Nokia 3 May Update?

Nokia 3 on May When Will you arrive late in May ?????????

Nokia 3 May Update?

Plajos András Plajos András
 /  edited May 17
Nokia 3 on May When Will you arrive late in May ?????????

Comments

• wilson shrestha wilson shrestha
    ✭✭✭  /  edited May 18

Hello, I can confirm that most of us on the community forum haven't received the May Security Patch for Nokia 3. However it has been already rolled out to devices like Nokia 1, Nokia 5, Nokia 6, Nokia 8 etc. In fact it was just rolled out to Nokia 8 just today. So that's a positive sign that we will also receive the update for Nokia 3 in some days.

• badger810 badger810
     /  edited May 19

Any Idea on when we will get the April Security update. let alone the May one, my Nokia 3 in the UK is still on the March Update?

✭✭✭  /  edited May 18

Sorry I have no idea about that. 

• Unknown
     /  edited May 18

I got mine on May 10 here in Germany, after I got my Orea update on April 30. I don't know how I can proof this.

• Unknown
     /  edited May 18
    @wilson shrestha i already update My os 8.0.0 when i check again in the software updates it comes out again... It comes out all over again.. but i already update in oreo.
    Is that normal?
    ✭✭✭  /  edited May 18

Hello @Danillo no that's not Normal. You can try factory resetting the device to solve this problem. However don't forget to backup your important data while doing that. Thank you.

• Unknown
     /  edited May 18
    Ok2x i will try to reset thnk you wilson
    ✭✭✭  /  edited May 18

You're welcome :).

• abudheruwais abudheruwais
    ✭✭  /  edited May 21
    May security patches are released to Nokia 3 but only on certain market till now.Check this link https://www.nokia.com/en_int/phones/security-updates
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Yes, @Abudher Uwais I don't know why it's not released to our regions since we used to receive these security patches on time before.
  • user1511952697047 user1511952697047
     /  edited May 21

Update of may available in Belgium. 

✭✭✭  / 
    I too received the update just now.
    ✭✭✭  / 

• badger810 badger810
     /  edited May 21

Did you have the April Update before this update today, as still showing March update on my Nokia 3 in UK on 7.1.1?

✭✭✭  / 
    Hello, Yes of course we had the April update before this update. But we are on Android 8.0 Oreo. And I think that can make a difference. Sorry to know that UK is still on Nougat 7.1.1. I think HMD is having some problem to push the Oreo update on various regions. Thank you.
  • terminusaquo terminusaquo
    ✭✭✭  / 

Just out of interest do you have Oreo or Nougat installed when you received those updates?

✭✭✭  / 
    Hello, @Terminusaquo I'm on Oreo right now. I received it about 18 days after the announcement by Mr. Juho Sarvikas on twitter. Thank you.
    ✭✭✭  / 
    I think I got the Oreo update with the April Security Patch in it.
    ✭✭✭  / 

I wonder if the issues with the update being pushed to the UK has something to do with devices on an MVNO?

✭✭✭  /  edited May 21
    Maybe, but I don't know much about how it could affect the updates.
  • badger810 badger810
     /  edited May 21
    I thought that, as I am on Tesco in the UK, but have also tried the update with a Vodafone sim and still get the same result. My Nokia 3 is sim free as well.
    ✭✭✭  / 

@Badger810 That's interesting as the Nokia 3 my mum has is on iD Mobile but I tried an EE SIM and that also had the same result of no update being available.

• badger810 badger810
     /  edited September 17

I guess in the UK, we are not destined for security updates/upgrades on time, hence why we are still on an update (March) from 2 months ago, whilst other regions are getting 8.0 and April/May updates.

✭✭  /  edited May 22
    I also received the May security update today
    ✭✭✭  / 

@abudheruwais What country are you in and what network are you on? 

✭✭  / 
    I'm from Sri Lanka and the network is Dialog.
    ✭✭✭  / 

@amirulhuda Thanks, that xda thread lead me to a reddit post which has some potential resolutions to get the Oreo update. 

https://www.reddit.com/r/Nokia/comments/7i9tt3/anyone_still_missing_the_nokia_8_oreo_update/