direct video call, Vowifi calling and

Hi Nokia Developer Team, We are need direct video calling and WiFi calling in Nokia 6. Please into next phone update implement this feature. 

direct video call, Vowifi calling and

Dhirendra Kumar Dhirendra Kumar
 /  edited December 2017

Hi Nokia Developer Team,

We are need direct video calling and WiFi calling in Nokia 6. Please into next phone update implement this feature. 

Reply me. 

Comments

• user389 user389
    ✭✭✭  / 

Your mobile operator has to cooperate with HMD Global to enable LTE features on the phone. It is rolled out Over The Air as a separate carrier settings update.

Try ask your mobile operator regarding their future plans for VoLTE and VoWiFi on Nokia Android phones. It is still work-in-progress at most operators, and is typically first applied on iPhone and popular high-end Samsung phones.

--
    Hans

• singhnsk singhnsk
    ✭✭  / 

It actually shouldn't be operator specific. Phones which support the facility like Xiaomi and Samsung do work fine with all of the operators.

• Hi Hans,

What is the usual procedure as an operator to initiate this process? What is your contact point.? Would like to start this conversation to get things moving.

• user389 user389
    ✭✭✭  /  edited December 2017

The mobile operator talk to the people who develop and maintain their cell network, Nokia Networks / Ericsson or Huawei, and the phone manufacturers.

I asked both my mobile operator and HMD via Twitter some months ago. The reply from both is 'We continue work on it, wait and see'.

It is apparently not trivial to do if it has to work properly.

In the meantime there are noticeable improvements in the time taken before the call goes through at the other end. The handover between 4G data and 3G/2G voice is fast and smooth at my operator on a Nokia 6.

There are regular updates to the Carrier Settings app but still no 4G calling.

We got HD-Voice on 3G some years ago, which is robust and clear enough to have a conversation both when walking or driving, and at the pub a busy afternoon.

I can wait until the operator finish testing VoLTE with iPhone and Samsung (and let them worry about dropped calls or other connectivity issues) ;-)

--
    Hans

• Samsung has wifi calling option without carrier support then why not for Nokia 6. We are need wifi calling option in Nokia 6 indian model. Reply please