Face Unlock

Does anyone know when the Nokia 7 plus Android One version will have the face unlock feature?

Face Unlock

System System
 /  edited May 19
Does anyone know when the Nokia 7 plus Android One version will have the face unlock feature? I thought it'll come now in May update since the china version of it already has face unlock. I hope someone will answeer

Comments

• puneet puneet
    ✭✭✭  /  edited May 19
    Next month
  • Unknown
     / 
    How do you know this Puneet? Are you sure? 樂
  • Biswadeep Biswadeep
     / 
    Face Unlock is already there with May Update ... Go to Settings and then Security and then Smart Lock
  • Biswadeep Biswadeep
     / 
    Though it's not a proper 3D Face unlock I guess
  • Unknown
     / 
    I've tried it now. But it doesn't work. It does not unlock even though I'm in a well lit environment.
  • Biswadeep Biswadeep
     / 
    But working for me properly ... I need to press the power button..... look at the phone ..... and swipe the screen up
  • Unknown
     / 
    Now I know it works. Thanks a lot for the info. I hope they change it in the next updatee. Make it unlock immediately without making the user swipe up
  • Biswadeep Biswadeep
     / 

Yes that would be great

• Unknown
     / 
    Well the chinese version of the nokia 7 plus has a dedicated face unlock option not just the smart unlock, I just watched it on youtube.
  • cwf1 cwf1
     /  edited May 24

i go to smart lock and the screen is blank. there are no options for me to set up face unlock

• ehsaanbhati ehsaanbhati
     / 
    I have searched the entire setting menu
    Couldn't find the Face unlock feature. Device is updated to May security patch
  • Venkat Venkat
     / 
    I was on 8.1.0 and updated to May18 security patch but I couldn't find smart lock feature in settings menu.
  • Unknown
     / 
    Face Unlock can be found at :
    Setting-> Security & Location -> Smart Lock -> Trusted Face.

Once enabled, the unlock does not automatically unlock the screen. But if you swipe up on the lockscreen and it recognizes you it will unlock without pin.
  • ehsaanbhati ehsaanbhati
     / 
    There is no such option Like smart lock.
    updated to May security patch.
  • vibhor vibhor
    ✭✭✭  / 

Nokia 7+ global variant being an android one device will not get the same dedicated face unlock as chinese variant. Rather it will rely on OS inbuilt trusted faces for face unlock feature.

• ajit bagal ajit bagal
     / 
    Face id not working on India version.
  • Unknown
     /  edited July 6

i had face unlock on 8.0 version. It disappears with 8.1 and the may pach doesn't change anything.

hope that the next update will fix it.