How to fix boot loop?

My Nokia 3.1 is stuck in a boot loop after a recent software update to 8.1.0.

How to fix boot loop?

My Nokia 3.1 is stuck in a boot loop after a recent software update to 8.1.0. This has happened twice, and if it's not a bad luck, the only common thing during both times have been an encryption enabled through settings. Is there any way to solve this problem by myself, or my only option is to visit Nokia Care?
Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• It seems I have exactly the same issue on a new device I purchased as a Christmas present, worked perfectly until the pending Android 8.1 update was applied. Very disappointed! 

Have tried a factory reset to no avail, the phone simply boot loops to the "Android One" splash screen 

Trying to find a 3.1 Android 8.0 rom to flash
  • steve steve
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Did you make sure you had the usb charging cable in ? I'm sure it only goes to the recovery and wiping options if it's plugged in , I could be wrong of course.
  • steve steve
    ✭✭✭  / 
    I've never had a boot loop myself so not totally sure how best to fix it, but my only option because I never have much saved or installed is wipe it , I've wiped mine at least 4 times in as many months because of strange lagging between menu swipes 
  • It seems I have exactly the same issue on a new device I purchased as a Christmas present, worked perfectly until the pending Android 8.1 update was applied. Very disappointed! 

Have tried a factory reset to no avail, the phone simply boot loops to the "Android One" splash screen 

Trying to find a 3.1 Android 8.0 rom to flash

Same here. I'm looking for a ROM as well, because it looks like this isn't likely to stop, ever. The same happened when there was a security patch, and now with this v8.1.0 update. I would love it if Nokia brings back Nokia Suite, because it took care of these things very nicely.
  • steve said:
    Did you make sure you had the usb charging cable in ? I'm sure it only goes to the recovery and wiping options if it's plugged in , I could be wrong of course.
    Yes, I've tried everything and nothing is working. The boot loop is there, looping at Android One logo, and there's nothing that I'm able to do. No recovery, no wipe options.
    The worst thing, there is no stock ROM available, or an easy way to flash a stock ROM.
  • Have a look on Google for "Nokia Online Service Tool"

It might do what you need.
  • ajyotirmay ajyotirmay
     /  edited December 2018
    Dave B said:
    Have a look on Google for "Nokia Online Service Tool"

It might do what you need.
    Thanks, will try that. Still sad to see no official method of doing this (specially when your software is supposed to be open). But OST needs firmware files, or some sort of other file. Where do I get that from? Can't find anything for Nokia 3.1
  • steve steve
    ✭✭✭  / 
    I remember my Samsung's using the built in Odin software to flash fresh firmware from sammobile website.

• So I got my phone fixed from Nokia Care, and after getting it back I tried to update it to Android v8.1.0 via OTA again, and to no surprise, my phone was stuck in a boot loop again. Not it's not just frustrating anymore. It's annoying. Looks like I have received a faulty hardware, or looks like Nokia QC isn't doing a great job at making sure that the software gets installed nicely. Either way, it needs to be fixed. I bought this phone 4 months ago, and this is just insane that I'm having the same problem every time.
  • Bought a new Nokia 3.1. First Software update - initially failed multiple times and then it went into boot loop. Was not able to use the new phone for even 2 days.
  • This is really a crash! I don't know if you have solved this problem by contacting Nokia after-sales service. I have to say that the Android boot loop problem is very common in Android devices. You usually use recovery mode and CWM to solve it. If you still haven't solved the problem, I would suggest you give it a try like this:
    Press and hold the power button simultaneously, the volume up button and the Home button > Open CWM Recovery Mode > Use the Volume Down button to select the Advanced option, press the Power button to confirm > Erase Dalvik Cache > Back > Mounts and Storage > Wipe / Cache > Return to the home page of recovery mode > "Restart system now" > Finish.
  • sarry86 sarry86
     / 
    > @ajyotirmay said:
    > So I got my phone fixed from Nokia Care, and after getting it back I tried to update it to Android v8.1.0 via OTA again, and to no surprise, my phone was stuck in a boot loop again. Not it's not just frustrating anymore. It's annoying. Looks like I have received a faulty hardware, or looks like Nokia QC isn't doing a great job at making sure that the software gets installed nicely. Either way, it needs to be fixed. I bought this phone 4 months ago, and this is just insane that I'm having the same problem every time.

Did you fix the problem? I have exact the same problem