?Nokia promised to get any android update as soon as available because nokia 7 + is a android one device.But it's…

May security updates...

user1525187883329 user1525187883329
 /  edited May 2018
Why May security update is not out till now?Nokia promised to get any android update as soon as available because nokia 7 + is a android one device.But it's not happening in real.

Comments

• thursfield thursfield
    ✭✭  /  edited May 2018
    Google just released it for their devices. How is Nokia supposed to update before Google does. Have patience it will come.
  • Trveller72 Trveller72
    ✭✭  /  edited May 2018

May security updates?

In Ireland/UK we did not get yet the April updates.

We are stuck to February security patch and Android 8.0

• thursfield thursfield
    ✭✭  / 
    Really? I picked up the phone here in Sweden like 2 weeks ago and it updated to 8.1 directly with April security patch. I have the Android One version, but if you are in the UK/Ireland I would guess you do to.
  • user1521638886532 user1521638886532
     /  edited May 2018

same here,stuck on  February security patch and Android 8.0

• puneet puneet
    ✭✭✭  /  edited May 2018
    Same here. Waiting for the may security update to bring with it some fixes and optimisations.
  • thisismyusername thisismyusername
     /  edited May 2018

May security update? Please, I'm stuck (like a lot of people) to the february patch ¬_¬

Nokia official statement : "Please note that the quoted release dates refer to the live releases for the first approved markets. In general, the release may take several days to reach all consumers within an approved market". (source : https://www.nokia.com/en_int/phones/security-updates)

Several days? More like several weeks (for now)

• Amit Amit
     /  edited May 2018

Hi Puneet, Could you please check if your Nokia 7 plus supports Vodafone India VoLTE. It is not working in my case while Jio is fine.

• puneet puneet
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Unfortunely, my area doesn't have volte services of Vodafone and so, I can't test it.
  • pruthvi raj pruthvi raj
    ✭✭  / 
    Nokia 7 plus indian unit got the April update and I updated and I'm waiting for may......can any having an issue of automatically answering rejecting incoming calls while the mobile in pocket???
  • puneet puneet
    ✭✭✭  /  edited May 2018
    I am literally shocked to see so many bugs in a stock Android device. It almost feels like a test product to me.
  • puneet puneet
    ✭✭✭  / 
    So, no update yet for the month of may.
  • balachandar balachandar
    ✭✭  /  edited May 2018

Today Nokia 5 & 6(2018) got May security updates, came to know through twitter,

• A-Lex79 A-Lex79
     /  edited May 2018
    Any kind of update at all would be encouraging.

At the moment my 'Pure, Secure and up to date', Android One running Nokia 7 Plus is 1 Android version behind the latest and 3 months (1 whole yearly quarter) behind on security.

Not quite so Secure and up to date it would seem eh HMD?

It's also so full of bugs that it could at best be considered beta firmware!
  • vibhor vibhor
    ✭✭✭  / 

Nokia is much ahead in giving regular updates to android one devices compared to other vendors.

Infact there updates are more bugfree if you compare with other vendors. Have patience and check the update history of nonkia. You will notice that most of the updates are almost out by 15 of each month.

• Trveller72 Trveller72
    ✭✭  /  edited May 2018
    That is great, but my Nokia is on a 3 month old security patch. Not to mention that is still on Android 8.0.
    I hope it will get better after the first update
  •  In India it is available

• It's disappointing, my Sony Xperia XZ had the May security update like a week ago, and here's my Nokia 7 Plus running Android One still haven't got the update...

• barbatrukko barbatrukko
     / 

Also here in Italy still 8.0 Feb patch

• thursfield thursfield
    ✭✭  / 

Have people stuck on 8.0 tried the old trick forcing the update by using a VPN?

My phone updated to 8.1 directly as I booted it up, straight out of the box. I didn't insert my SIM Card until after I had done the initial setup.  I have the version released in the EU, dual SIM model, TA-1046.

• Trveller72 Trveller72
    ✭✭  / 
    Which country are you in?
  • thursfield thursfield
    ✭✭  /  edited May 2018

I'm in Sweden. Important to note though, I'm still on the April security update. But checking the dates it was released last month for the difference phones, I'm sure may security update vill be here soon.

Pressing on April here gives a list and dates they actually released last month's for the difference devices

https://www.nokia.com/en_int/phones/security-updates

• In you tube video latest release has been already deployed in China not in India
    In new patch face id camera UI dual volte support features has been embedded.
  • vibhor vibhor
    ✭✭✭  /  edited May 2018

The may security update is on its way. Since the phone is recently launched in india , we can expect some recent bug fixes in new update. Also there is very high chance of having dual 4g support and face unclock to be present in may update. This can be the reason why the security update for may is bit delayed.

• Grzesio Grzesio
    ✭✭  /  edited May 2018
    So, we're waiting for may update with new funcionality (i hope so) :-)
  • thursfield thursfield
    ✭✭  /  edited May 2018
    That's what I think as well. They might be updating the camera app and fixing the issues some people have with Bluetooth. I rather they do that, then just rush out the security patch. But of course it could been a small update, before bug fix one. My guess is that it's more economical for them to do it all in one go.
  • Grzesio Grzesio
    ✭✭  / 
    Yes, I agree with You.
  • barbatrukko barbatrukko
     / 

Hi,

here still Android 8.0 Patch Feb.

TA-1055 in Italy.

• quigger quigger
    ✭✭  /  edited May 2018

Hi Guys,

I've created a Google doc (open to all) here for recording N7+ status:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1MqEqkK4yXq12UB7u2wFs-iQ_1SYVAPvbJFwSGaAlX5w/edit#gid=0

If you feel inclined - you can post your device info and OS/security patch level and locale.

We may get to see some patterns?

Cheers,

Jason.

• user1525447581466 user1525447581466
     /  edited May 2018
    I just got an update
    Says it has ui enhancements and improved system stability. Will update after installation.
    Size is 441.7 MB
  • user1525447581466 user1525447581466
     /  edited May 2018
    Can confirm running may security patch.
    Ui has a darker tone to it
Prev1