[ADP is closed]Welcome to the Android Developer Preview - Page 5

If you had looked into this thread before commenting, you would have already figured out that the Pill navigation gestures are removed in Beta 3.

[ADP is closed]Welcome to the Android Developer Preview

Comments

• sirgarmaples sirgarmaples
    ✭✭  / 

If you had looked into this thread before commenting, you would have already figured out that the Pill navigation gestures are removed in Beta 3. Let's see what'll change in public release or Beta 4.

• harisr0309 harisr0309
    ✭✭  / 
    When will we get dp5 beta 4 as said by Google
    Or dp4 beta 4 as said by Nokia or will we get a direct stable official update
  • Androidpolice wrote minutes ago: "Mere minutes after Google announced the Android 9 Pie name and official launch, Essential has tweeted that its own Pie update is rolling out to the PH-1 right now."

Come on Nokia, we are still stuck on DP3 and this tiny company is delivering final built already.

Otherwise: please inform us of the timeframe of coming updates.

You can do better then this.

• mrlaemp mrlaemp
    ✭✭  / 
    Hey, when can we expect the Final Version of Android Pie?
  • devesh devesh
     / 
    As of now only pixel owners will be getting Android Pie. We will be getting it by November i hope
  • mrlaemp mrlaemp
    ✭✭  / 
    Sorry this is Not correct, Essential Phone User are getting the Update as well
  • devesh devesh
     / 
    I don't think essential phone users are getting Android Pie. I think they are in beta 4 only
  • markoman markoman
     / 
    Google Pixel and Essential are the first models wich gets the update.
  • devesh devesh
     / 
    Only pixel users
  • mrlaemp mrlaemp
    ✭✭  / 
    Nope, Essential Users are getting Thema Final Pie Version
    https://twitter.com/essential/status/1026516461907369984?s=19
    ✭✭  / 
    No, the Essential Phone and the Pixel phones have got the update. Now, we'll patiently wait for Nokia to release Beta 4 or the final release.
  • kiko05 kiko05
    ✭✭  / 
    we are on the last spot
  • jacobofski jacobofski
    ✭✭  /  edited August 2018
    You lot seems to be uninformed and very inpatient. We will get all the betas as Pixel and all the other phones in Project Treble. The other companies like Nokia has to modify the betas to include there own unique code like the cameras.
    ✭✭  /  edited August 2018
    Exactly. Everyone seems to think that Nokia would drop all the security updates they are working on for all of their phones from the past year and this year and work ONLY on ONE phone, that is, the Nokia 7 plus.
  • Mickey. Mickey.
     / 
    Please bring back the navigation gestures as that's the biggest change in and pie anyway so without it doesn't make much sense upgrading to pie.
    Also could the moderator should please tell us if we should expect one more beta update or we have to wait for the final build which has already been rolled out by android?
  • devesh devesh
     / 
    Ya, gesture navigation are required. Otherwise we doesn't get feel of using android 9
  • @SirGarmaples:

- Uninformed? I think members of this community are following the developments very close. In my case I follow all the relevant articles about Android and Nokia.

Impatient? Call us over-enthusiastic. And it is a great thing that so many people are interested in trying out the often instable previews.

- All focus on Nokia7?  No, of course not. But when a company commits itself to a developer preview program, they will certainly have a separate team working on that project.

I still love my 7plus and the fact that Nokia fills the gap that was left when Google left the Nexus project. Hope we get some good updates soon!

✭✭  / 
    Please wait everybody. 9.0 Pie just released yesterday and Nokia needs time to decide when to release or when to expect Beta 4 or Final release.
    Give them some time, and wait, since the Nokia 7 plus isn't the only phone they are working on. All their Nokia phones are due for a Android P update.
    ✭✭  / 
    Good points @René
    Nokia has a lot of bugs to clear in the Android Pie release so they might be ironing out all the bugs before releasing the Beta. Nokia moderators wouldn't take much time to reply, maybe a day or two.
  • Amaze balls Amaze balls
    ✭✭✭  / 
    The essential is doing a amazing job by the way and that's mainly because they have only one mode to focus Nokia is failing to provide good customer support because they released too much phones like 6.1 , 5.1, 3.1 etc
  • android pie has officially launched. nokia, then there is an update for nokia phones
  • devesh devesh
     / 
    There is no update
  • So nokia also have to September or late last year to have updated p android P
  • A-Lex79 A-Lex79
     / 
    Tried the latest DP3 on my 7 Plus, had various app compatibility issues so I decided to roll back to 8.1.

This I did via the sideloading the 8.1 firmware, but like others am stuck on the April security patch. To make matters worse, even though I unregistered my device from the Developer preview programme, my device is still picking up the Android P DP3 ota.

So it seems I am effectively locked out of the normal update track. It looks as though unregistering does nothing.

Anyone else having this issue, and is there any official work from Nokia on the matter?
  • devesh devesh
     / 
    You will get the updates soon. I also faced this problem while downgrading to oreo bit after a while i got 4 updates i.e. dual VoLTE support, may security patch, June security patch and July security patch.
  • devesh devesh
     / 
    https://m.gsmarena.com/nokia_7_plus_starts_receiving_android_pie-amp-32651.php

Guys u should open this link.
    According to this nokia 7+ users have start getting Android Pie uodate
  • I wish that that was a real post, unfortunately not (unless androidone has been changed)

• devesh devesh
     / 
    May be but in 3 sites I have seen the report. Though i hadn't still got it.
  • Mickey. Mickey.
     / 

Received that just now anyone else got it?image

• Hi there, 

We just released Android P DP4 (Beta 4) V3.150. 

It is now available for OTA and manual sideload! For more info check out our >webpage<

Have fun testing and best regards,

Laura