May I ask why the TA-1062 version is still yet to be available to participate in Beta program?

I currently use a Nokia 7 plus (TA-1062), while I see that both TA-1046 and TA-1055 users can try out beta, is there any reason why TA-1062 users are left out?

May I ask why the TA-1062 version is still yet to be available to participate in Beta program?

The Mighty Gokks The Mighty Gokks
 /  edited October 1
I currently use a Nokia 7 plus (TA-1062), while I see that both TA-1046 and TA-1055 users can try out beta, is there any reason why TA-1062 users are left out?

Comments

• The Mighty Gokks The Mighty Gokks
     /  edited July 3
    By the way mine is the Hong Kong version if that makes a difference
  • Shiro Huang Shiro Huang
     / 
    I have the same issue, I use TA-1062, and mine is the Taiwan version.
  • Skink Skink
    Staff member  /  edited May 13

Hi All

Thanks for your question and appreciate you're keen to use the dev preview build on your TA-1062. We've aligned the currently supported models with our software development teams, and I cant give a timeframe or firm commitment for TA-1062 at the moment I'm afraid.

Should the position change, we will of course post an update.

Regs

Skink

• Ivan Ivan
     /  edited August 17

buy nokia 7 plus  just for android P.  why TA-1062 users are left out?

/  edited August 17
    Could you announce when the TA-1062 was supported?
  • same here, bought the Nokia 7 Plus just to test Android P, and found out TA-1062 isn't supported...

• user1526005629298 user1526005629298
     /  edited August 17
    Very very Disappointed!
  • Dodimo Dodimo
     / 
    Find on XDA rollback for TA-1062 copy to SD card and restart the phone. I did it last night and now I'm on 8.1 May security patch

My model TA 1062
    Vodafone UK
     /  edited August 23
    If you guys not support to all Nokia 7 plus,not said you support that, honestly you are not good, so regret to buy 7 plus!damn,!!
  • TherealUlf TherealUlf
     /  edited October 1

@Skink

That doesn't really answer the question. What's the difference between TA-1046 and TA-1062 that makes the later not being eligible for beta program? This announcement doesn't say anything about unsupported sub models: https://developer.android.com/preview/devices/#nokia-7-plus

It's not that you write somewhere that different versions exist and what the differences are.

As I bought this device as an Android Developer to have early access to Android P I feel a bit fooled. If you can't provide "a timeframe or firm commitment for TA-1062 at the moment" this device will go back to the seller and you lost me as a customer.

• Wilson Shrestha Wilson Shrestha
    ✭✭✭  /  edited June 5
    Hello, Good news for TA 1062 model users, you can now join the Android Developer Preview. Laura our moderator just published the news here. Follow this link. Thank you and enjoy.
    https://community.phones.nokia.com/support/discussions/topics/7000024272/page/last#post-7000054635
     / 
    Still not work I'm in Taiwan and fit the condition!
  • TherealUlf TherealUlf
     /  edited September 28

@Wilson Shrestha

Thanks for the update but I still can't register the device at https://www.nokia.com/en_int/phones/developer, I still receive "Sorry, Nokia phones Android developer previews are not currently supported on your phone." I have Model TA-1062 (HW-Version 5.0) with Build Number 00WW_2_22A.

I assume Laura is only talking about the technical possibility to install the build (I assume it's the same package for all N7P models) but not about the device registration page. Thus they may not have updated the models whitelist at the webpage.

• @wilson shrestha as mentioned about my build is also 00WW, yet I cannot join the program through the the site
     / 
    Anyway it’s suck, no more words!
    ✭✭✭  / 

Hello, sorry everyone that you still cannot join the program. Maybe it will take sometime to update the device registration page. Meanwhile, you can directly ask Laura in the mentioned topic, Laura may have some answers for us. I just conveyed the news to you guys about the registration, I really don't have any knowledge on why you guys still cannot join the program. 

• The Mighty Gokks The Mighty Gokks
     /  edited June 6
    Welp thanks for the quick answer
    ✭✭✭  / 

You're welcome @The Mighty Gokks. :)

• @wilson shrestha also how can I ask Laura about the info? The topic you mentioned has comments closed.
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Hello @The Mighty Gokks try creating another topic mentioning the details about this problem and try putting name of Laura in the title and hope that Laura sees that post. Thank you.
  • Unknown
     /  edited June 7

Hello,  hello :) 

I see you guys, but I couldn’t reply earlier. Actually it should work, but could be that something with the registration is wrong. I have to talk with the web team and will give you an update on that latest tomorrow. 

Best regards,

Laura

• Unknown
     /  edited June 7

Hello again

Please have another try :) it is enabled now. 

Best  regards, 

Laura

• Ian_C Ian_C
     / 

@Laura - Seems to not be working today @ 2018/09/28

• Unknown
     /  edited October 1

Hi Ian, 

this is because ADP is closed now and we will release the stable update very soon! 

Best regards, 

Laura 

• I have registered and say validation ok then nothing happen. Where is the OTA, now it still in 00WW_2_22M_SP01, can I know why?????????
  • Hi user15383135832, 

this is because ADP is closed by now. The stable build will reach your phone soon. 

Best regards, 

Laura 

• More importantly we are behind on the security updates. I recently saw phone on 8.0 with the September security patch. Yet my phone on 8.1 has only August patch.

There is more to this than Pie, but to be honest, a big selling point of the Nokia 7 Plus was Android One. I expect timely updates.

Please advise, more than "soon."