May update - No mobile data connectivity - TA-1046 - Page 2

I tried several times, that does not fix the issue for me in France with Sosh, TA-1046.

May update - No mobile data connectivity - TA-1046

Comments

• rbfr rbfr
    ✭✭  / 

I tried several times, that does not fix the issue for me in France with Sosh, TA-1046.

• Unknown
     /  edited May 2018
    Hey @Laura,

I have tried the fix provided a couple of times… and since it seems to be a completely "silent" update, i cannot tell if the patch has been downloaded and installed or not.

My phone is still broken (France, carrier Sosh/Orange). 

My question may be harsh and rude but is this fix proposed real? Or does Nokia just plan to patch this during mid-June update?

Could we get more serious information?
  • badger810 badger810
    ✭✭  / 

I have the same issue with a Nokia 3 TA-1020 that after an Oreo 8.0 update and then May security update, now can't connect to mobile data in the UK, but I also get an issue where the screen and apps freeze after you have left WiFi coverage and then work when you are back in WiFi coverage, but no mobile data. Have tried factory resets etc, Is there an issue with the May update and Oreo 8?? P.S sorry to barge into a N7 forum,but the issues are suspiciously like the N3.

• Unknown
     /  edited June 2018

Hi all, 

Sorry to hear it didn't work, the fix is real for people with the Telia provider (sorry, there was a miscommunication from my side – many apologizes). 

@user1526910619321: Which provider do you use? 

@user 1526288356736: so far this is meant for Nokia 7 plus and Nokia 6.1 

For all people in here with Telia provider: could you also confirm if the fix is working for you or not? 

And for the non Telia provider user: I’ll ask for more info and come back to you. 

Sorry again for my miscommunication and the inconvenience 

Best regards, 

Laura

• Hi @Laura,
    My provider is Telia and I'm from Finland. Contacted also your support chat but they couldn't help me either.
  • Telia Fi user and fix didn't solve problem, restarted several times...
  • Unknown
     /  edited May 2018

Hello, my provider is Sosh (on Orange network) in France and I also face the issue where 4G is not working anymore since last update.

• Unknown
     /  edited May 2018

Hi,

Also from France, also on Sosh. 

Also having issues since last update. Fix doesnt seem to change much, still having issues with either unstable network (voice & data) or 4g symbol but no effective data. 

Very angry about it, bought this phone thinking it was an Android one with no software garbage ...

• rbfr rbfr
    ✭✭  /  edited May 2018

Did the fix worked for most Telia users in Finland?

As an affected Sosh/France user, I am deeply disappointed by this bug (and other less annoying ones), Nokia/HMD almost total lack of communication (generally speaking, look at all the other threads), and the useless support (here on the forum and through the application). I feel like there is a total lack of care for customers, still hoping I a m wrong.

I waited, expecting we would get at least some regular information about it, but nothing. And now it is too late for me to return this beautiful phone filled with clunky software :(

• Well I can only say for myself but it seemed that the given fix did indeed fixed the issue for me. And I'm located in Finland as Telia for my mobile carrier.

• rbfr rbfr
    ✭✭  / 

@jterasla

Thank you, this is good to hear, there is still some hope :)

• Laura, do you know when this same fix is available for other models effected than 7plus and 6.1?
  • Hello, 

I'm in France and my carrier is Sosh also and I have no 4G mobile data since May update. 

Does anyone know when our phones will be fixed? This is so disappointing. 

• badger810 badger810
    ✭✭  / 

@Maxime I had something similar with the Nokia 3 after an update to Oreo and the May update.

The work around I found that worked for me for the mobile data issue on 8.0 with the
    May update was if the WiFi is on and you move out of
    coverage, the mobile data doesn't work, but if you turn off the WiFi,
    then turn on/off the Aeroplane mode, the mobile data reappears. The
    downside is you need to do this every time you leave WiFi coverage. However after a day or so, I can use mobile data normally when I move away from WiFi coverage and vice versa. Not sure if this works for the N7, but did on the N3, so maybe worth a try.

• rbfr rbfr
    ✭✭  / 
    On french forums, some have been told that it will be fixed in june update... grrrr...
    https://communaute.sosh.fr/t5/Ma-ligne-Mobile-SIM-PUK/Nokia-7-Oreo-8-1-mise-%C3%A0-jour-mai-4G-HS/td-p/2240158
    You can also see one other forums that some users have returned their units (would have done it myself if it was still possible) and bought other brands, samsung and so on
    If at least Nokia had provided a clear statement...

• Unknown
     /  edited June 2018
    Does Nokia have a expected release date for the fix solving the connectivity problem for the users of the French carrier Sosh ?
  • Unknown
     /  edited May 2018
    French user with SOSH / ORANGE here as well and more than 10 days without 4G on a brand new phone is just plain unacceptable.

What the **** is going on ? Where is the fix ?
  • Unknown
     /  edited May 2018

Up. This is an urgent issue which requires an urgent fix.

• @Badger810 : Thanks but it didn't work. 

@Laura or anyone at Nokia : please say something. We paid good money for your phone and it doesn't work as expected. You should really give us french users some information about a fix. If it works for Telia, why doesn't it work for Sosh ?

• Hi Maxime, 

R&D is investigating it. I hope they can provide a fix quickly. I’m sorry for the inconvenience. I'll let you know as soon as a solution is provided. 

Best regards, 

Laura

• Hello,
    Several points are inacceptable :
    - a new firmware was pushed without validation (4g is one of main features of a smartphone and orange is a major network)
    - this phone is Android One program that should provide best quality : Google will fail if they manage like that.
    - 1 month for a fix is not acceptable.
    - Nokia risk to be banned by many french customers.
    BR,
    Franck
  • Recently owner of a nokia 7 plus with the problem of 4g

I looked at the map of the observatory of the agency of frequencies to coincide the losses of networks orange/sosh 4G during my displacements.

I recorded the places where I had the orange 4G and the others or the stall was done.

According to the ANFR card, the 4G picks up when Orange LTE 2600 is present.

When switching to LTE 800/1800 system no problem.

Nokia / orange / android, has a good understanding for a quick solution to OS Oreo 8.1, or to specify the time of return to the normal one to allow us to make a hardware return if no solution on the horizon.

• Maybe if we can block the LTE 2600 frequency it will work.

I did not try because we need roots the phone.

Someone tried or not.

Best regards

• Guys, seriously ? Are you seriously even considering one second going through all this trouble for a "fix" you're not even sure would work for a bug that should have never even been there in the first place ?

Up to Nokia to fix their bullshit, not us to organize and find a solution. Jeez.

• You are correct

This 4g problem can be disabling for several people.

For my exemple, if you leave near a city, the B band frequence with /2600 is more used than to live in the countryside with the B band 800 which is more used.

Then, I hope than Nokia will fix this issue.

• rbfr rbfr
    ✭✭  / 

If you read carefully Laura's message, the only piece of information she provides is that R&D is at least aware of the issue. And then she hopes we will get a fix. WTF?

So, community moderators do not have any more information than us. That confirms, IMHO, that Nokia/HMD do not care about existing customers, while they are congratulating themselves announcing new model. Great.

• I see that problem is not Nokia/HMD but carriers like Telia. In Finland only Telia customers has reported problems. And fix takes time when cooperating with other company.
  • Hey all, 

The thing is we didn’t have many reports from French people telling us the mobile data isn’t working (so I guess not a lot of people have contacted the support). While we had quite a lot of tickets from Finland so that’s why they got the fix already. 

And I didn’t say I hope you get a fix,  I said I hope you get it quickly, because right now I don’t have an exact time on it from the R&D. 

I know it is inconvenient and I totally understand that you are upset, but right now all I can do is ask for more patience. I’m really sorry for this.

Best regards,

Laura

• @laura well I didn't contact the support but I thank that posting in this forum was somewhat equivalent. I guess we need to contact the support in order to pressure the R&D team.
  • Unknown
     /  edited May 2018

Hi aFrenchUser

As stated in the >rules<, the forum is more a peer to peer support channel. My main role here is to moderate and keep it nice. I can escalate the most burning topics, but it is definitely much easier for me to make an issue urgent if there are already tickets in the support. So yes, I recommend contacting the support as well, even though they might not be able to help you, but the issue gets recorded. 

Best regards, 

Laura