[ADP is closed]Welcome to the Android Developer Preview - Page 4

And hopefully Nokia will fix them via the small updates in Android P. Not just 1 update per month!

[ADP is closed]Welcome to the Android Developer Preview

Comments

• waltercch waltercch
     /  edited August 2018
    And hopefully Nokia will fix them via the small updates in Android P. Not just 1 update per month!
  • user1528455403262 user1528455403262
     /  edited August 2018

Nokia 7 plus, 4G icon wrong. When you dial a number in the telephone you didnt saw the call. The call is on the background. The same if somebody calls you. The phone didnt ring and appears in missed calls. This is a huge bug. And the last, safety net problem and gestures.

• The same happned to me with DP3, problems with 4g icon and calls...

• For update via ota...
    First you have to request for ota from android p developer preview website.
    Next you check for update from setting
    You will get the update
    Thank you
  • Unknown
     /  edited August 2018

Hi out there, 

Great to see that the OTA is found and working :). Could you please report bugs you find via the integrated CF app, in addition please discuss found issues in the Developer Preview discussion sub-forum (there you find and Known issue list  as well). Everyone registered for the Android Developer Preview should have access to this and our Technical Moderators can have a look at it. 

Thanks and best regards, 

Laura

• user007 user007
    ✭✭  /  edited July 2018

@Laura, please confirm if the gesture navigation has been intentionally disabled cos during the setup it was showing the new back button (as in dp4 by google). Or there is a setting to re-enable it which none of us is able to locate.

• user1531895841384 user1531895841384
    ✭✭  /  edited July 2018
    Can anyone help me how to activate the swipe to home button gesture in android p beta 3 as it is not present in gesture.
  • user1528215133904 user1528215133904
     /  edited July 2018

i just downgraded using ota and am not getting the latest update 2.22A am in 2.13B. What should i do?

• user1528215133904 user1528215133904
     /  edited July 2018

@Laura Please help us out here am not getting the 2.22a update

• jacobofski jacobofski
    ✭✭  /  edited July 2018

@Abees Khan B.K.. Download the latest update and sideload it. 

• jacobofski jacobofski
    ✭✭  / 
    There will be no security patches. This a development project from Google and there was in the past an update for the about every month. I don't even bother with OTA updates. I just download the latest update from Nokia and sideload it on my device. And my experience show that the latest beta update is between 10 to 14 days later than the update for the Google Pixel range of phones. So gentlemen be patient with Nokia as they modify this update to include their camera and a few other pieces of code to give you a genuine Nokia experience.
  • Please make that we can roll back to the last version of Android Oreo because no we are getting Android ore with the security update from April which is ****.
  • After the rollback via OTA to Android Oreo. Device stuck with the security update from April showing device is up to date..what is this?
  • The pill at the bottom of the screen is gone.. It was good.. But now its not to be seen.
  • @jacobofski What we are talking about is the rollback to android Oreo, which is still on the april security update
  • jacobofski jacobofski
    ✭✭  / 
    I know about the security update date. I used beta 1 for two days and then I reverted back to Oreo. The Oreo Rom is still an April version. I also wondered because some who used Oreo reported a June security update. But now I am using beta 3. I have had no issues up to now. I did not even wipe my phone before side loading it. And I lost no data at all.
    The only issue that I had was with a modded version of Pixel camera that I use. And last night an app that don't use anymore failed in the background. My battery life is more than one day.
  • Unknown
     /  edited August 2018

Installed the latest DP.

My first impressions:

- everything is very smooth. Lots of small animation changes. They look nice.

- love the new font!

- no connection errors with wifi or bluetooth.

- when somebody calls me, I see no "phone "screen. But I found a solution: I installed good old AnyDo app and activated call options. Now when I get called, caller screen shows up! For the time being this will do.

- I miss the pill too. But when you press "recnt apps "button, you see the same horizontal tabs as in gesture navigation. You can also swipe from left to right. So, I don't really miss the pill.

- battery: I understand that adaptive battery has to learn your habits. It will take a week or two. So far no dramatic battery usage.

For me the latest DP is a good daily driver. 

• kiko05 kiko05
    ✭✭  / 
    i agree with you rene,i think the navigation gesture cause the battery to drain fast and cause heating problem that why they decided to hide for now until the final and stable os of android p.
  • devesh devesh
     /  edited July 2018
    Why we are not getting new gestures like that of iOS in latest beta version?
  • Can anyone tell me what does the slider in the new volume controll do with the human as symbol? I change it thousend times and i cant find out for what it is :P

• @Laura Why are we not getting updates to latest build as we roll backed? We are stuck on April Patch. Help us too please

• Laura I am not able to get security patch update and I am stuck on April security patch after rolling back from Android P via OTA . Urgent help needed . Kindly respond!!!
  • Unknown
     /  edited July 2018

Hello user1525929025488, 

please check out this >>topic<<. You are not the only one and we try to figure out why this is happening. 

Best regards, 

Laura 

• gururaju n gururaju n
     /  edited August 2018
    Please let us know once Android P DP5 (Beta4) released.
  • Well according to nokia it will be DP4 Beta 4.
    And might have to wait around a week and so.
  • ZKRT08 ZKRT08
     / 
    I have been using DP3 for the past week.
    I find a high idle battery drain compared to the previous update.
    I even installed BBS to check for the problem and found out that the phone never sleeps and remains awake even after screen off. Also there is no app or process in the background to keep the phone awake. Pleae fix this issue.
  • devesh devesh
     / 
    Will we get beta 4/ DP4 or we will directly get stable version of Android P?
  • jacobofski jacobofski
    ✭✭  /  edited August 2018
    I use DP3 and I have no issues with battery life. After 29 hours I still have 24% battery life left. If your battery manager is switched on, switch it off. It was the main culprit for low battery life since DP2.
  • ZKRT08 ZKRT08
     /  edited August 2018
    I saw in the BBS and found that the phone never went into deep sleep. It was always awake while the screen was off. I even tried switching off the battery manager but it did not improve the situation. The main culprit that I found through BBS was that 633.6 MHz CPU state was awake all the time and CPU were not in deep sleep.
  • harisr0309 harisr0309
    ✭✭  / 
    Android pill not available in Android p beta v3.1.1 how can I enable it