Can't connect with Samsung Gear S3

I just now bought Nokia 7 plus and its unable to connect with Samsung Gear S3 Frontier. Is ther e any one else having this issue?

Can't connect with Samsung Gear S3

Sarin Madathil Sarin Madathil
 /  edited July 16

I just now bought Nokia 7 plus and its unable to connect with Samsung Gear S3 Frontier. Is ther e any one else having this issue?

My peovious android was able to connect.

Comments

• Tomas Bruder Tomas Bruder
     /  edited July 16
    Hi, I had exact the same problem a I solved it. Here is how:

1, first connect your samsung gear s3 using bluetooth to the phone and after that
    2, Open Samsung gear application a begin pairing process (it requieres you to install two more samsung services - install them)
    3, install samsung health and it should work.
    4, again if you will have any problem with connection connect the watch manually via bluetooth menu in your phone.
  • user1531748788244 user1531748788244
     /  edited July 16
    Hi, did Brudo's solution work on your 7 Plus Sarin?

I just bought the 7 plus myself and I have issues connecting with my Gear S3 Frontier too.

Brudo's solution does not work on my 7 plus.

Tried connecting my Gear S3 with my wifes iPhone X, and IT worked like a charm without a hitch.

But I cannot, no matter what solution I find on google and try, get the 7 Plus to pair with my S3 Frontier.

Is it on a 7 Plus you got the S3 Frontier to work Brudo?

I'm starting to think that a Gear S3 isn't compatible with Nokia 7 Plus!
  • Sarin Madathil Sarin Madathil
     /  edited July 16

My S3 got connected. What you have to do is

Go to the Samsung App-Tap connect. When you do this the same time drag the notification bar and select bluetooth and from there and select Gear S3 to connect.

This has helped me to connect with S3

• Tomas Bruder Tomas Bruder
     / 

yes, that is it as Sarin wrote. You need to begin pairing process with samsung app and then pull down the notification bar, select bluetooth and connect to watch.

• Finally! Thanks you guys! Took me a while and a whole lot of frustration. But now it finally works!
  • Have tried all of the above with no success. Cleared BT cache and data nothing works, optimized BT etc. Have had a look at Samsung Gear S3 compatibility with other smartphones and Nokia does not make the list, looks like be an old list but still I am seriously disappointed. From online research Nokia with Android One is unable to work with Samsung Gear. Could Nokia advise if they know of the issue or confirm that they are capable of working with Samsung Gear S3