Camera improvement!! Much needed request

Dear HMD and Nokia team... U have such a good hardware for camera, however I request you to kindly improve your software algorithm to improve camera performance.

Camera improvement!! Much needed request

user1526752373905 user1526752373905
 /  edited October 24
Dear HMD and Nokia team...
U have such a good hardware for camera, however I request you to kindly improve your software algorithm to improve camera performance.
Camera produces lot of noise especially in evening or artificial light shots.
Some time camera quality is not equivalent to single camera in Samsung phones.

Comments

• gurvinder singh gurvinder singh
     /  edited August 21
    Camera app requires lot of improvement.. Nokia please update
  • technicaltech technicaltech
     /  edited June 10
    use gcam bro...download it in xda..results are far better...and pictures taken from nokia camera can't even stand near gcams picture.
    Here is the link:https://forum.xda-developers.com/nokia-7-plus/themes/nokia-7-plus-google-camera-hdr-zsl-t3775956
  • user1524199596852 user1524199596852
     /  edited June 16
    Yes the camera app needs a lot of improvement. In low light or artificial lighting condition the images gives lots of noise and images doesn't have details on normal zooming on both daylight and low light photography. NOKIA should show the true power of Ziess lens by developing software algorithm like ONEPLUS does.
  • Venkat Venkat
     /  edited June 16
    Needs much improvement, overall camera quality is not up to the expectations with the high quality Zeiss lens.
  • user1526752373905 user1526752373905
     /  edited June 16
    Dear Nokia
    Please listen to your users.
    Improve ur camera app
    Please
  • user1527866279444 user1527866279444
     /  edited August 21
    Guys please improve camera performance...low light video recording is worst ...even my old Moto g3 can perform better...and it's price is even less than half of Nokia 7 plus...paid 26000 for this quality...I am really ashamed on my decision...
  • Sameer Mehta Sameer Mehta
    ✭✭  /  edited August 21
    I tested today the Google camera app and Nokia camera app, is the front camera on Nokia 7plua really a 16mp shooter,or its just a dummy setting in the Nokia app, thie pictures are no where as it should be for a 16mp camera ?
  • user1528603943411 user1528603943411
     /  edited June 11
    The camera is sooo slow, regardless of gcam or Nokia camera in Pro mode. Even the slowest of moving object blurs.
  • Bulls6 Bulls6
     /  edited June 16
    To add to this and the bad low-light photos, the Bokeh mode isn't on par with other devices, it should be improved drastically. But mainly, the software and algorithms should have a major improvement. Also, why doesn't it use the secondary camera to bring in more infos to process and get more details while using the main lens
  • Bulls6 Bulls6
     /  edited June 16
    Yeah, and the low light really really sucks. GCam shows a massive improvement.
     /  edited June 16

Yeah.. Nokia!!!

Please listen to your users. Low light performance of nokia camera is too bad with lots of noise, even in day light camera produces noisy images.

/  edited June 16

If GCam can improve image quality than Nokia can also improve the image quality through software upgrade.

Nokia please do it, I do not want to use any app outside play store.

• ashis kar ashis kar
    ✭✭  /  edited October 21
    Frankly I use google pixel mod and its way better.. but when i tweak the pro mode like ISo at 1600 and shutter lag to 1/15 the pictures with default camera becomes just way way better.. sometimes i can compare it with my S7 and some shots r really comparable.. fact is the Auto mode is not optimized.. not a big problem for me as i use pro mode and google pixel mod.. but the camera pp shud be improved.. a lot of.time a minor shake.. clicks blurr picture.. even in well lit artificial condition.. nokia get up early !
  • ashis kar ashis kar
    ✭✭  /  edited June 12
    PPL though shud thank nokia for enabling API even without root.. google mod is absolutely stunning
  • When u toggle from 1x to 2x camera display produces different colour reproduction for small moment of time and has lot of noise under low light conditions
  • ashis kar ashis kar
    ✭✭  / 
    In low light the 2x zoom shifts from optical to digital... So .. it ll have noise.. it lacks OIS.. thats the reason.. bt we really cant expect that at this budget
  • eric welling eric welling
     /  edited October 21
    To be honest the Nokia camera app really sucks. I tried both OpenCamera and gcam. Gcam really is the best right now, it confirms that there is nothing wrong with the camera hardware. I'm going to stick with gcam for now, but is there a way to change the storage location to the SD card? Hopefully Nokia will listen to the consumers and update the **** out of the camera app.
    ✭✭  / 
    @eric could you share the link to the gcam you are using for download,thanks
  • eric welling eric welling
     / 
    @sameermehta2087 The link is on the first page of this topic. Try it and be amazed at how great the Nokia camera hardware is!
    ✭✭  / 
    Thanks guys
     /  edited August 21

The idea here is not to use google camera app.

What we all Nokia users are trying to highlight is inefficiency of Nokia camera app. and they should improve it for their customers.

Request you all to please raise this request as much as possible with all other Nokia users, so that Nokia can not ignore this request.

/  edited August 21

As far as google camera app is considered.

I don't think it is safe to download third party application if source is unknown. these third party apps can be used for malware attacks in your phone.

Therefore it becomes more important for Nokia to improve its camera app and user experience of its customers/fan, as currently only Nokia fans are their customers.

Most of the people who do not buy Nokia phone tells that its no more customer friendly and can not provide quick support on user feedback like xiaomi and one plus.

So Nokia please listens to us and prove them wrong.

• The downloads are safe, it's not like your downloading something pirated from Aptoide l. HMD don't go on these forums, otherwise a community manager would be replying back. Your screams will go unheard.
  • ashis kar ashis kar
    ✭✭  / 
    Anything on XDA is safe and secured.. only ppl not knowing about XDA can speak about malware.. in fact XDA has some great developers and they r the one for whom we r getting such awesome gcam apk..
  • How to toggle between 1x to 2x in gcam?
  • ashis kar ashis kar
    ✭✭  / 
    @user1526752373905 I dont know where u got this right.. about Xiaomi and Oneplus.. both have worst after sales service.. for heaven's shake dont even mention here Xiaomi.. their so called no 1 smartphone did not launch with Android oreo even.. it took forever for the users like me to scream out for dual VOLTE.. just dont bring cheap Chinese phone topics into something called "Brand" here.. and comparing with cheap Chinese phones is a disgrace to brands and also disrespectful.
  •  Seeing as so many camera threads have been started on this forum.  Lets all keep this thread bumped to the top, if you see it on page two, please bump to page one again.

• Camera UI and performance needs improvement, along with separate gallery app. The other mobile manufacturer provide own gallery app other tan Google photos app.
Prev1