• kimo kimo
     / 

any news ?? 

• kiko05 kiko05
    ✭✭  / 
    still no update until now!!!come on nokia
  • TheGrandVezir TheGrandVezir
     /  edited July 2018
    I know it's been said alot and Laura gives excuses now and then. But this is a rather poor handling of this beta program.
    Everything so far shows a lack of preparation for what it entails.
    They simply shouldn't have taken it on if they weren't prepared.
    What use is a developer Preview device that gives me no access to the latest previews in a reasonably timely fashion.
    And this is an 'android one' device for that matter.

Absolutely poor handling.
  • kimo kimo
     / 
    Nokia just delete the community better than having your employees defending moderates ( other nokia employees ) it's a shame that a "A community hero" is that and it's also a unfortunate that you consider this a community for your customers , i would recommend to handle this developer preview as it should be ( not as a preview for Nokia's development team ) , also don't delete posts for disagreeing with you the 7 plus already has several deal breaking problems ( touch and LTE... ) Listen to our feedback please.
  • Tried to revert to 8.1 after trying the beta. Wifi and sim card refuse to work, so have to run beta until problem is resolved. 

• kiko05 kiko05
    ✭✭  / 
    i guess we will receive the ota update for nokia 7 plus dp3 on july 14,because last month that is the date they push security update that role us back to oreo 8.1
  • How to nokia 8 android p
  • Jozef Jozef
     / 
    So now that it's impossible to sideload the beta if you have applied the July security patch, does this mean that we are finally going to get an update of the beta also?
    Nokia has so far handled this beta very poorly, however at I am convinced that they are trying hard to remedy this as they clearly care about getting security patches out in a reasonably timely manner.
    @Laura an update would be greatly appreciated.
  • Nokia 8 high prise bajet phone

But why to nokia 7 plus very fast in android p when the nokia 8 new update
  • Dear Laura,

Rather than just jumping into the train and working on android p (which is not a bad thing), Kindly just fix the lag issues and battery issues on the current firmware. Currently am using the nokia 7 plus and just bought the phone yesterday and am facing a lot of lags and studders like when using the double tap of recent key and stuff. The entire ui is studdering. Kindly please look into it and fix these issues please. Please dont let down you customers.

Hope you take this seriously and thanks.
  • Still no news?!
  • Unknown
     /  edited July 2018

Hi all, 

New Android P– DP3 V3.110 is out now and available for sideload and OTA. 

Please read the update in my initial post. 

Have fun testing. 

Best regards,  

Laura

• Not available in nokia 8 how
  • Hi user1528518516615

the Android P preview is only available for Nokia 7 plus. 

Please check the >>FAQ<< for further questions. 

Thank you and best regards, 

Laura 

• Dmitriy Dmitriy
     /  edited July 2018

Laura, OTA update  is a great news :)

Will it be availible for all DP users? 
    When should we expect it to land?
    Is there a patchnote?

• user007 user007
    ✭✭  /  edited July 2018

@Laura @Skink 

I'm unable to find an option to enable gesture navigation, have you guys disabled it in this beta (4)? btw I did factory reset via recovery before flashing.

• Rj Paul Rj Paul
     /  edited July 2018
    I'm not getting the beta version via OTA. What's the process ?
    Please help me out Laura !!!
  • kimo kimo
     / 
    Thanks for DP4 
    But how can request the OTA?
  • Amaze balls Amaze balls
    ✭✭✭  / 
    @kimo it's DP3 not 4
  • user007 user007
    ✭✭  / 
    @Amaze balls, its DP3 from Nokia's side but its actually DP4 from Google's end.
  • Amaze balls Amaze balls
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Oh
  • Great news! 
    But how can I get the OTA update? When I check "updates"on my  ( registered DP phone ) it tells me I am up to date. Laura, please help, because I love to try it out!

Just refreshed "developers preview "website and now I see the OTA option! You have to request it.

• kiko05 kiko05
    ✭✭  /  edited July 2018
    i cannot wait for ota update already i flash it again using adb its has option now for theme,clear all button, battery issue i think also its gone,july patch,but gesture like android p was gone
  • jacobofski jacobofski
    ✭✭  / 

I decided today (2018/07/17) not to wipe my phone. I just applied the new beta and nothing is lost. No need to restore everything from Google. Then previous restore was 2,2gb 

• user007 user007
    ✭✭  /  edited July 2018
    So, you have gesture nav bar? And it is any better than the previous build?
  • Unknown
     /  edited July 2018

Can't activate gesture navigation anymore. Where are the settings gone? 

• When you press " recent apps" you see the new styled horizontal tabs. So part of gesture navigation is there. No " pill "
  • waltercch waltercch
     /  edited August 2018
    Bugs to be fixed
    1. No safety net
    2. Gesture missing
    4. 4G and the icon merged or messed up
    5. Other Android P main features