Android O new Update for Nokia 6

When we get the new Android 0 update for the Nokia 6?

Android O new Update for Nokia 6

user948 user948
 /  edited November 12
When we get the new Android 0 update for the Nokia 6?

Comments

• Dr. Falcon Dr. Falcon
     /  edited September 4
    An interesting question, but until the HMD shows that they only focused on Nokia 8.
  • malik minhas malik minhas
     /  edited February 3
    "Before the end of this year"
    In an interview with GadgetGaul, Mark Trundle, HMD Global's General Manager for Australia, New Zealand, and Indonesia regions, confirmed that the the Nokia 3, Nokia 5, and Nokia 6 smartphones will be getting their respective Android 8.0 Oreo update "before the end of the year"

This article is listed here:

http://gadgets.ndtv.com/mobiles/news/nokia-3-5-6-android-8-0-oreo-update-to-roll-out-by-end-of-2017-1756250

(I have no contribution to this website, this is just a news forum for me which i am referring)
  • Simon Simon
     /  edited May 4
    And will it come to all handsets? The security updates aren't.
     /  edited April 2
    Yes Nokia 3,5,6 & 8 all going to get Android Oreo.
    Security updates are already coming via OTAs right From first day i got the phones. I have heard many times people claiming Nokia 6 is lacking in security updates that's because some people got Chinese variants flashed with International Software on it by the seller, Which lead them to stop getting OTAs. You need to contact Nokia support if that's the case with you.
     /  edited December 2017
    In a recent interview with some YouTube channel in Indonesia at Nokia launch event in Indonesia two of the HMD Executives clarified that yes Nokia 3, 5 and 6 and 8 will all get Android O before Christmas. And they also clarified the policy of supporting software updates and security updates for their devices for a period of 2 years (which means if Android P comes in that time frame, hope for that too, actually not hope but a guarantee for that if it lands in 2018)
  • Simon Simon
     /  edited December 2017
    So if I haven't received any of the security patches, what's the chance I'll get Oreo?
     /  edited December 2017
    First try by using vpn to see if you get update after changing location. If you still don't get it, contact Nokia support and inform them.
    There may be the case the person who sold you the device flashed international rom on to the Chinese variant which causes it to stop getting OTAs.
    For confirmation if this is the case with you, check if the model number written on the box of the phone and one written in the settings in about phone section are same. If they're different then u r the victim of that international rom flash trouble. You can also look at xdadevelopers.com to see its solution as many people have come across this issue
  • Simon Simon
     /  edited December 2017
    It's a TA-1033 running the international firmware purchased over the counter from a big box retailer. Definitely not the Chinese version. Their local support website (nokia.com.au) has a not working email support form and the chat support app staff told me it was "a Google problem because Google makes android.". I found a support email address and they told me to try another region then never replied when I asked how.

Your response here has been more useful than all my interaction with Nokia combined. Oh and I have this issue with two phones so it's not a one off thing.
     /  edited May 29
    Then at least give vpn (psiphon or opera vpn) a try and see if that works. What does it do when u do?
  • Simon Simon
     /  edited December 2017
    Opera VPN set to USA. Key icon on toolbar indicating that the VPN is active.

Settings phone - system updates - check for updates - "your phone is up to date".
  • user1507069853541 user1507069853541
     /  edited March 15
    Why are you so excited for Oreo update it will came have patience..
  • Simon Simon
     /  edited December 2017

Someone else figured out the update problem: https://community.phones.nokia.com/support/discussions/topics/7000010948

I'm looking forward to getting lots of updates now. Nokia even announcd that all their current phones (I assume this means the 3, 5, 6 and 8) will get Oreo and the next version of Android as well.

• KANCHANAPALLY CHANDRAKANTH KANCHANAPALLY CHANDRAKANTH
     /  edited November 2017
    Hello mr HMD global when u PPL goings to give for Nokia 6 man Android O 8.0 and if u PPL trying to provide updates on Nokia 6 or nd while giving update of 8.0 enable of wireless display i mean casting it s mirror casting in mi Lenovo like this chepuu kind of brand s provideing y u PPL can't do tell i bought tht Nokia 6 always connected to people with this kind small features if Ur not provideing u PPL can't sustain in this generation Nokia all users will go to some other brands mi Samsung like those options try to enable casting option s while giving update of 8.0 to Nokia 6 it's my humble request kindly accept nd do it
  • user1510205131137 user1510205131137
     /  edited December 2017
    Last month of this year you will get an oreo update
  • KANCHANAPALLY CHANDRAKANTH KANCHANAPALLY CHANDRAKANTH
     /  edited December 2017
    K man bt if 8.0 coming in end this m won't happy why bcuz cast option s not their in nokia 6 man how u ppl going to do man why because it's geting MI. LENOVO nd OPPO SAMSUNG like this cheap catagory type of mobile s geting so why u ppl nt doing in nokia 6 HELlO HMD can't do tht for us cast option s enable those I need see In 8.0 update in tht options need enable other wise shut ur shutter nd **** off HMD
    Why m scolding means cheaper brands giving all features man u can't I. payed 15000 bt no features the same features which I can buy some others brands in 9000 to 10000 why I need west money I need tht options to be enabled in next update other wise I'll upload in youtube video like don't buy there s no cast option enabled in nokia latest mobile s check and purchase like this I'll upload k
  • Go to setting and click on display you can see cast feature
  • In my phone this feature is working that why i say that
    U can reset your phone and try again
  • I won't believe you what u saying now do u know tht screen mirroring means what's it's is can tell if is it working means send me video of tht or else explain the process for cast I mean screen mirroring
  • user1510205131137 user1510205131137
     /  edited December 2017
    Sorry Is it not possible to send an video u can check the procedure on youtube
  • Simon Simon
     /  edited November 2017
    Nokia 6 supports screen mirroring with Chromecast. Perhaps your smart TV uses a different technology? What make/model is your TV?
  • Simon Simon
     /  edited December 2017
    If you tell us which smart TV you have, we can figure out what mirroring/casting protocol it uses and if the Nokia 6 can support it.

Or you could abuse me for trying to help but you might not get much help.
  • ANURAG322 ANURAG322
     /  edited December 2017

Guys,

Nokia too slow working on software development.

Users of NOKIA 8, 6, 5 & 3 all are totally disappointed form development team.

So its our time wasted cycle for discussion regarding software update. 

• Anna - Moderator Anna - Moderator
    ✭✭✭  /  edited December 2017

Hi - we've had to remove some comments here made by user1509001327431, due to foul language and not remembering our House Rule #1: "Be kind. Treat everyone on this forum with the same respect you'd like to be treated with."

The full House Rules are available here. Please read them and keep them in mind whenever you post on the forum. 

Have a lovely day all, let's keep things nice and civil! 

Anna (Moderator) 

• my nokia6 TA-1021 has not received secruity patch update my last security patch is 1april 2017
  • user1513168164893 user1513168164893
     /  edited December 2017
    Nokia 6 phone new update
  • Menno Wormsbecher Menno Wormsbecher
     /  edited December 2017

just received security patch December 1, 2017 build : 00WW)3_700_SP02

all ok for now

micheal

• JamieP JamieP
     / 

December Security Patch....

Which Nokia 6 variant please?

• It was released for TA-1021, TA-1025, TA-1033, TA-1039. Available in Europe at least. Update my TA-1025 to 00WW_3_72A_SP01, patch level December 1, 2017

• JamieP JamieP
     / 
    Thanks.

Still waiting for update on TA-1021 in Thailand.
  • All us version, Chinese version and Taiwan version (TA-1003) will not get the Oreo Updates on time. Updates for these Nokia 6 phones will be available in February 2018 or in March.