Nokia 6.1 Plus Charging issues

Charging gets connected and disconnected on its own. The phone is new and I insert only Type - C OTG and charging cable that's all. I maintain my one well.

Nokia 6.1 Plus Charging issues

vkms258 vkms258
✭✭✭  / 
Charging gets connected and disconnected on its own. The phone is new and I insert only Type - C OTG and charging cable that's all. I maintain my one well. What should I do?

Comments

• I got new phone and even than usb port was loose af,still got normal charging...will try to replace cable only...
  • vineet1806 vineet1806
    ✭✭  / 
    Same problem with my handset also.
  • prspuri9 prspuri9
    ✭✭  /  edited December 2018
    vkms258 said:
    Charging gets connected and disconnected on its own. The phone is new and I insert only Type - C OTG and charging cable that's all. I maintain my one well. What should I do?
    That's a manufacturing defect of the USB C port. My phone is also submitted at the service centre for the same reason. It's been a fortnight and they don't have the spare parts. IceI even got my type C cable changed under warranty for the same reason .
  • Have it replaced
  • I have problem during charging the mobile.charging port will be change...said by service center.and there is no stock of charging port
  • same issue here.

• how much time will it take to repair charging port?

• prspuri9 prspuri9
    ✭✭  / 
    My phone's type C port is repaired and now works flawlessly. They did the job in 25 days. Not now I plug in and out the cable very delicately and cautiously.  
  • Bipul Khanduri Bipul Khanduri
    ✭✭  / 
    I haven't faced the issue with the charging port yet but I am disappointed that the sd card cannot be or is not allowed to be formatted as internal memory . From Nokia community I learnt that this is an issue with Nokia 6.1 plus. Had I known I would not have bought the phone
  • I have bought Nokia 5.1 plus and i have also been facing same charging issue in my unit...it gets connected and disconnected on its own...
  • Exactly,the charging  disconnection own by own is serious issue of Nokia 6.1plus. please fix it 
  • Even i am facing the same problem with charging issue from 3 months. if give it in service center it ill take about 1 month and this is my primary phone. if it takes 1 month for replace it is not fare. Pls sort out this issue as soon as possible. And this is my last nokia phone i tought it will be good phone for daily usage but fedup with this.
  • It's the manufacturing hardware issue and I have been facing this from 2 months, went to Nokia care and it's has been 15 days but no avail, I was using Nokia engage, Nokia 6600, just bought the device being a true Nokia fan but I regret buying this phone as the fault is an headache, and irony is such comments posted on this forum but no one from HMD GLOBAL has taken the issue, not going to buy again such a poor service was not really expecting this
  • I had the same problem right after the 2 months i purchased this phone. As i am a huge fan of nokia brand so i bought it on its first sale but when it made me suffer for atleast 2 months of fixing this charging connector problem i got disappointed. But what i kept doing was following them about the part. I just want to suggest you that take your job sheet details with you and call nokia phone help centre and ask them, will they extend the warranty period get wasted while submitting in service centre? If yes then give us in writing or make us the part available in a week. Thats it.
  • wyk wyk
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    inspite of solid felt build quality the charging port seems bothering nokia itself.. as almost all variants of device users are complaining. 
  • I think it's a manufacturing defect. Even my type c port was very loose and would shake a lot. I complained at the Authorised Nokia Care Centre, and got it replaced for free as the warranty was valid. They told me it will take 2 weeks when I submitted the phone, but then due to late shipping by Nokia Spares, it took 3 weeks to get my phone back. It's been about 3 weeks since i got it back, it's working fine now.
  • Same issue with my phone..and it is submitted in service center for 10 days. I will never buy nokia phone. Because service after sale is very pathetic.
  • I have Nokia 6.1 plus. I start facing some problem in charging the device. I go to service centre in gandhinangar gujarat. They thold me it took 7 days to got ready and data will loss. I replied them that i will come back after backing up my data and arrange phone for 7 days. I go back to them after some days. They told me that i have to pay 1300 to them because my device charging jack is damaged by me. 
    In last i end up paying them 1300 and device for 5 days. 
    Service centre guys are sucking.
  • Charging port loose from Day 1, its just one month old phone...can i replace phone at service center as i don't believe in repair or else i will sell this phone
  • Charging port loose from Day 1, its just one month old phone...can i replace phone at service center as i don't believe in repair or else i will sell this phone
    You should sell this phone and buy any redmi phones.
  • Ami43 said:
    I have Nokia 6.1 plus. I start facing some problem in charging the device. I go to service centre in gandhinangar gujarat. They thold me it took 7 days to got ready and data will loss. I replied them that i will come back after backing up my data and arrange phone for 7 days. I go back to them after some days. They told me that i have to pay 1300 to them because my device charging jack is damaged by me. 
    In last i end up paying them 1300 and device for 5 days. 
    Service centre guys are sucking.
    I recommend you do not buy any nokia phone in future.
  • I have the same issue in nokia5.1plus and it cost me1200 now the trust from Nokia phones are getting over
  • ritesh mishra ritesh mishra
    ✭✭✭  / 
    prspuri9 said:
    My phone's type C port is repaired and now works flawlessly. They did the job in 25 days. Not now I plug in and out the cable very delicately and cautiously.  
    What is the gurantee that it will sustain. This is serious issue, Nokia should replace all the devices with countermeasures parts