May 2018 security update released in India

May 2018 security update released in India for Nokia 3. My phone is downloading the software right now. Please check and update your Nokia 3 phone at earliest.

May 2018 security update released in India

sammy sammy
✭✭✭  / 
May 2018 security update released in India for Nokia 3. My phone is downloading the software right now. Please check and update your Nokia 3 phone at earliest.

Comments

• notiz notiz
    ✭✭  /  edited May 22
    It was also released in northern Europe today.
  • Aman Aman
     / 
    Hi...I got update yesterday...but when I tried to install the update...it told me to factory reset...do anyone factory reset Nokia 3 for may patch?
  • sammy sammy
    ✭✭✭  / 
    My phone suffered problems while installing the update. On automatic booting after update installation started, there was some issue, all sms messages and call histroy disappeared. The phone suggested that there was a serious error me to do a factory reset to recover from the error. After doing factory reset and restoring latest Google backup, sms messages are still lost. Rest of data is ok.
  • Aman Aman
     / 
    That same problem with me too sammy
  • wilson shrestha wilson shrestha
    ✭✭✭  /  edited May 22
    Hello, That's strange @Sammy @Aman cause I didn't have any problem with the update. Which model of Nokia 3 do you guys use?
  • Aman Aman
     /  edited May 22
    My Nokia 3 is TA-1032
    ✭✭✭  / 
    That's even more strange since I also have the same model but didn't face such issues as Sammy said.
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Hello, @Sammy I think Google doesn't backup SMS messages. I don't see any option to backup SMS messages in Google Backup settings.
  • Aman Aman
     / 
    I downloaded update then tap on restart. Then after it went in some recovery telling your android is not genuine something like that.. And told to factory reset.
    ✭✭✭  /  edited May 22
    Hello, @Aman I tried to search on Google about this issue of yours but couldn't find any article or people facing this issue. And is the May Security Patch installed on your phone after that?
  • sammy sammy
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Ta-1032 model. This the first time I am having such a experience with mobile update.
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Yup, I also couldn't find anything about this issue while I searched it on the web.
  • Aman Aman
     / 
    When I factory reset my device was on April patch....When I factory reset and install everything like contact image and all . I checked for update then I again downloaded may patch and then tap on restart...this time it installed.
  • sammy sammy
    ✭✭✭  / 
    My phone did not update to may security update eventually. I had to do a factory reset and restore. I am planning to wait for few more days before attempting to update again. I can even opt not to update may security patch and directly jump to June security patch that will be released next month.
    ✭✭✭  / 
    I think this has to do something with Google trying to remove the devices which are not certified to use the Google Services and Playstore. This might be just a warning because Google couldn't match the device that you were using with the data in their server. I maybe completely wrong here. :)
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Hello, @Sammy @Aman just told that he was successful in installing May Security Patch after the factory reset.
  • Aman Aman
     / 
    Should I go to service center to ask??
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Hello, @Aman first try asking Nokia through Support chat.
  • sammy sammy
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Google does backup SMS text messages. MMS message video are not backup, only MMS text messages are backup.
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Really, I didn't know about that since my SMS were never backuped.
  • sammy sammy
    ✭✭✭  /  edited May 22
    User has option to choose if he wants sms text messages to be backup or not.
  • sammy sammy
    ✭✭✭  /  edited May 22
    I think maybe Nokia is pushing new oem partition under project treble. That's why aman and my phone threw up a critical error. May security update might be doing something with boot sector....whose error required a factory reset for resolution.
  • sammy sammy
    ✭✭✭  /  edited May 22
    I just sucessfully updated my phone to may security update.
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Yes anything is possible. Its just a speculation unless someone really finds what is it or google officially addresses this problem.
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Glad to know you successfully updated your phone @Sammy. :)
  • sammy sammy
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Oem manufacturer like Xiaomi and others have already started to release support update for project treble to their Oreo updated devices. Nokia has almost stock android old phones and android one on 2018 models. It will be easiest for Nokia than Xiaomi to support project treble. Will Nokia like to be left behind ?
  • sammy sammy
    ✭✭✭  /  edited May 22
    Yep sucessfully updated my phone now. I have a rich mobile software testing experience with me. Tested alpha and
    closed beta China rom for Xiaomi. Windows insider member since last 3 years.
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Yes you are right @Sammy. But Why did some of us have this issue with the update and some of us don't?
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Hello, @Sammy there is an app on the play store called "Treble Check". Can you see if Nokia 3 is supported in Project Treble now for you? I checked it but it showed that I don't have a treble support.
  • sammy sammy
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Ok I will check this app from store.
Prev1