Nokia 6.1 WIFI does not connect

I dont understand how a product can be sold without testing. After buying the device on the second day the device stops to connect to the wifi.

Nokia 6.1 WIFI does not connect

Satty Satty
 /  edited June 4

I dont understand how a product can be sold without testing. After buying the device on the second day the device stops to connect to the wifi. I have to literally sit next to the router to get the wifi to work. And all the tech support said is visit the service center. At least do some troubleshooting.

Anyone here faced this issue or have any suggestions?

Comments

• user1525780844743 user1525780844743
     /  edited May 31

Yes same issue after i updated to Orio 8.1, before it was working fine

• user1526538436460 user1526538436460
     /  edited May 28
    Even I had the same problem. It is because of the latest update May security patch. I think it has a problem WiFi connectivity issue.. Go to near service centre . there is nothing wrong with mobile it is just because of the bad update
  • user1526652198111 user1526652198111
     /  edited June 13
    I had same problem, worst idea to go for Nokia, first experince.
  • Satty Satty
     / 

The funny part is I waited for this model for more than 4 months. Feel like I should have gone for Moto like my previous phone.

• user1526538436460 user1526538436460
     /  edited June 13
    Nokia did nothing ... Android one should give proper update
  • Glombie Glombie
     /  edited May 21

I'm facing the same issue. WiFi was good before the update but now I just can't connect. Tried Factory Reset but this doesn't wipe the update. Nokia should fix this bug as soon as possible. Otherwise, the phone is good.

• Vijjy Vijjy
     / 

I am in the same boat. Not able to connect to WIFI. And I badly need this issue fixed yesterday. This update has literally rendered my phone useless. Nokia, are you listening. Kindly immediately release a fix. If that is not possible right now, show us a way to roll back to the previous version by releasing a new version with the old functionality. But please do it ASAP. Thank You.

• Ravi Ravi
     /  edited May 21

Exact same issue, just got this phone 5 days back. 

The only way WiFi works fine is when you sit next to the Router. If you go few steps away, it immediately shows connection "Saved" "Connected, no Internet" etc. 

My old Samsung S4 just works fine, so definitely not the Router range etc. I guess the new Security Update has led to this. 

Nokia has to react soon to this and provide solution, I have logged a ticket to see what they have to say,

• Dude , i had the same issue ... Then i contacted service centre . They flashed my mobile to feb patch. After i didn't found any Wi-Fi Connecticut issue. But i forgotten to pause the update. Again may update is downloaded, it needs to restart to update tge phone may update. And i did it by tooking a chance. Then it is confirmed that there is a bug in may security patch update. So again i went to service centre and gave a complaint about the situation. They again flashed me feb update. Now my phone is fine. But its 8.0.0 :( ... I'm really waiting for an update to use 8.1.0 normally ..... Feb patch is fine
  • Sorry for spelling mistake it's because of automatic mode
  • From the time I've updated ... Phone doesn't get connected to WiFi .
    Please fix this problem .
  • shiwik shiwik
     /  edited May 24

This is not an issue with the May patch. It is the issue with the alterations made by Nokia before releasing the patch. I have the May patch on my OP5t and things seem to be working just fine. 

Nokia team - request you to please attend to this issue on priority as the phone is virtually unusable on Wifi. Either release a patch or provide a way to roll back to the April patch

• Tuphan Tuphan
     /  edited May 21

Hi Nokia Team,

Please address the issue on urgent basis. I had contacted multiple times with your support team but not getting any positive response. Day by day this issue became a critical one. Already a lot of users complain on this.
    Need quick action on this.

• Yes..after may patch update...I am facing WiFi PBM...pls solve this problem
  • Ravi Ravi
     / 

So here is the reply which I got from Nokia Support, I am not sure if they even know the severity of the issue:

Greetings from Nokia Mobile Care.

We value the importance of your concern and regret the inconvenience caused to you.

In response to your concern regarding Wi-Fi issue in Nokia 6.1, we would like to request you to kindly follow the below steps:-

Step 1) Go to the settings >> apps and notifications >> app info >> 3 vertical dots >> click on reset app preferences >> reset apps

Step 2) Now perform force restart - To force restart device by pressing volume up key and power key button for 20 sec then device will and device automatically restart.

Step 3) Now try to use your device in safe mode for 2-3 hours to check whether the issue continues or not.

To activate and deactivate safe mode kindly follow below mention steps:

-: Press and Hold Power Key Button

-: Then Press and Hold Power Off Option which will appear on display

-: You will get Pop up REBOOT TO SAFE MODE>>Then Press Ok

-: Device Will restart automatically then it will start in SAFE MODE

-: RESTART DEVICE to come out from SAFE MODE

Note - in safe mode all your third party applications will be disable.

Step 4) and if you do not face any issue in safe mode then perform factory data reset after taking proper back up it may solve your issue.

To perform Factory Data Reset follow below steps.

Go to settings >> system >> reset >> factory data reset >> reset >> done.

If the issue still persist then kindly visit the Service Centre they will check your device physically and will assist you for the same.

Note: Please carry your invoice bill with proper backup of your data and there should no physical liquid cosmetic damage in device else warranty will be denied by Service Centre side.

Moreover, to know the nearest service centre location kindly visit the link: https://www.nokia.com/en_in/phones/support/care-center-locator .

If you need any assistance or clarifications, please feel free to contact Nokia Mobile Care at the Toll Free Number 1800-102-8169 (Working Timings-9:00am to 6:00pm: Mon-Sun). Alternately, you can email us at [email protected] for the latest news, information and product support please visit http://www.nokia.com/mobile-support .

Our endeavour is to ensure continuous improvement in Consumer experience.

You will receive a survey on your registered E-mail ID on how likely you are to recommend Nokia to your friends or colleagues. We would request you to take out time to share your valuable feedback to enable us to serve you better.

Thank you for contacting Nokia Mobile Care.

Always looking to serve you better.

• shiwik shiwik
     / 
    This solution does not make sense. Moreso after so many users complaining abiut this issue at around the same time. As a matter of fact, i tried this to no avail. Also the solution seems irrational as the wifi range itself has significantly reduced. This is not a app misbehavior
  • Navjot Navjot
     / 
    This will do nothing I alreadt did... And its not your device fault since so many users are getting the same issue... Just wait for next update or get previous patch from service center
  • Ravi Ravi
     /  edited May 21

I get it, this is not a resolution. Just wanted to share the response from Nokia. 

At least Nokia should give us some workaround. 

• Tuphan Tuphan
     /  edited May 21
    I also get the same reply from nokia support...

From last few days we are facing the same issue but not getting any positive response from nokia.
  • user1526806340294 user1526806340294
     /  edited May 21
    Amazing how they could still shamelessly sit on this! Did anyone try to give review on Amazon? Even that's disabled.
  • Tuphan Tuphan
     / 

Not a single reply from Nokia Team.. this is how they treat users!!!

• Unknown
     /  edited May 23

Hi all,

We are aware that some face issues with Wifi after the latest updated. Right now I can’t provide anymore info on this (which was the reason why I didn’t respond earlier).  When I have an update on this I’ll let you know.

Best regards, 

Laura 

• user1526806340294 user1526806340294
     /  edited May 21
    Are you really sure it's just 'some'? Not everyone comes and makes their point here. I can tell you that Amazon is getting flooded with calls on this for no mistake of theirs.
  • The same goes with my phone as well ... please do the needful really disappointed with NOKIA.. love the phone but the connectivity issue is a big turn off ... no matter how great the features are if u just cant connect to the WIFI what is the point .. Please fix it 

• shiwik shiwik
     /  edited May 21
    Moderator - I understand it takes time to provide a working patch. However, is there a way you could provide a way to roll back to the April patch or atleast a pre may working ROM? I am sure that is not asking for too much.
  • Tuphan Tuphan
     / 

Dear Laura,

As you know, nowadays WiFi connectivity is the most critical things for a smartphone. Always we need data connectivity to run a smartphone and for system update WiFi is mandatory. So, this issue makes the phone not usable. 

At least take some step on the urgent basis to fix this issue. It hampers our daily works.

• Unknown
     /  edited May 21

Hi shiwik and everyone else, 

I for my part can’t do anything because I’m not involved in development/ software solution or something like this. The only action I can do is escalate this topic to responsible people and hoping I get a solution or something I can offer to you all, which is what I do right now. 

I know this creates huge inconvenience for you all. The only thing I can recommend to you is contacting the Customer support >here<. They might not be able to offer a solution right now, but as more people write them as more urgent the topic is on the agenda.

Again, I’m sorry for the inconvenience. 

Best regards, 

Laura

• Tuphan Tuphan
     / 
    Hi Laura,
    We have contacted customer support multiple times but the solution provided by them are not working.

Please escalate the same to the concerned team and let us know.

Regards
    Tuphan
  • Vijjy Vijjy
     /  edited May 21
    This issue has to be resolved on war footing basis. Ever since the mobile era started I have been buying only Nokia phones. Don't let our faith in Nokia shattered.
    This issue needs attention and solution at once. Thank You.
  • Tuphan Tuphan
     / 
    Hi Laura,

Did you escalate the same to the concerned team? Please confirm.