Fast charging not working after update

After the last update I have noticed that fast charging is not working properly? Most of the time fast charging is not working.

Fast charging not working after update

nilanjansaha nilanjansaha
 /  edited November 9
After the last update I have noticed that fast charging is not working properly? Most of the time fast charging is not working. It is only showing charging , not showing 'charging rapidly' . This is happening after the last update. I am getting very much disappointed with this.

Comments

• puneet puneet
    ✭✭✭  /  edited May 30
    Fast charging happens only when you don't use the phone while charging. This was done most probably to reduce the heating. The change happened in last update.
  • Yong En Yong En
     / 

yea. I also having the same problem. Going send to the store to check

• Biswadeep Biswadeep
     /  edited May 27
    Yes it's not showing Charging Rapidly... just showing Charging
  • puneet puneet
    ✭✭✭  / 
    The latest update has changed charging parameter. The fast charging takes place only when you don't use your phone while charging.
  • keshavyadav1111 keshavyadav1111
     /  edited May 19
    This is really a bad thing... Now I'm not facing heating issu but I think charging time is more important then heating issu.
  • momin aatif momin aatif
     /  edited May 26
    Same thing happening with me tha phone is not charging rapidly..and i do not use my phone while charging...also the phone is heating up too much while charging now
  • yeah me too...just updated yesterday. today is first charge after yesterday update...been charging more than an hour...i am not using it during charging, though...can nokia / android do something to this? 

• For me,

After May update, it took 1hr 45 minutes to charge from 10-100 %. I am not using it while charging, even my data and WiFi is off.

It will charge rapidly only when phone is idle.

Heating reduced while charging after update, now Max battery temp is 42-43 degree. Earlier it was going to 46 degree maximum. But 45-46 temp is acceptable.

Please note this is summer season, after summer temp might fall little. We will feel phone is getting heated because of metal body.

• user1522580435525 user1522580435525
     /  edited May 31
    What Puneet says is bullshit. Quick charge is just broken since May update. It's not a new feature. It doesn't quick charge in idle nor when in use. Sometimes it says quick charging but it doesn't do anything, then it changes back to just charging.
  • puneet puneet
    ✭✭✭  /  edited May 25
    Downlaod the app "Accu battery" and check the current rate when the screen is on and when the screen is off. You will get to see what's bullshit. If the app doesn't show any difference between the charge rate in screen on and screen off conditions, then either your device is faulty or cable or charger. Don't come barging here on my comment.
  • user1525758329930 user1525758329930
     /  edited May 31
    I would choose fast charging over dual volte anyday. Hmd please do something.
  • user1525632314710 user1525632314710
     /  edited May 27

hopefully nokia fixes this in their next update.. they could rather set a temperature limit below which the phone would charge rapidly.

• user1526575826220 user1526575826220
     /  edited May 25

It is advisory to customers from all phone manufacturers, not to use device while it is charging.

There is no point fighting for fast charging, while device in use. Fast charging is provided for emergency usage, you can get 60-70% in 40-45 min.

As per my view, Nokia 7 plus charging is fine for me.

Again its just my opinion. For more info, watch you tube videos about Qualcomm Quick charging versions.

I agree with Puneet's comments.

• Dinesh Kumar Yadav Dinesh Kumar Yadav
     /  edited May 31
    Same issue.......fast charging not working.

Provide on off options for fast charging....
  • momin aatif momin aatif
     /  edited May 20
    Almost all of us are saying that we are not using our phone while charging and the fast charge is not working.....but still some people are replying with "don't use your phone while charging"and other bullshit...guys please atleast read our problems... we're not using our device while charging and the fast charge is completely broken...hope Hmd fixes it quick.
  • puneet puneet
    ✭✭✭  /  edited May 25
    Either talk in a proper way in a forum or don't at all. Your comment could be flagged and moderator may block you for disrespectful comments. Most of the comments here says the phone isn't fast charging because it isn't showing "Charging rapidly". Ofcourse, it won't show "Charging rapidly" because the screen is on and fast charging gets turned off while the screen is on. The current rate hovers around 1000mA when the screen is on and around above 2000mA when the screen is off. Whoever is having problem with fast charging, download the "Accu battery" app and check for yourself the charging rate with screen on and screen off. Now, I am not saying if it's a feature but this change happened after the may update. It can be a bug or it can be a feature. Only Nokia can tell this. I am just saying that fast charging still works but only when screen is off.
  • user1526575826220 user1526575826220
     /  edited May 25

Its a forum, to express problems. If your device has problem, report it to service center or contact Nokia care.

Don't just call bullshit. If that is really software issue, HMD will fix it.

Everybody will have their own analysis and understanding of the problem. Phone behavior will vary from customer to customer depending upon apps we are using.

You can complain issues here, but please try to respect others views. We are not bullshit and we are not Nokia promoters. We are just using same device, what others are using.

• Actually the same problem is happening with me too...fast charging isn't working with my phone after having the new dual volte update...earlier my phone use to get fully charged in 1n half hour but now it takes 3hrs even more...except this everything is working fine...
    Please Nokia solve this and let us get rid of this problem.....
  • ashis kar ashis kar
    ✭✭  / 
    The new logic seems to be..the phone is idle for some seconds with no screen saver running...while in use it takes 3 hrs to charge.. its showing rapidly when its kept on table and scree. Being off.. charging completes on 90 to 100 mins.. so its not a problem.. the heating is stopped.. which should be respected first..
  • The main thing is.. I'm using this phone since 01may2018...I didn't face this issue ever infact I was using my phone while charging n it was still showing charging rapidly...but now after this update it's gone completely...wether I'm using the phone or not while charging....
  • ashis kar ashis kar
    ✭✭  / 
    Folks I just checked.. even if i m getting rapid charging which only shows during screen off condition.. the charging is as rapid as before.. i chatged around 38% in 30 mins which qhalcomm 2.0 not 3.0.. that means the kernel is not taking the full current..Nokia needs to fix this issue.. its a bug ! For lowering heat, the charging speed seems to be lowered ...
  • Yeah exactly coz at earlier I use to get 50% in 30 min. But now it's 38% but charging in switch off mode
  • ABuyer ABuyer
     / 
    Fast charging is broken, period. B4 last update the phone fast charged even while in use & lets be honest that is how most people use it. Now when the phone is on it only goes to about 1A while charging and when its off its still not charging at QC3.0 speeds. Its more like 2A charge speeds.

This needs to be fixed ASAP.
  • Unknown
     /  edited May 26

Hello everyone, 

If you think fast charging isn’t working contact the customer support through the support app or >here<. They should be able to help you. If the support can’t help, at least the issue pops up on our agenda and our developers know what to look into.

Further, I ask you to stay friendly with each other and use an appropriate tone in the forum. Calling someone’s post bullshit is NOT appropriate, especially when the person tries to help! So far, this forum and its members have a nice tone and everyone tries to get along with everybody – let’s keep it this way.  

Best regards, 

Laura 

• vibhor vibhor
    ✭✭✭  /  edited May 25

I don't think its a bug. The charging rate is deliberately reduced to bring down the heat during charge. Earlier lot of people have complained about excessive heating while charging. Since its very uncomfortable to hold a heated phone , nokia has come with a workround to make it comfortable to use a phone which charging , at the same time without compromising the rapid charging.

This seems to be a very wise fix for the heating issue.
    One thing to note here is , its impossible to achieve both rapid charge less heat during charging.

• puneet puneet
    ✭✭✭  /  edited May 25
    Exactly @Vibhor. It seems to be a deliberate change because many people were saying that phone heats up during charging while using it. So, they turned the current down to around 1A while you are using the phone or when the screen is on. Qualcomm's QC3.0 supports current upto 2A and this is fast charging current. After the may update, the fast charging takes place if the screen is off. If anyone wakes the screen using double tap or just the power button, the lockscreen will show charging rapidly and then just "charging". If you don't believe me, just download the "Accu battery" app and charge your phone in screen on and screen off conditions. You will get to see the difference in the app. If the 2A current isn't reached even in the screen off condition, then something's wrong with the device. I get around 800 - 1000 mA current in screen on condition while 2000 - 2400 mA in screen off condition.
  • Biswadeep Biswadeep
     / 
    @Puneet ... Before the Update the charging current was about 3A always ... Now even in screen lock condition it is around 2-2.5A max.. So may be that's why people are saying that even in locked condition the phone is not charging rapidly
  • puneet puneet
    ✭✭✭  / 
    @biswadeep the Nokia charger is rated to deliver 3 levels of current 2.5A, 2A and 1.5A
    So, 3A isn't possible. I get 2.5A when the screen is off. If you're getting 2.5 A while the screen is off, the fast charging is fine.
  • Biswadeep Biswadeep
     / 
    @Puneet .. Yes I know about Voltage And Current ratings of the specified charger.. Still don't know how ...But It was delivering about 3Amps .. I checked using those battery monitoring apps and I have some hardware also to track the charging current ...
    And I'm not complaining about the charging rate .. 2.5Amps is okay for me
  • vibhor vibhor
    ✭✭✭  / 

Slow charging results in less heat thus increasing the overall hardware and battery life. 20 minutes of increased charging time with less heat and ease to use the phone comfortably should be seen as a good move. Given the 3800 mah battery , generally nokia 7+ needs charge every 2 days instead of frequent 1 day charginig.