Touch unresponsive

Hello I am facing the touch unresponsive problem since last 14 days. My device touch is unresponsive several times.

Touch unresponsive

Gaurav Sharma Gaurav Sharma
 /  edited November 5
Hello
I am facing the touch unresponsive problem since last 14 days. My device touch is unresponsive several times. When it is unresponsive I just off the screen with power button then again press power button/double tap for screen wakeup and then touch works fine. I have tired all the solutions which was given by Nokia customer team and I have visit to Nokia care center also they reinstalled the software but problem still resist. Anyone one facing same issue ?

Comments

• gawdfather007 gawdfather007
     / 
    Weird problem, you should get a replacement.
  • Zisco Zisco
     / 

I have the same problem since I did a full recovery, before that had never happened. Did you get fixed?

• I am also facing the same issue. Did you get it resolved?

• Zisco Zisco
     /  edited July 19
    In my case, I did not solve the problem, I installed the preview of the Android P developer and the issue persist, I installed Android 8.1 again and the problems persist although it is not very frequent, however the problem is still there.
  • user1531443236076 user1531443236076
     /  edited July 19
    I am facing the same issues. I notice this priblem and network problem started after june security updates.
    I think its a bug .
  • bvanaerde bvanaerde
     /  edited July 24

Reply from Nokia Chat:

Thank you for your feedback. We acknowledge this bug. At the moment is
    being investigated.. For now i'm not able to give you to solution of the
    problem, but stay tuned, please. I'm sorry for the inconvenience.

I understand you, but we do not have that kind of information at the
    moment. Once we find the solution for this bug, we are going to announce
    it. So stay tuned, please

• libin2711 libin2711
     /  edited July 19
    There is another thread in forum with same issue i would suggest you to upvote that too as it had gathered about 13 votes already. Combined vote help raising voice more efficiently..........
    In my understanding companies seems to use different hardware versions of display in exactly same device manufactured by different contracting companies, this change in hardware cause compatibility issue, which is most likely the case here, A software update can easily fix it. But question remains When???
  • Does anyone have a solution for this?
    I bought my phone little less than a month ago, I've had this issue almost since the start so I contacted support from the nokia care app, I was advised to troubleshoot software as the issue could be caused by an app, and so I did, for a couple of days I started unintalling groups of apps to see if the problem would go away but with no success, all this while on Oreo August patch.
    In the meantime Pie update came out and I immediately updated with my fingers crossed hoping it would solve my issues, It didn't.
    Still hoping it could be a software problem I factory reseted my phone but no luck, on first boot while setting my Google account to the phone the touchscreen stopped responding again.
    I've started searching the web and forum in hope to find some miraculous solution and figured out this plagues a lot of people, so I went ahead and started an online repair from Nokia's site, phone was shipped to factory to Sur Iqor in Hungary, was supposedly repaired and shipped back, once I received it there was a sheet with details of the repair: "software update".... And this when I described the problem exactly like I did here.
    Guess what? Received the phone yesterday and today just had my first touchscreen freeze again...
    This is unacceptable for a phone in this price range. At the very least someone needs to acknowledge the problem, and let us know if it is hardware or software and let us know something is being done. I love this phone, I really do, but this is making me seriously regret ever buying it.
    If this is a software problem the let us know so we can try to wait patiently for a fix. If it is hardware then you need to start letting all your partners know about it so a proper fix method is applied whenever a bad device shows up. Doing nothing and staying silent is not acceptable.
  • bvanaerde bvanaerde
     / 

Hi Sandro Oliveira

Sad to hear you're stuck with the same problem as with many others.
    Myself, I'm fed up with this touch problem, and after two repair attempts (where they just downgraded/updated the software) I decided I'm going for a refund. As they are not able to fix it, this is the only remaining option.

As you're saying yourself: this is a very good phone, especially in this price range. But this specific problem is making the phone unusable.

• I was also facing this issue for a couple of months. 😑 don't know what to do . just simply locking and unlocking solves it temporarily but no more rigid solutions.😫
  • aakash aakash
    ✭✭✭  / 
    bvanaerde said: 

Reply from Nokia Chat:

Thank you for your feedback. We acknowledge this bug. At the moment is being investigated.. For now i'm not able to give you to solution of the problem, but stay tuned, please. I'm sorry for the inconvenience.

I understand you, but we do not have that kind of information at the moment. Once we find the solution for this bug, we are going to announce it. So stay tuned, please

Amazing

Hi Nokia7plus users,
    I need your help 
    I request you all to email this Nokia7plus serious issues link to Nokia so that we can grab their attention.

Email Id: [email protected]

Link of Issues: https://community.phones.nokia.com/discussion/9434/serious-issues-of-nokia-7-plus-users-of-nokia7plus-please-have-a-look/p1

• boblu boblu
    ✭✭  / 
    Hey are you using any app locker.?
    Or screen locker?
    If yes, please uninstall.
    2. Try turn off lock your device.

Thanks😊
  • Well i AM with the same problem. The notification bar it not responsive
  • Why HMD Global and Nokia don't see that many people having the same problem with their Nokia phones?
  • aakash aakash
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Why HMD Global and Nokia don't see that many people having the same problem with their Nokia phones?
    Hi there,
    HMD is busy in launching a bunch of new devices.
    They don't even have a time to look the problems we are facing after Android Pie update.
    They released beta version of pie but still it is buggy.
  • Hi all,

Since 2 weeks, i've encountered the same touchscreen problems as you all described. No third party lockscreens, launchers etc. I've even did a factory reset, without result. Is there any solution? Or are we supposed to wait and hope for the best?

Maurice
  • Hello I am facing the touch unresponsive problem since last 14 days. My device touch is unresponsive several times. When it is unresponsive I just off the screen with power button then again press power button/double tap for screen wakeup and then touch works fine. I have tired all the solutions which was given by Nokia customer team and I have visit to Nokia care center also they reinstalled the software but problem still resist. Anyone one facing same issue ?
    I think the screen of the Nokia 7 Plus is not of good quality. Sometimes he doesn't react. The screen is not a flat surface. Turn off the smartphone. Place a vertical line (window) behind you. You can see the waves on the screen !!! The screen is not a flat surface. It's waving!
  • Could someone please provide any update if they have any about this issue? Major show stopper for me rightnow.
  • Anyone?
  • I am facing same problem but screen doesn't on when it's plugged into charging most of time,and ringtone unlock sound becomes mute and it's must to restart then only it's start to ring. please if any one have solutions plz share
  • Try a factory reset
  • For me this happens sometimes when alarm rings. Double tapping fixes it.
  • Has any one found a solution? I am facing same issue.
  • This problem has no solution and Nobody cares here. Just give 0 rating in all the online shopping apps. Let them realise how it trouble us. just gi
  • Hello I am facing the touch unresponsive problem since last 14 days. My device touch is unresponsive several times. When it is unresponsive I just off the screen with power button then again press power button/double tap for screen wakeup and then touch works fine. I have tired all the solutions which was given by Nokia customer team and I have visit to Nokia care center also they reinstalled the software but problem still resist. Anyone one facing same issue ?
    I think the screen of the Nokia 7 Plus is not of good quality. Sometimes he doesn't react. The screen is not a flat surface. Turn off the smartphone. Place a vertical line (window) behind you, in the reflections you can see the waves on the screen !!! The screen is not a flat surface. It's waving!

• Same issue aswell. Couldn't even type this message with out having to lock and unlock to get the touch working again.
  • Nokia 7 plus 
    This phone is supposed to be one of the best phones at this price range but actually it has many issues that appears after using it for a while .. I am not sure if I am the only one having these issues 
    Like the touch problem specially in the notification bar as well as the slowness of opening the camera after the last two updates ... And I know this might be silly but even the (left to check) feature which I used to use alot suddenly stopped working although it is enabled in setting after the last two updates ....
    What's the matter Nokia !? I just have had the phone for 2 months ....
  • Now I see it as a general problem. I tried very hard to solve the problem but I could not.They said that they were incompatible applications. But I tried to reset the factory and tried the " safe mode " also did not work.Even the Nokia team has no solution to this disaster
  • Is it a software or hardware problem? Were any series manufactured with poor screen quality? Is it possible to bypass the deficiencies of these bad screens with an update? This problem has been going on for six months!
    A moving thought full of compassion for Nokia's programmers, stuck between the hammer and the anvil.
  • mjklpl mjklpl
     / 
    Hi, have been using rhe phone for two days and couple of times the touch is not recognized. It mostly happens whem the phone is lying flat and I try to use it.