Because it's still not DP3

[ADP is closed]Welcome to the Android Developer Preview

Comments

• Amaze balls Amaze balls
    ✭✭✭  /  edited June 2018
    Because it's still not DP3
  • vjman vjman
     /  edited June 2018
    This seems to be a combination of DP2 and DP3. For example, the "clear button" is missing whereas the upgraded version name is Android 9 (which is in accordance with Google's DP3). However, this build seems smoother, has the June security patch and has a lot of new features incorporated, especially, related to ambient display.
  • When I read the Nokia 7plus community on Google+, it is DP3 / beta 2

• kiko05 kiko05
    ✭✭  / 
    this is not normal after installing android p beta my battery draining fast and my mobile feel hot everytime..

hoping for response..
    thanks
  • Sergio Ureña Sergio Ureña
     /  edited June 2018

The battery drains very quickly, it would be necessary to launch a patch or update immediately to solve this, otherwise the beta works slightly better than the previous one.

✭✭✭  /  edited June 2018
    Is everyone having the battery drain issue ?
  • kimo kimo
     / 

@laura any timeline for OTA?

• vjman vjman
     /  edited June 2018
    Battery drain is very, very bad. It's become progressively worse. My Nokia 7+ has lost 24% in under 3 hours with barely half an hour of screen-on time! This needs some major fixing! The previous beta wasn't this bad in terms of battery life.
  • vjman vjman
     /  edited June 2018
    The battery bug is really annoying now. With WiFi, data and Bluetooth connectivity switched off, battery dropped to 11% from 75% overnight! What's worse/weird is that this was after charging to 100%. However, when I charged to only 60% today morning, the battery life seems way more stable, but, still needs plenty of optimisation work!
    ✭✭✭  /  edited June 2018
    Why is no one replying from Nokia ?
  • kimo kimo
     /  edited June 2018
    Any news Laura, the current build is extremely bad ( due to extreme battery drainage, and not matching current android SDK API's ) thus it would be very nice of nokia to tell us to roll back to Oreo ( if a delivery date for P3 is uncertain ), or just tell us it's coming on with a certain degree of confidence.

( As many of you know nokia is not going to respond hopefully that changes )
  • tibo tibo
     / 
    Hi there try this for the battery drain https://www.reddit.com/r/Nokia/comments/7gwqys/nokia_5_on_android_712_choppy/

Seems to be working for me battery usage is now fine
  • vjman vjman
     / 
    Disappointed, but, I had no other choice. I've rolled back to Oreo because of bad, non-tested releases by HMD. I'm fine with things like Bluetooth not being upto the mark, but, a bad battery is an absolute no-go. However, I still have faith in HMD/Nokia to give us a good, stable Android P build a couple of months down the line.
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Laura will reply on Tuesday I guess because it's the weekend and she said before that she have other work on Monday
  • kiko05 kiko05
    ✭✭  /  edited June 2018
    hi laura
    where are you now...

update please regarding on the OTA UPDATE for nokia 7 plus DP3 really nokia need to fix about battery issue on this DP2..

Thank you..
  • kimo kimo
     /  edited June 2018

@Laura this is not acceptable at all.

Having to wait an average time of a week or more just for a response is not acceptable at all. Keeping the community in the dark will only harm HMD Global Brand name, Nokia Support is already a mess, Every Nokia Phone has a locked boot-loader and it seems you don't value our feedback at all, maybe shutting down the forum can save Nokia some hosting fees and may @Laura make your job easier.

• user1530115798071 user1530115798071
     /  edited June 2018

so, no reply to my comment, but u had time to delete it.. good job.

✭✭✭  /  edited June 2018
    Worst company ever
  • kimo kimo
     / 
    Going to report this XDA press. This is not acceptable by any means to have the community suffer while you @laura do nothing.
    I wonder if Nokia has become a third-world company.
    My guess you and your supervisor should be fired deleting , and replies would only make the community worst.
  • kiko05 kiko05
    ✭✭  / 
    my battery on my nokia 7 plus is draining so fast i sleep with around 25 percent when i wake up it's already empty,no ota update to fix this issue.considering this an android one devices that should get update 2nd to pixel phones
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Forget updating.. they're not even replying now
  • Hi,

The latest posts on this topic are a lot of whining and crying about Nokia.
    Let me talk a bit about how I look at Nokia and this forum.

I think Nokia is still market leader when it comes to regular updates and security updates. The Galaxy S7 of my sister received Oreo a few weeks ago, almost a year after initial release of 8.0

The new element for us and Nokia is the developer preview. When you are used to Nexus or Pixel devices, all is crystal clear: the day after releasing an update, factory images are online and a day later the OTA files will follow. Also you can read all the details about the changes. Here it goes wrong with Nokia. After almost 4 weeks we still don’t have a genuine DP3. On the forum are no answers and we have no idea of any ETA.

A few minor changes would help a lot imo: Laura should be able to work fulltime for the forum ( I think it is still quite special that you can adress your questions to a specific person, I’ve never ever seen anything like that with Samsung, Google, HTC or whatever brand )

There should be a weekly update from a person who is in the middle of the Nokia developer preview team. He/she could give all the technical information and explain the troubles they are facing. Give us ETA’s too. It’s no problem if you have to wait, but knowing a timeline would help a lot. ( on the site I find: “OTA comes very soon”but what is very soon? A week, a month? )

Please ask Google to assist you in the process of updating to DP4 - DP5 -etc. The Nokia 7 plus runs stock Android, so it must be a minor effort to update with the speed Google manages this.

I hope the forum will be the place again to exchange information and questions. Not only to tell us that “Nokia is crap and Laura should do this and that”

Laura:  keep going and tell your bosses that the support forum is a very important place to stay in touch with your loyal customers.

A nice day to you all!

• kiko05 kiko05
    ✭✭  / 
    this community is useless then..
  • user1528259444951 user1528259444951
     /  edited June 2018

I have already rolled back to Android O.. I cant keep the phone plugged in all the time

•  found cause of micro card... somehow new update smth did wrong which leads to card failure. now my card for 30€ is broken. thanks android. first time android, never again.

• Unknown
     /  edited July 2018

Hi all, 

I don’t know  when DP3 is coming or when OTA will be ready for support, but as soon as I get news on it I will post it. If I don’t post I don’t know anything new. Sorry for that. 

@René:  kudos, we are working on improving the forum, so it will be easier for you and  for us :). Actually, my function is the moderation of the forum and not  answering all the questions (since this is a peer-to-peer forum). I step in when needed or when I can really  help with questions, but official communication for updates usually starts when the update is about to roll out. Before that I don’t know anything about it. 

Best regards, 

Laura

P.S. Yes, some posts got deleted, not really because of the content, but  because of the language. There are >rules< in this community and you all agree on them when posting.

• DP4 images are live for Google Pixel.
    This is the chance for Nokia to let forget all the previous troubles. Give us the DP4 OTA for Nokia 7plus as soon as possible! Can't wait.
  • TheGrandVezir TheGrandVezir
     /  edited July 2018
    DP4 images live. Perfect opportunity for Nokia to do a hard reset on this beta program. And deliver the updates via OTA. I hope we won't have to wait too long and that when we do get the update it's not another guesswork about whether it's 'real' dp4 or not. That's unnecessarily obfuscatory.
    Anyways, kudos to all the work the devs are putting in. I know software development is hard.
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Hah forget DP4 when are we getting a proper DP3 ?
  • Unknown
     /  edited July 2018
    Go, go, go Nokia, we believe in you, Essential already released DP4 ;)