Proximity sensor doesn't work, calls don't black out screen, fm radio and dual aim non existing in U

Hi as above basically for brand new Nokia 7 plus ordered from Nokia to the UK.

Proximity sensor doesn't work, calls don't black out screen, fm radio and dual aim non existing in U

System System
 / 
Hi as above basically for brand new Nokia 7 plus ordered from Nokia to the UK.

I've have a google and a look on the forum to no avail.
I've downloaded apps to test the proximity sensor.
I've tried the star has star hash 372733 has star hash star (*#*#372733#*#*) and tested the proximity sensor there too.
Rebooted the phone as per one post saying customer care advised that for a nokia 6.

Nothing seems to pick up the sensor and so I can't use phone calls without being on Bluetooth or loud speaker so that face contact doesn't mess with settings...

Any help anyone has the same problem?

Also can't seem to find any fm radio option. Nor see how dual aim will work.

Advice on all areas would be good.

Comments

• nicnic94 nicnic94
     / 

Yes same problem here.

With phone tester app sensor is working.

With 372733 it work too but sensor location is wrong in the picture. the sensor is at the left of the earpiece speaker.

But during call the screnn didn't turn of. So if you forget to turn of the screen manually you can activate some options or terminate call with your ear.

Same problem with the may update.

It's very annoying.

• nicnic94 nicnic94
     / 

And my model is is TA-1046

• Unknown
     / 
    Good to hear others are still having problems...

At least it sounds like for some people it's software... Hope Nokia do something ASAP or get Google too!!

Unfortunately with mine TA-1055 i think mine is hardware. Tester software doesn't work on mine. Tried with 3 apps. I tried another Nokia in a phone shop also TA-1055 running on android 8.0.0 with an update till the 1st of February and that worked like a dream covering the Sensor during a call... Either a refund im gonna take and get something else or send this off for repair 8 days into owning it...
  • nicnic94 nicnic94
     / 

Too bad.

I'll try to test same version in a shop if proximity is better.

In test app I need to be very close to the sensor for having a state change.

On my other phones it's not so close. Maybe a calibration problem for me.

• Unknown
     / 
    Mine just says 5cms on the sensor app. Doesn't change even if the sensor is completely covered or totally uncovered. The one I tried in a shop. As soon as my finger went over the sensor the screen blanked out perfectly during a call....
  • nicnic94 nicnic94
     / 

That's weird.

I have a tempered glass on my phone but there is an hole for the proximity sensor.

Didn't want to remove it just to test if it's better without it.

• cwf1 cwf1
     / 

nicnic94 which tempered glass protector are you using? i bought one and the sides don't stick to edges of the screen. therefore, can't use it.

as for the proixmity sensore, i had this problem on my wife's Lumia 930. The adhesive in the screen that keeps the layers of the glass together failed slightly causing the layers to delaminate at a very small scale. this meant the proximity sensor couldn't detect the ligh change and it had the same problem as you guys. a way to test if this happening to you is to press your finger over the proximity sensor and squeeze the screen together. if the sensor starts working again, then it's the same problem. this only fixed the sensor issue for a few minutes till the layers of glass came apart again.

• cwf1 cwf1
     / 

nicnic94 which tempered glass protector are you using? i bought one and the sides don't stick to edges of the screen. therefore, can't use it.

as for the proixmity sensore, i had this problem on my wife's Lumia 930. The adhesive in the screen that keeps the layers of the glass together failed slightly causing the layers to delaminate at a very small scale. this meant the proximity sensor couldn't detect the ligh change and it had the same problem as you guys. a way to test if this happening to you is to press your finger over the proximity sensor and squeeze the screen together. if the sensor starts working again, then it's the same problem. this only fixed the sensor issue for a few minutes till the layers of glass came apart again.

• nicnic94 nicnic94
     / 

I bought one on ali express and it fit perfectly. It's one with black part at the botton and the top.  There is holes for proximity sensor , earpiece speaker , camera and nokia logo at the top.

If i put my finger on the hole it's detected covered on test apps and hidden phone menu.

• cwf1 cwf1
     / 

nicnic94 yeah i saw those glass protectors and i didn't know whether they spoil the look of the phone.

• nicnic94 nicnic94
     / 

After removing temered glass it work fine during call.

Strange it is similar to all tempered glass available in term of holes position.

This one brand is Raugee...so avoid this one.

• nicnic94 nicnic94
     / 

After one one day it's not completely fine. It's better but not perfect.

My proximity sensor detect the ear too close from the screen.

I think my sensor need a calibration.